Magic Association Magic Association - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Smiling wryly, Blaiz turned around before speaking some strange words that sounded more like roaring than actual words. After he finished, he waited a moment before turning back around saying, “She’ll be here soon. While we wait, we should probably strategize.”

Waiting a bit, the dragonkin continued. “Niris and I will be tracking Lee while you,” he says while pointing at Umbrum, “will be running on the ground following us. We’ll give you aerial support whenever possible as you’re likely to run into enemies. Once we reach Lee, we’ll need to use some mana crystals to help recover her strength as she’s probably been using her magic a lot. We can borrow some from the association right now I’d imagine since the situation is rather dire.” Finishing up, he asked the group, “Any questions or suggestions for improvement?”

OOC: I feel like I took control too much~ Feel free to change the plans!

2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mm, I have nothing against this !" said Umbrum as he nodded with a slight smile, but then he looked around and sighed as he saw the surroundings, everything is disappearing, well, in a different way than 'usual', that made him feel out of place, like he shouldn't be here... he quickly shook off this thought out of his head.

"I have something actually against this actually. Can it count as paying partly my debts ?"
    asked Niris as it will free her from troubles if the response was yes, honestly, she didn't want to have more debts that she already had, it was everything that restrained her here. She has literally two life debts, obviously, she would like to repay them.

OOC: Don't worry~ not like Umbrum will say something against you since he doesn't even concretely know what's going on~

3. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    “Debt? I don’t know what you mean, but probably? Anyway if there’s no more questions, I’ll melt a way into the association for us to grab some mana crystals.” Reaching inside himself for his magic once again, Blaiz began melting the ice once again, this time even faster. At the same time, Mira could be seen zooming toward them.

OOC: Blaiz doesn’t think of it as a debt, so I wonder what will happen~

leegood, Nahrenne and Naraku like this.
  4. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    *Shatter*

"Ugh...now I'll have to make another staff. Again."

Nadia hadn't been just recovering her strength. In her hands had been the segmented pieces of her staff, broken by herself.

Her physical strength was high, true, but not to the extent of snapping harder alloys without so much as a blink. No, it was because mithril was the base of the staff, and softened when she ran her mana through it.

"...Well, this will be rich."

Right now, she was holding a single dagger. A blade of around 40 centimetres, formed out of her staff.

The reason she needed it was because of a sudden gift she had gotten. Namely, she started developing another element of magic.

"Huuu~"

Water formed as usual, but this time, the droplets were shaped into squares. Flawless squares that both reflected and allowed light to pass through.

"Alright, let's see if a sudden change in fightig style will trip me up. Before that, let's name this blade...uh..."

For a dagger, it was quite heavy, but the overall form was beautiful, much like a sculpture. The polished edge shone like a mirror.

"In that case, I'll name it [Prisma • Bakuya]. Now, I believe we have a phoenix to fight."

((Nadia joins back into the fight, so feel free to include her in the plans.))

leegood, Fossil, TiggerBane and 2 others like this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Saving my life." said Niris before clicking her tongue, wasn't it easy to guess ? She shook her head while Umbrum simply waited that the ice finished melting before dashing into the Association, quickly finding the way toward the reserve since he already knows where is the reserve as a receptionist who gave rewards.

It seems like even the interior was messed up due to the attacks, and everything seemed to be destroyed or reduced to nothing. He looked around quickly and saw an unaffected box, he pulled it out and saw what was inside, mana crystal, well, only two dozen of them, they didn't seem to be of higher quality than the one Umbrum had.

Quickly, he came back with them and said to Blaiz with a smile, not even watching or observing the association, he didn't want to remind himself from the past, it's destroyed now. It's gone. There's nothing to see. Is there something to see ? Of course not. Why would he observe then ? Is it worth it ?
    He didn't even a realize the cold touch of that hand on his shoulder, he shook his head and the hand disappeared.

"I have 2 dozens ! The rest seems destroyed !"

OOC: Mooooooooooore~ Hehe~

MaliMi, leegood, Fossil and 2 others like this.
  6. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Before looking around for the crystals, Blaiz took a minute to talk to Niris as Umbrum left them. "To be honest, I did nothing in terms of saving you, that was all Umbrum. He strengthened your body enough that eventually it would have been able to melt itself. I just happened to speed up the process. So if you think that you have a debt, it's not on me. Besides...I don't want anyone to think that they owe me...not after all I've failed to protect." Sighing a bit and looking a tad depressed, the dragonkin walked away from Niris as she digested the information. Chances are she'll understand what she needs to do on her own.

Wandering around a bit, Blaiz came to a room that was locked. Peering through the keyhole, the summoner saw what he was looking for: a high-grade mana crystal. Teleporting in, the dragonkin took it while ignoring all of the other fancy objects reserved for high-ranked adventurers. He knew that he'd have to return them all anyway, so it wasn't worth the risk when he doesn't even need them. Snatching the crystal that appeared to be nearly empty, he teleported back to Niris before Umbrum showed up.

OOC: Now's the time to have Niris talk back to Blaiz if you want to~

7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mm, maybe, but the ice wouldn't have worn off with merely physical strengthening, or it's more like I would have die of hunger before since I wouldn't be able to eat." said Niris as she stretched her arms.
    "So, I owe you both my life. Isn't it simple ? Also, you can only protect what you can, did you see what attacked you ? The fact that you are still alive is impressive. Most are dead I suppose. Who would survive against that ? A minority." Niris shook her head and then saw Umbrum coming with two dozens of mana crystal, he had a weak forced smile. He didn't look behind him and simply showed what he got.
    "Well... two dozens, better than nothing I guess ? Most of thing items seemed to be destroyed..."

8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Listening to Niris's explanation, Blaiz sighed and said to her briefly, "We'll talk more later." Turning to Umbrum, the dragonkin started speaking, "That's plenty, plus I got my hands on a high-grade crystal, albeit mostly empty. I can probably refill it depending on how much mana I have when we reach Lee." As he said this, Mira finally arrived while looking a bit out of breath. Nodding at her, a beautiful melody escaped her maw as a green light enveloped the shadow-user. After being thanked, Mira cooed before flying on top of Blaiz and started sleeping. Smiling wryly for a moment before resuming his serious attitude, the dragonkin turned back to the group. "Are we all ready to go? Niris, do you have a general location for Lee found yet? Descriptions would also help."

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    MaliMi and leegood like this.
  9. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Niris sighed and used her spell, normally, she shouldn't be able to detect people more than 30 feet away from her, but she just decided to use way more than usual and it happened so the range of the spell increase, perhaps that was because she never really trained or used this spell seriously. closing her eyes, she turned her head and tried to sense life, this small and weak existence, injured.
    A small red thread seemed to appear in her mind as she said.
    "East. She is near. Well, I can only say that the person seems to be quite weak, it was hard to detect them." Then she pointed at a direction, as for now, she wasn't close enough to detect her precisely, but if Blaiz approaches enough, he should be able to notice since it's him, how frustrating.

Meanwhile, Umbrum was simply stretching his legs, ready to run any time. He didn't say much more.

OOC: Let's find Lee right now~

MaliMi, AliceShiki and Fossil like this.
  10. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Grabbing Niris in his arms, Blaiz flapped his wings and took off as he watched Umbrum start running after them. Having a good vantage point, Blaiz was constantly looking at Umbrum's surroundings to find possible threats. Any time he did a blast of fire followed close behind so as to get them away from his comrade. The dragonkin was also hoping that the woman on his back would tell him where he's heading in case he strays off course, as well as any potential aerial threats.

OOC: Now's the time for a fight scene if you want one~ Or we can just continue on to Lee!

Naraku, AliceShiki, leegood and 2 others like this.
  11. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Naturally, the Phoenix caught sight of the flying dragonkin, and fired off barrages of ice towards him.

Naraku, leegood and MaliMi like this.
  12. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Oh please... not a flag...
    "Attacks at west !" said Niris as she slightly pushed Blaiz to avoid it, in a certain point of view, she forced him to dive however... in a precise direction, she could have chosen a direction from which it would have been easier to avoid them but she didn't because... she could sense someone near, hidden, pressured under the rubbles, it was Lee, she was there, so near but... the Phoenix... could attack so easily right now, and if Blaiz didn't react, they wouldn't be able to pick up Lee, Blaiz could probably do it but he had a burden in his arms named Niris.

As usual, Umbrum jumped and will act as a protection, a bait, for now, he will only stop the barrage with Edax Umbra... however, the barrages were too quick as he was in mid-air, one of them crushed into but the second after, it disappeared.
    "...Disappear... <Edax Umbra>...." but before the barrage disappeared, it hit him and almost sent him flying, there was still a few ice barrages going toward him, ready to crush him into nothing. But before he could be sent flying, a second barrage came and crushed into him, it disappeared once again.
    "Urrg..." And a last time, the third barrage of ice finally sent him flying, the three disappeared each time they touched Umbrum, however, they hurt him, his hand was turned in the wrong sense, his leg was turned in an unnatural direction... while they were flying, he will try to put all of his members in the correct sense.

OOC: Both~?

leegood, Fossil and MaliMi like this.
  13. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    m
    Due to the unexpected move of Niris, Blaiz started tumbling through the air as he struggled to regain his balance. Unfortunately he succeeded too late and crashed right into a pile of rubble nearby, revealing Lee in the process. Trying to stand up, the dragonkin could feel aches all across his body, as well as a broken left arm, his sword arm. Knowing that he was in no condition to fight anyway, he scanned his surroundings to find an unconscious Lee and Niris. Debating for a bit, he reluctantly took out the mana crystal that he procured at the Association HQ and flooded his mana into it. Filling it up to the brim, he immediately started a procedure taught in his school for emergencies, namely how to forcefully provide someone with mana.

It was a crude way, but he didn't care since the girl was their last hope. Taking his sword out, he slashed his wrist as well as Lee's, mixing their blood together before dripping it onto the crystal. Then he started roaring out, sounds pouring out his mouth that produced somber emotions that could be felt in the air. After he started, Blaiz used his mana to help direct the mana already in the crystal into Lee, filling up her reserves to their limit. Soon he saw her eyes fluttering awake. Relieved that he could finally rest, the half-dragon laid down to recover before he fainted due to blood loss. The last thing he saw before he slept was Niris trying to get up.

OOC: I'll just completely ignore the fact that Niris pushed Blaiz down despite being in his arms. Physics doesn't need to make sense in a magic society, right?

14. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lee woke up, feeling fully, full. Not naturally full, but it seemed, artificially full. Feeling her mana, she could sense that her 'max' amount of mana had decreased a bit, but by how much she did not know. Looking around her, she saw Blaiz on the ground with a cut on his palm and a cut on her palm she gasped as that meant a bond as strong as blood brothers, and it meant that Blaiz was now her sworn brother of the oath, She used her magic to heal the cuts, but only enough to stop the bleeding.
    (o.o)!
    Going over to blaiz, she started healing his body slowly, focusing on the parts where their was most injury and leaving the smaller injuries to heal after the battle.

MaliMi, Haxagen, Fossil and 1 other person like this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Tch, if this keeps up, forget rebuilding the city, there won't be anybody alive to do the rebuilding."

She was staring at the Phoenix, under the cover of the darkness. A purple hexagon floated in her palm, constantly rotating, yet no light reflected off the shiny surface.

"Well, this was a really big mess, so let's not make it bigger. At this rate, killing it is the only viable method."

Summoning other constructs similar to the one she was holding, they begun moving, spreading out around the city. She looked up at the sky. The night was almost over, and dawn was less than an hour away.

"When the sun's first rays touch the horizon, we'll settle this."

((7 more posts until the Phoenix gets cooked for breakfast.))

AliceShiki, leegood, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  16. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    [Task: Stop the Rampage! ]

[Near the Nest]

[Joan and Nana]

A not so short while ago, a particular sound rang faintly, over the background of the citywide mayhem. As the horde of avians pecked their way through the city with raw power, and the air filled with dangerous magic ordnance, a small sewer grate was repositioned with excessive strength, crashing into a nearby wall.

“Ah, finally fresh air!” Joan exclaimed, stretching arms upward, surrounded by her two pets.

A murder of large black ravens exited through the hole closely behind, cawing incomprehensibly.

“I heard over the bead that it was bad, but what is this?” The catgirl questioned aloud, sending a large fireball flying with her pistol at a flock of feral hawks. The ravens swiftly followed through, clawing at other large birds, then draining them of their life force, through streams of blood. “The plaza is completely devastated! I actually liked that book store...” She continued, shooting another fireball through the air, aimed at some sort of winged abomination, made of ice.

Congregating into her human form, Nana joined Joan at her side, commenting without her usual excitement:

“Scalding and bitter, the blood seems to be invigorated by something unusual.”

“Maybe it's this?” Her contractor pointed a muzzle at something huge rampaging over their heads, the Lesser Ice Phoenix.

“Ah.” Nana paused, with her jaw hanging. “Hey, Joan, what does it eat to grow that big?”

“It is as you see, I'd assume. That or... Ice? I was never good in Monstrumology class, frankly.”

“CAAAAWWW!” the being in question roared, as it descended toward the ground again.

“Do you understand what it is saying, Nana?”

“I'm not sure how to say it...”

“Do your best~”

“Caaawww!”

“... Nevermind.” Sighed the catgirl, adding “It's eating the other creatures, let's get closer while it's busy.”

“Caw! Caw!” Came a cheerful response.

Nana split and left to scout around, flying low in order to avoid the attention of the Phoenix. Finding Blaiz and Niris en route, she began reporting their movements to Joan, as well as the nest, but they chose to bypass them, only sending a member of the Collective to observe from nearby. Doing so let them hear some of their conversation, as well as locate Lee. Joan with a raven on her shoulder was hiding behind some rubble, observing the Phoenix.

“So the poor chap is under some sort of curse, and Lee can fix it, I understand. Nana, send a message that I will be distracting it, as soon as they are ready. I will recall you in a few minutes, so make sure to convince them quickly, and prepare a large amount of blood, as we practiced below the city.”

Ethereal ash floated into the air, as the bird disappeared from the catgirl's vicinity.

Simultaneously black feathers scattered behind the tired Blaiz, a black haired gothic lolita with an elegant gait and a large scythe appearing among them, walking slowly toward the group. She used Blood Transfusion to rapidly treat Blaiz and Niris, and spoke up, as soon as she noticed them recovering somewhat.

“Heya! Joan told me to tell you friends something. It's important, so do listen!” Nana smiled.

Joan was skeptical about the battered group's military potential, to be frank. Her actual plan had nothing to do with distracting the Phoenix. If anything the group was the actual distraction. She rummaged through her bag for some particular materials, ones that had satisfactory potency, though perhaps not of a rank as high as her target. Still the artifact she would be creating in a hurry, a Simulacrum carrying her hope of getting out of this situation meritously, but most importantly alive, would use them well beyond their natural effect, so long as the little feminine beings hiding along with her, were supplying their mana to her, for the required duration.

The enchanter started with her craft, constructing something made of bone, by using her Void Blade skill on an engraving knife. Etching with enchanted speed the channels and symbols into the bone, and shaping joints for the material to reattach itself in an unnatural shape, it was a macabre work of art that waited for its consecration and enchantment with blood. She concentrated on her task, using the rhythm of work, as a guide to count down the time to recalling Nana.

Little was she aware, of what Nadia, who happened to be at a moderate distance opposite her, hidden behind a clock tower positioned between them both, was planning herself.

Nadia spread her constructs out into the city. The Phoenix was still in Joan's range of sight.

Suddenly the tower lost its support and fell...

{{ 6 posts remain. Let's not make more than 3 more, before one of us gets a definite shot at cleansing the A rank creature. }}

@Fossil, @leegood, @Naraku, @Haxagen

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    MaliMi, Nahrenne, AliceShiki and 3 others like this.
  17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The sudden crumbling of the clock tower forced Nadia to immediately stop her chanting, causing her constructs to briefly halt and hover where they stood, as Nadia herself dashed behind another building under the cover of the billowing smoke.

Once she had settled in, however, Nadia resumed chanting. Some of the prisms that were closest to her had already gotten into position, and were hovering just out of sight.

MaliMi, leegood and Nahrenne like this.
  18. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    „So here's what you and us to do.” Nana started explaining, gesticulating hastily “As you can see, the large guy is busy with something over there, near the cathedral. In a few moments, I will move over there with Joan to serve as a distraction. We plan to use a certain device to bind the boss to the ground, so when you spot that happening, quickly teleport to the cathedral, and do as you already intended. We'll help you out, as much as we can, but it's doubtful we'll have much time, since he's powerful. I gotta go soon, so nod quickly, if you agree!”

Back at Joan's location, a half-ruined house, the crafting process was nearing its final stage. A large number of basilisk bones had been crafted into a grotesque ivory-coloured chain, etched over the surface of its twisted links with exotic symbols and patterns. The links were designed with hooks, made from claws, to ensure they would pierce the ice, and maintain a hold. Taking out a bag of brass dust, collected a few days ago from a blacksmith, she lamented the necessity of using cheap materials for the step, and grabbed a pot from the wreckage, and poured the dust inside it, to wait for the catalyst mixing process.

Beckoning her pets, she proceeded to stroke the back of their heads, and quietly asked for their full cooperation in the next endeavor. She waited for her mana to be restored, as the haste enchantment, she used during the crafting process, was taxing, even requiring a full moon charge twice, to ensure she made it in time. The need for swift action also ensured the chains wouldn't be as powerful, as their potential, but what she made certain of, was that they would hold for as long as the large mana supply needed was maintained. Roughly ten minutes at most, yet a lot could happen during that time. She reconfirmed her decision to bet on this, and began work on another artifact, leaving behind only a tibia, thigh bone, the skull and a couple of huge talons inside the bag, for later use.

“He who sows, rules the cycle of life, harvesting lives, and binding their plight in his fields. So shall be your role, to bind and return to stone the life that has been given, firmer than mountains, always true to your purpose, unrelenting in your pursuit, to constrain and bring order to even the strongest of foes, and named for this purpose, you will be known as Satre!”

The ritual once again had Joan expend a huge amount of mana, causing her to sweat, and veins to bulge slightly, elevating her heart rate, as her body was fighting the unnatural expenditure of energy. Hoping to delay the aftereffects, and finish the Simulacrum, by adding the enchantment to it, she called for Nana.

“Recall!”

“Hi, hi~”

“Do it.”

“Aye~!” Orientating herself around, Nana used blood transfusion onto the pot of metal, filling up the entire thing red. “I think I'll be anemic for a bit...”

“It's not your blood, right?” Joan asked, while drenching the chain inside the mix, and using it to stir.

“Of course it is. I took it, so it's mine!”

“Can't argue with that, I guess.” Mumbled Joan in response, while concentrating on the pot. The latter began glowing in a pale blue, refracting through the blood mix, as the blood-brass mix found its place in the channels of the engraving. Satre, gaining the power to weaken foes and move by itself, when powered up, arose from the pot, surrounded by subtle magenta light.

“Take this, and fly quickly, I'll follow right behind.”

Nana nodded, slightly nervious for once, going outside to chase the Phoenix down with her chain. Behind her, Joan secretly peeked into the contents of her bag, smiling slightly.

@Fossil, @leegood, @Naraku, @Haxagen, @TiggerBane

MaliMi, Haxagen, leegood and 3 others like this.
  19. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Quest:Stop the Rampage!
    Character: Cadmium
    "Bahhh No one bothers to help me and they all continue avoiding tackling the phoenix head on I guess somebody had better try and subdue it now that it has a broken wing and can't fly as well as it could before." Cadmium is quite mad thinking about how it still has it's nest up and running after this time.

Cadmium leaves the nest and stealthily heads towards the phoenix via running through buildings to get to the area where the phoenix made a crater with the body of the now disappeared resentment phoenix. Reaching near the phoenix Cad climbs up on top of the tallest building in it's vicinity a cathedral and waits for a chance to jump onto the phoenix from it.

The phoenix nears the building and Cadmium jumps on top of the phoenix from the cathedral crashing into it's other wing and damaging it and then climbing up towards it's neck rapidly as soon as he has landed. This sends the phoenix into the floor because of all the damages that it has sustained now to it's flight capabilities. The phoenix crashes through into the cathedral and becomes disoriented

From it's neck Cad notices Nana with a chain that looks like it can hold the phoenix and grabs onto it's neck and jumps down to the ground forcing it's head to smash into the floor again further stunning. (30-40 seconds)

20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Nadia squinted her eyes to look out of the darkness. Something seemed to be happening in the centre of the city, and the phoenix had been rendered immobile. She didn't know the exact reason, but it was good enough a chance as any.

"Charging in almost complete. Borrowing power from the Solar Cell."

Bakuya glowed in her hand, a searing shade of reddish-white that resembled a supernova. A beam of light arched out, and struck the floating prism a few metres away, causing it to slowly glow reddish white too. As the process repeated, the prisms around the city fringes had all begun to turn bright red, a sign of a big attack incoming. Despite that, however, their small size and relative distance to the ground hid the deceptive glow...