Magic Association Magic Association - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] Sneaking and Scouting :

Continuously using Physical Enhancement to get healed quicker than usual, he passed through crumbled buildings that were already destroyed before he approached this zone.
    Gulping as the mana that wasn't his was being devoured, he crawled and suddenly, the wall of the building he entered to seemed to have been slammed, he wondered a few seconds before simply giving up on investigating, he heard a few words before keeping on going toward the North.
    So someone was injured ? He shouldn't stay, he would be another burden and won't even be able to help, that was what he thought as he continued to walk with difficulty, constantly, he was leaving a trace of blood on the ground. Fortunately for him, the monsters he crossed the way with weren't really affected by this fact and the blood seemed to flow less and less, was it because he was slowly healing or he was lacking blood ?
    "She... seems... f...ine..."

It looked like she was now better, he sighed in relief and sneakily avoided the party fighting that was there. They were fighting a golem, that was a bit too much for him, a weasel was enough. That's true, this voice said to destroy the source, it will probably be harder than the weasel, but all, he has to do is to scout the place.
    Then, he can help to make people get there.

After noticing that there was more and more monsters, and that the corruption was denser and denser, instead of passing through the buildings, he passed on them and tried to find a place to observe the region, there was more exposure, but it will be easier to run away in this case, simply, he was going to try finding the equilibrium between exposition and height.
    It was a shame, he couldn't see the source of the corruption because of all of this fog which was worsening his wounds.
    "...haaa..." He could only sigh and look around for now, the bow in hand, the hood on his head, from there, he could see the road he passed by, despite the fact that the sky darkened because of the rain, that his glasses were half broken, he could see. Internally, he chuckled as he lied down on the ground, he still had his bow, for now, he decided to only look around.
    Later, after resting a bit, he will go away but for now, from here, he could notice one thing.
    Right, between North-East, there was more and more monster, but then, more you approached the North,, less monster there were.

"G...ood... news..." It will be easier to sneak in, then, as he felt the pain of the poison circling in his veins, the wounds seeming reluctant to close, the cells actively generating blood, the burns slowly disappearing, the bones, unfortunately, still cracked or broken, he didn't know. As he bit his lips, the white in his eyes was more and more away, to let place to fines red lines around his pupils.
    The man in cloak didn't appear, but he knew that he was fueled by its mana, he didn't know how but he didn't care, it was what was keeping him alive.

Of course, during this time, he will observe some people and the surroundings.

@MaliMi @AliceShiki @leegood

OOC: In fact, Umbrum passed near but simply didn't saw intervene, he literally passed by the fight and avoided troubles, he is just somewhere, nearer to the North, observing the situation. Just tell me, if there is something wrong, I will edit.

2. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] - Slay the Sewer Monsters
    'That disrespectful maiden! How dare she! Calling me a Crazy Monster Man! Once this is over I will make sure to pickle her in poison and feed her to Shoggy! Weakness you say? Weakness my arse!'

Knowing that anger will not solve anything and seeing that the young miss was getting to the threshold of usefulness and there might still be a tiny hope in her, the Mahjarrat suppressed his wrath with great effort and smiled. At the very least, he tried to.

"Well, the last time I was awake, one would normally insert a Shem in their forehead and they would than cease their actions."

*Stare!* The Mahjarrat felt two piercing glares land on his body.

He glanced back and tilted his head not knowing what the two silly humans were thinking about and so he simply ignored them and looked towards the golem's head only to find out...

That there was no freaking hole! However, the Mahjarrat was not dismayed! He was excited instead!

'Oh! So it is the generation R-10 type golem with automatic forehead doors! This is a valuable material! Now, where is the Shem thingy... Never mind, I will make one myself.'

Soremad fished out a lesser elemental core from his travel bag and started to infuse his magic power into it.

'Let's see. The magic power trace on the golem is like this. Let me code for a bit!'

In the meantime, the battle between Shoggy and Golem was still underway. The Golem was stronger and even though it was currently locked on the ground, Shoggy could not overpower it. The only thing the demonic servant could do was to continue the status quo.

The Mahjarrat smiled gleefully at the thought of owning his own golem and after a short while he threw the hack-Shem towards Shoggy. The demonic servant caught it with one of its tentacles and with great momentum slammed it into the golem's forehead.

*Crack!*

Hearing the lesser elemental core being shattered, the Mahjarrat turned towards the two misses with a poker face: "It seems that there is no hole in its forehead!"

*Stare!*

*Stare!*

*Stare!*

"What? At least I had an idea! You!" He pointed at Aria. "You could have also launched a smaller fireball at the place three inches below its neck where all of the magic power concentrates before being released to its whole body! Do not tell me you did not see such an obvious spot!"
    @AliceShiki @leegood @Naraku
    OoC: Now we only need the finisher, I guess.

Quaesitor, leegood, Ddraig and 3 others like this.
  3. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'll be taking a around four hundred, if you have them, Cad. Recall!" (Joan)

"Caw?" A bunch of ravens asked one after the other, while gulping down something.

"Scout around for anybody near the giant over there, it's urgent." (Joan)

"Caw!" The ravens hurriedly flew off.

[North-East Zone] Looking For A Third Person. (Joan/Nana)

Speeding across the rooftops, Joan was constantly keeping an eye on Caies. Meanwhile Nana had found somebody nearby. She recalled herself at the raven on Joan’s shoulder, and reformed nearby.

“There’s this shady guy you once told me about two blocks to the east.” (Nana)

“Umbrum?” (Joan)

Nana tilted her head.

“Nevermind, I’ll check it out. Thanks, Nana!” (Joan)

“Yay! I’m going now.” (Nana)

Joan grabbed Nana by the scruff of her neck, while moving in the aformentioned direction direction.

“You’re staying around, until we reach the golem.” Joan ordered, just as the ravens were about to disperse.

“Don’t wanna!” (Nana)

“Just wait a bit to see if there’s anybody in need of healing, at least!” (Joan)

At this point the catgirl appeared behind the shadow mage, patting him on the back.

“Fancy meeting you here! Oh, man what a mess you are! Nana!” (Joan)

“On it! Then I go~” (Nana)

A couple of lizardmen became victim to raven claws, and their blood disappered into the air, flowing as renewed life-force into Umbrum.

“We need to contact, Cad. It’s time to take on the big one.”

@Naraku @TiggerBane

4. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    "Okay here you go have 400. This means I have 500 bullets left for now."

"You do that I am off to find a big snake to smash into the golem for now contact me when you are ready I will bring the biggest snake I can in that period of time."

Dammit all I could find was this 10 meter long snake so I guess I will have to use this to wrap up the Golem unless I or somebody else find a bigger one later on. Dammit I found a bigger one earlier but now I can't even find that one the snakes must be afraid of me or occupied elsewhere for some unknown reason ohh well nothing I can do about that.

Ohh I wonder what that bird wants with me but I hope it's nana and not any other random crow in the area so that it leads me to Joan she must have found someone in the area.

Quaesitor, BB_Tensei and MaliMi like this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] Ha...

"Indeed... I am a mess..." Umbrum said just before he felt the life force entering in his body, it was somehow healing him. At the same moment, the mana provided by the cloaked man suddenly disappeared... as expected, he only have because he was on the verge of death.

"Oh... Nana ? Thank you... I feel like I am not going to die anymore~"
    His voice suddenly seemed cheerful, the changement was too brutal, anyway, he felt his wounds finally closing, and his blood regeneration unexpectedly felt slower, however, since he wasn't losing blood, he was quickly recovering.
    "Hm... still cracked..." muttered Umbrum as his bones weren't completely recovered, he would have preferred to have his glasses repaired also but that's just how it is.
    "Geez, no use keeping them." He put them into his pockets.
    "Anyway, Joan, it's been a while... I kinda came here on a whim... I thought about destroying the source of what was uhm... worsening my wounds...? So that big thing... so I wanted to act as a scout somehow... anyway... how are you~?" As he said this, he looked around, always keeping an eye on the surroundings.
    Hmm.. from afar, Umbrum could see a weird person, and at the opposite, he noticed a huge snake of around 50 feet tall. Seeing this, he clicked his tongue.

"Damn, why is there so many huge monsters now~? If we approach the thing in the middle of the smoke which is probably corruption, there shouldn't be much monsters... on the way, there is some snake, one is around 50 feet but we can easily avoid it, so it should be alright."
    Honestly, he didn't want to exhaust more of his strength he already had, then he touched his legs and muttered to himself.
    "...look like I will still need crutches... haaa... oh well, it will get better later..."

@TiggerBane @BB_Tensei

MaliMi, Quaesitor and BB_Tensei like this.
  6. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] Requiem For A Golem 1

Joan was puzzled for a bit, while processing what Umbrum was trying to say. He was always strange, though, and she was getting used to it.

"Unexpectedly you are quite tenacious. Are you low on mana? You should get close to the girls" Joan pointed at the two floating miniature women behind her. They were staring at the shadow mage, unblinking. "Once you do that, your mana would be restored, as well. We need to stop that golem, and your abilities will be extremely useful."

Joan followed his gaze, and noticed Cadmium in the distance with a giant snake in tow. "Oh, him? He's coming along. That snake's probably one of his. Can you walk, anyway?"

@Naraku @TiggerBane

7. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] Requiem For A Golem 1-part 2
    "Hello Joan and person whom I saw up on the walls of the guard barracks just give me a second to get ready fully before we head off to attack it." Cadmium shrugs off his cloak and stores it inside of his badge and does a few light stretches to warm up his muscles before some strenuous exercise.
    "What are you abilities so that I know what you can do before the fight whilst I try and lock down it's movements physically as well as mentally if it has that ability. And make sure that I don't have to also try and destroy a large portion of it." Haa I wonder if there will be a bigger snake closer as this snake doesn't even reach to the top of it's legs.

@Naraku @BB_Tensei

MaliMi, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Low on mana is little, I am completely drained out... thank you." As he sat next to the two floating women, he continued to talk, replying to her questions.
    "I can. I can also run, but I would have to force myself a little or use Physical Enhancement." At the same time, he took out his Mana Crystals, so each of them could be filled out. Two of them represented the same amount of mana he had.

"Hmm... well, I am quite weak I suppose ? I mean, I am not really offensive..." said Umbrum after a sigh, it didn't seem like he was really willing to fight.
    "Let's say that I can make thing disappears, as long as it's not too big... hmm... with all of my mana, I can make myself completely disappear, and currently I am still recovering... otherwise, I can make some illusions, it's not guarantee that it's work, and they need to be quite small as only the enemy will be able to see it." Umbrum continued to think as he didn't know what else he could do ? Likely, it was nothing.
    "...not much. I can also be an archer, but, it's a golem... so it's useless except for distractions maybe."

Honestly, Umbrum remembered that this person was the unreasonable guy from the guards' barrack, but he was too exhausted to deal with that memory and have an useless and annoying reaction.

@BB_Tensei @TiggerBane

MaliMi, Quaesitor and TiggerBane like this.
  9. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] Requiem For A Golem 1 - Planning

Joan decided to take the initiative.

"Ok, I got a better idea. Cadmium, you run interference, and distract the golem. I'll help you out with fireball shots. While this is going on, Umbrum is to sneak in near enough to cast his shadow magic on the golem's feet, so we stop his movement. Cad, you should then seal him up with that snake. Afterwards we just grind him up with whatever spells we can muster. Umbrum, after making the feet disappear you can help out, by making sure to pull any of us out, should we be too heavily wounded." The catgirl explained her plan. It wasn't fullproof, but that was to be expected in such a hurry.

"These golems are rather sturdy. If I had my handcannon with me, we'd be able to take it out with a few shots, but there is no time for that. I can see it moving toward us." She pointed at Caies lumbering slowly in the distance. "If you are ready and in agreement, let's move out, before we find ourselves surrounded by trampled down rubble."

10. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [North-East Zone] Requiem For A Golem 1 - Action starts.
    "This is acceptable to me I will drop this 4 streets from where I engage the Golem and try and hold it there for as long as I possibly can don't expect too much though as I have never fought one of these bad boys before. However I expect that any magical ability you would generally use on it you would have to double."
    Cadmium proceeds to run in the general direction of the snake at a rapid pace preparing to crash into one of it's legs and thereby interfere with it's walking process and if all goes a bit too far to knock over the golem. Cadmium then runs full tilt at the golem after putting down the dead snake damaging the golems exterior legs and making it slightly stumble.
    @Naraku @BB_Tensei

MaliMi, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  11. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [North Zone] - Start.

"Alright, I will begin." Using Edax Umbra on his dagger and bow so they can be easier to carry since they will be smaller, he didn't need any weapon to that. Only one thing, his body.
    Contrary to Cadmium, Umbrum wasn't really that fast, of course, that's a problem that could be solved with Physical Enhancement, but honestly, he didn't want to use his mana on it.
    Hood on and sneaking, he noticed that there was two monster at the back of the golem, what a shame.
    One was dying and the other... was a snake... however, it wasn't one controlled by Cadmium... he couldn't help but internally complain about this.

"Hmmmm... worth the risk."
    Umbrum simply ran toward it, and unexpectedly, used Physical Enhancement on one of his legs, to simply give him a good leap, before the snake could bite his body, he touched the golem leg who...
    "Thy shall disappear, <Edax Umbra>" And the left leg of the golem disappeared as Umbrum immediately received a hit that send him flying, passing under the golem before landing somewhere.
    Fortunately, he didn't die and wasn't even poisoned... however.. once again, his wounds will be worsened and he will continue bleeding with even broken bones who finally broke at the impact.

@BB_Tensei @TiggerBane

12. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    [North Zone] Requiem For A Golem 2

Caies, suddenly missing a leg, cound't maintain balance and crashed into the nearby buildings, rasing a large cloud of dust and debris. Joan was observing the scene from a nearby rooftop, with her weapons prepared to shoot as soon as the target was visible. Within the dust a shadow rose, stretching out a hand to the surroundings, smashing blindly at buildings. It gave a disturbing cry, and smashed even harder with a fist, pulverizing a three story inn that was rather near to where Umbrum disappeared to.

The catgirl jumped from rooftop to rooftop, getting closer to the golem, and unleashed a series of 19 consecutive ripper shots, causing 1 meter slash-like craters across the surface of its huge arms. Joan had its full attention now, and ran sideways, reloading.

"Cad! Tie him up! Quickly!"

@Naraku @TiggerBane

13. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [North Zone] Requiem For A Golem 2 part 2
    "Ohh there is a snake behind the golem as well and it just happens to be the size that I was looking for what a joyous occasion." Cadmium proceeds to blow the snake away in one punch and wrap up it's arms so that it can't move them go and grab the smaller snake and restrict the movement of the legs whilst it was on the floor and proceed to use it's head lower regions as a bouncy castle.

"You can proceed to fire when ready Joan and good work guy whose name I still don't know but was really helpful in this situation." Cad uses the leg as a bouncy castle creating a 1 meter square crack upon the area that he was jumping inside at all times and slowly tightening the snake up to keep the pressure on the limbs even if a break does occur in some area.

MaliMi and Quaesitor like this.
  14. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    [North Zone] Requiem For A Golem 2 part 3

Joan jumped in front of the tied up, legless golem, extending her arm to its head. Activating her overcharge ability, she asked her pets for additional mana. The two floating girls began to sing a magical aria, with the light attribute effect of countering unholy influences. Thus began a process of space-time drilling. the first charge managed to drill through the head of the golem, creating a tunnel. The second overcharge was provided to a bullet, that drilled through yet more. The third reached the center of the chest, whereupon 6 shots of oversized fireballs exploded within the tunnel inside the unfortunate construct. At this point perhaps even Belgardian shaman arts wouldn't be able to do much, Joan thought, while grabbing the pets and quickly jumping sideways, away from the blazing blastwave.

@Naraku @TiggerBane @The Everdistant Utopia

15. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    [North Zone.] Waiting for the End.

Suddenly spitting out a mouthful of blood, Umbrum struggled to stand up and canceled Edax Umbra which was activated on his bow and dagger, the bow went on his back while the dagger was put in the inside pocket. As he thought about what happened, he stood up and watched the golem.
    His face was pale once again and seemed bloodless, once again, this substance in the air was worsening his wounds, though, something that was positive in his opinion was that it was worsening but slower, that is already enough to him.
    "Thy boy shall be reinforced, <Physical Enhancement>." He remembered what the cloaked man said to him, to survive longer, so he applied it here and decided to observe as he thought he should get some glasses, hmm... since he was a receptionist, maybe he should supervise both Cadmium and Joan ? Well, why not, he will just observe for now, staring at the golem.

His bones may be broken, he may moan in pain but he won't for now, he will when he will be sure that there is nobody around him, he could feel the blood flowing out his body along with poison, again. And soon, since he is using Physical Enhancement continuously to produce blood more quickly, to survive longer, he will also be drained out of mana.

"Eh, I was quite suicidal during this attack~" he couldn't help but comment on his actions which were... overly dangerous for someone as weak as him, at least, that's what he thought.

@BB_Tensei @TiggerBane

OOC: Just a last thing~

16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    [North zone] - left over stuff and what the dickens they were doing (dying basically)

The majority of the water spirits summoned by the event have died however there remains 1 Giant water spirit emperor? 4 water spirit snakes, 8 water spirit rats, 4 water spirit mudscales of each type, 4 water spirit spiders, 4 water spirits lizards. The remainder died in fires and similar occurences keeping blazes under control by sacrificing themselves or where killed off by remaining lesser sewer elementals or larger creatures. However they did collect: 100 rats, 50 lizards, 10 spiders, 150 mudscales in total, 30 lizard-men, 15 Titanic snakes. 75 snakes and 40 lesser sewer elementals and 15 golems of all shapes and types. They proceeded to bring them to just outside the area that the boss was in in a big pile after they got their kills and proceeded to die mainly in cleaning up fires for some reason that were still running despite the mild/heavy rains in parts of the city. Meaning that Cadmium had to only deal with these small amounts of resources majorly handing them over to the association to be correctly disposed of.

Yvrainne proceeded to find the lizard-man that she was looking for and have lots of fun with him he was much more enjoyable to play with then a mudscale however the rest of them dissapeared before she could find a second and she never met Frazzle or the rest of the missing people the entire rest of the time that she was in the [North zone] for some reason or another probably because they had left such a dangerous area.

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    [East Zone] - Slay the Sewer Invaders

The Crazy Old Man started to randomly babble about... Something, I wasn't sure on what though, he seemed too immersed on it though!

Then he made a weird thing, and hit the golem's head with something and looked at us with a teehee face... Don't go making a teehee face! It's disgusting on you!!!

"You could have also launched a smaller fireball at the place three inches below its neck where all of the magic power concentrates before being released to its whole body! Do not tell me you did not see such an obvious spot!" He shouted.

... How in the world does he expect me to sense the mana concentration of gigantic golem in the middle of a fight!? Wait, what fight!? I was running for my dear life!!!!!

"Got it!!!" I just shouted and flew towards the golem... Uhn... Mana concentration, 3 inches below the neck uhn...
    How does he expect me to count inches when the golem doesn't stop struggling!? I can't feel anything related to the golem's Mana either!!! >.<

Ah! Whatever!!! I just need to throw a fireball below the neck, right!?

I got somewhat above the neck of the fallen golem and made a fireball array-
    ... That was promptly erased by the heavy rain.

I changed my positioning to have my back to the rain and made another-
    And the wind direction changed!!! Why in Lucky's name did it change so abruptly!? The rain erased my array again!

I changed positions one more time and-
    *sneezes*
    ... I messed up on the array...

On the 4th one!!! "Out of the way!!!"

I threw a big fireball at its neck!!! Boom!!!

... Hopefully the monstruous monster thing got out of the way before the fireball hit.

Ah... I'm really running out of Mana. *sneezes* And I'm pretty sure I'm catching a cold and I'm tired... Haa...

At least the golem is dead, right...?

18. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    ____ Caies POV ____​

Gaaaaaaaah! It burns! It hurts!

Those explosions… Damn…. Damn…. How annoying!

Why those annoying creatures keep pestering me! I need to find a way out of here… This body is mostly destroyed, but I think I can somehow escape if I dissociated with it!

“Aw, what a shame… The poor thing is already in tatters.”

Huh? Who?!

“What did you expected, Chairwoman… It was quite a big explosion.”

“I know that! But my old bones aren’t what they used to be, so walking until here just to find Caies as a wreckage pains me on a spiritual and maybe, just maybe physical level on my left knee.”

Who are those? Are they those annoying creatures? How careless of them, to approach me… Very well, I’ll be taking your body for me!

“Oh, my. It’s still alive….. Well, it won’t be for much, I guess… The damage was way much than it can hope to repair.”

What the… What’s this annoying hag even saying!?

“Well, I came to retrieve Caies, but I guess you’ll be an extra. Greater Magic Seal. Caies, Deactivate.”

W-What’s this… What’s this?! My body is shrinking! What the… How annoying! You damn annoying things! Damn you! Curse you!

____ Third Person POV ____​

The gigantic body of the golem shrunk until all that was left was a small doll and a large marble by its side. An aged woman dressed in a strange squirrel pajama picked up both and frowned.

“So many damage...”

“Chairwoman… You could have just killed that thing on the spot.” Sorgre said while still carrying Hildr.

“What are you saying!” She turned with a serious face. “If we kill it, we can’t loot it!”

“Let’s just go back...” Sighing, Sorgre started to head back while Hildr, who was silent until now, commented. “But is quite impressive… That massive golem was reduced his size by a hundred times…”

“Ah, that’s a function I myself added for practicity purposes.

Anyway, let’s head back… I can already feel some pain in my joints...”

Caies was Defeated!
    There are still mutant monsters roaming the city, so there still cleaning to do!
    The Event will end in 4 hours give or take!
    Have fun writing your last posts in the Event!

19. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    The Sewer Event has Ended

Thanks to all of you for participating. This event was quite sudden, since I didn't expected to have one so soon, but things escalated pretty quickly. You could say it was a pleasant surprise, though. Just like this whole game! I didn't expected it to grow as much as it did, so I'm pretty happy.
    The event... I don't know what to say of it. It was overall nice to me, at least. Seeing the weird combination of the parties that participated of it was nice~
    Anyway, I'm not good with words, so I guess I'll end here.
    The Event Rewards, Aftermath and new tasks will be available soon, I hope!
    Once again, thanks for participating in the event.

Exitiumm, TiggerBane, Kysil and 10 others like this.
  20. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Several Days Prior

Two people were trudging across a large plain, covered in frost and snow. Both of them were covered from top to bottom with thick furs, and both had a hood formed out of a bear's pelt. From the weapons they carried, and the way they moved, it was plenty evident that the duo were both hunters.

"The chief was right...This place is unnatural."
    "You can say that again. No matter how you look at this, it isn't a regular snowstorm."

Having lived in the area for such a long time, it was easy for them to figure out when things out of the ordinary happened. The snowstorm that was blanketing the area far exceeded any past snowstorms in both duration and intensity. In fact, despite their thick clothing, both were still feeling the chill of the ice.

The biggest problem, however, was the timing. True, they were up North, but no matter how one looked at it, it was supposed to be the middle of the summer. Where had all the ice and snow came from, if that's the case?

"We should be reaching the point soon."
    "Yes, I hope they have supplies. Our own supplies are running quite low, after all."

Besides hunting, these two were taking part in a recon mission. A village that was nearby suddenly cut communications, so they were there to check it out. In most cases, travelling to and from their own village and this would have taken little over two days, but the sudden storm made the journey much longer.

"Finally, we've reac---Huh?"

They've been to the other village plenty of times before, but this was the first time that the village gave off an aura of...lifelessness. It was frozen over just like their own, and buildings were still standing perfectly well, but a sudden chill tingled the spines of both, and it had nothing to do with the cold.

"Hey! Is anyone there? If there is, please answer!"

Unable to tolerate the pressure, one of them called out. A stupid move, as it were, because something did answer. The mass of snow piled up in the centre being shifting, and abruptly cracked. A single blue-coloured wing extended out of the pile, before the owner broke out of the snow, and showed itself.

"CAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One Day Earlier

"Achoo~!"
    "And you've caught a cold, just like how I predicted...Haah...How many times do I have to tell you not to run around barefoot?"
    "Sorry, Mama~"

Two people were in a cavern. And surprisingly enough, the cavern had been modified to the point where it looked like an ordinary human settlement. There was even furniture made out of carved wood placed around neatly, and the entrance to the cavern had a wooden door affixed over to it. A fire roared away in the centre of the room.

In a corner, there was a pile of pelts and blankets, and both were buried underneath it. The older one was taking care of the younger one.

"Seriously, you may be a Spirit, but that doesn't mean you are immune to illnesses. No more running around barefoot, okay, Nimue?"
    "Umu~"

The younger one hugged the older one, despite the latter's efforts to avoid her.

"Still, this weather is abnormal. Even if I've been away from the city for a while, I don't think it snows in the summer...I wonder how the city is doing?"

Failing to get Nimue off her, Nadia could only sigh as she rose, making her way to the fire to throw more fuel into it. She then examined two shelves stacked neatly in the corner. One contained food, while the other contained herbs.

"That's enough for a while, but if this weather continues on, no amount would be enough t---Hmm?"
    "Eh?"

Being half a Spirit herself, both of them detected something at the same time. Something was making it's way over to the city, at very high speeds, too. At that rate, it would fly past the mountain in a few minutes, before arriving in the city where the Association was located.

That could not be allowed to happen. She know instinctively that the cause of the weird weather was the entity that was approaching at high speeds, and if it suddenly appeared, the city would be damaged greatly.

"Thank god I left a bit of a warning system back at the receptionist counter."

As she was speaking, Nadia had donned a full suit of fur armour, and she grabbed a staff that was lying beside her. A staff that glowed in the colours of a rainbow.

"Nimue, hold the fort and do not come out no matter what. I'm going to the city."

At the same time, the icy orb that she had left on the receptionist desk of the Association cracked, and a siren echoed through the large building. A warning that something large was on it's way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event: Corrupted Ice Phoenix Lord Raid
    Description: The sudden attack has resulted in the Phoenix gaining the upper hand, allowing it to surround the whole of the city in a layer of snow. The battlefield is now a snowy landscape. The city is split into North, South, East, West, and Central Zones.

Development Info:
    • Magic Association's Emergency Measures have been activated, a hidden function in the Association Badge has been temporarily unlocked. You can now communicate with the headquarters through your Association Badge;
    • The first task will send you into a specific Zone, a player who is in the same zone as another can interact with him. In others words, player in the south zone can't interact with the players in the north of west zone. Be clear in where your character is situated to avoid confusion;
    • Only another task can make you change zone, more precisely, after reporting your first task which was in Zone X, you can't change Zone until you take another task;
      • You may only take up to two tasks at a time. Make clear which tasks you're going for in your post;
    • The task shall be posted on the Event Hall;
    • Each task's part should range between 100-1000 words, if not finished or even finished;
    • General rules for Ranks in tasks are applied. You can take a task of your rank or one above, but additionally can take a task of two ranks above if in a group of four or more;
    • The Event will take 3 days, but can be extended if the Staff so judges necessary;
    • Further information will be given by the staff as the Event progress.
    Rewards Info:
    • Each task will give points, which will be given accordingly to the performance at the tasks. Rank Points are only counted once in the completed tasks;
    • The max number of points that can be earned are 500, which are divided between the tasks in the following way:
      • If you completed all five tasks, then each can give you up to 100 points, to a total of 500;
      • If you completed four tasks, then each can give you up to 100 points, to a total of 400;
      • If you completed three tasks or less, then the max number you can achieve is 300, divided among the tasks.
    • To every 50 points, the rewards of the event will increase 20 Merits and 40 Event Points;
    • Event Points will be used to buy event exclusive items;
    • To every 100 points, you’ll receive a special reward;
    Tasks (Phase 1)
    Development Info:
    The Phoenix has just arrived, but it hasn't landed yet. Instead, it has sent out many of it's minions as part of the first wave. Therefore, in this Phase, there are only two tasks.

Evacuate the Citizens (Rank E, Special Task)
    Description: The only silver lining in this cloud is that Ice and Snow are the least destructive to buildings, compared to stuff like Fire. The Association Building is big, and has lots of underground shelters, so bring the citizens there first. After all, nobody wants to fight a Raid Boss while having to defend powerless NPCs, right?

Fight Off the First Wave (Ranks A-E, Special Task)

Description: The Phoenix sent down it's own minions to attack, and only by defeating this wave can you get it to personally appear. Monsters that Might be encountered depends on the character's own rank. For safety purposes, you are allowed to fight creatures that are at most ONE Rank above your own.

E-Rank: Eagles, Hawks, Falcons, Raptors, etc. Everyday birds, non-magical, but in large numbers.
    D-Rank: Icy Bird Constructs. Birds created from Ice Magic, magical, deals frost damage.
    C-Rank: Thunderbird. A bird that specializes in Thunder Magic.
    B-Rank: Griffin. A hybrid of a bird and a lion that specializes in speed.
    A-Rank: Lesser Ice Phoenix. A mythical creature that is only inferior to the Ice Phoenix Lord.

Auram, Naraku, Razogul and 10 others like this.