Magic Association Magic Association - Meeting Area

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Jan 15, 2018.

1. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Eh? I saw the report with the tons of gold, but I guess I missed the rest. Must have been a troll.

On a side topic, I've been wondering if we need to invent a few board games for our characters to play. :D I have an idea I was going to use for a live action game, but never got around to making it irl. It has a board similar to a circular Nine Men's Morris, though it plays rather differently. I guess a new version that simulates warfare in a labyrinth would be interestng, hmm... }}

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Yes, I think it is a good idea!))
    ((You could just release it as a forum game that is not associated with any of the big games I guess? Maybe? Both ways would probably work though...))

3. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I'll be making it now~))

AliceShiki and Exitiumm like this.
  4. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Nah, what I'm aiming for is the fantasy culture aspect of the RP. I like to do elaborate work on small details, whenever it's interesting. It makes the world richer and more fulfilling to play in. :Д }}

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Ooooh, this actually reminded me of a Youtube Video I saw once, it was called "World of Workcraft", it was more or less like this:

Group of Adventurers on a tavern complaining (things like "I swear to the gods, if I have to kill just one more Dragon, I quit!")
    Someone says, "Hey, wanna play a match of World of Workcraft?"
    They complain about lacking enough characters for a raid.
    Someone suggests (forgot the name of the guy) Bob
    People raise complaints about how he'll ruin the raid because he is a noob, but invite him anyway because they lack members
    They log into the game, which is basically a simulation of people working IRL and needing to deliver projects before a deadlines and this kind of stuff
    Rest of the video is them panicking over the approaching deadline and all that, until they actually clear the raid.

... Essentially, it's an inversion, like how we have fun with an adventure and killing monster and this kind of stuff, but it would've been pretty hellish for anyone on this kind of situation.

And on this same vibe, what we consider boring and tiring, would be thrilling and exciting for them.

I think it was an interesting idea, I know this isn't the sort of thing you were planning, but it's nice to have fantasy characters playing a game instead of RL people playing a game, as it changes how they immerse themselves on it.))

6. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Well, this is the goal, really. It's just that it would be a good idea to have something with actual rules and a known shape, otherwise you can easily have two characters playing two entirely different games with each other. :D Also game rules and pieces can be referred to IC as alegories, jokes, etc. I've had a long time problem with roleplaying, that it required me to use proverbial crutches to interact with others, since I couldn't really get into my character, and as a result I pay extra attention to doodads in an RP. }}

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Oooooh, I totally understand the problem of not being able to get into your character properly, my first RP in which I was able to genuinely go IC was AG actually.

I dunno what doodads are, but I agree that having a good set of rules is important, so as to make sure people are playing the same game.))

8. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Alf hug Elae.

9. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Just an idea for another use for the main hall, you could use it for nominations quests like what you occasionally find in novels.

10. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Elae gets surprised by the sudden hug, but hugs back.
    ((As in, quests directed to a person? Well, that's more or less how Rank Ups works, as we create the quests specially for the players~))

11. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Yeah, something like that. However it could also be used to target multiple people at the same time, so you could put together a really strange group of people.

12. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    ( o.o)
    ((Let me see what I can come up with.))

13. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the beginnings of a board game.
    Based after a popular legend back in the old era, where there was a massive civil uprising in [XXX] country. Historians have argued over how, if decisions very made differently back then, the outcome of the war might not have been so different. Therefore, an aspiring merchant, with broad connections, managed to create a spin-off of that tale, resulting in this game. Alas, that merchant would later face bankruptcy and be forced to sell off all his possessions for money, where a certain squirrel lady would then buy it for 50 pieces of silver, and donate it to the Magic Association (such generosity!) for younger mages to play with.
    It's the spring of the year [YYY]. The Kingdom of [XXX] is ruled over by a Tyrant King, who utilized Monster Control to keep his kingdom in an iron grip. Harsh punishments were meted out, even for the smallest of mistakes. Finally, the straw bent, and a rebellion started, right on the outskirts of the kingdom, in on of the frontier villages, which was governed by a greedy Governor that had been oppressing the people with the monsters he was given to by the Tyrant King.
    • A single game board carved out of elder wood.
    • A Governor Piece
    • A Rebel Warrior Piece
    • A Rebel Archer Piece
    • A Rebel Mage Piece
    • A Traitor Guard Piece (For matches of more than 4 people)
    • An Astrologer Piece (For matches of more than 4 people)
    • A Minotaur Piece (For matches of more than 4 people)
    • Lesser Monster Pieces (Goblins, Kobolds, Insects)
    • Instruction Manual...Not Found.
    • A 9-sided attack dice.
    • A 9-sided defence dice.
    • A 9-sided ambush dice.
    • A 9-sided movement dice.
    You are the evil, the corruption, the root. You control the town at the beginning, but as the game goes on, and the rebels retake and wrestle control of the town away from your grip, your choices begin shrinking drastically. You have no fighting ability to speak of, since you have always led a life of indulgence and ease, but what you do have are monsters...and lots of them.
    Wins if you manage to wipe out the Rebel Trio, and the Traitor Guard (if present).
    You are the shield, the defender, the one that protects your allies, and prevents your enemies from rushing through. The epitome of a bullet sponge, you can soak up massive amounts of damage, but your attack power is slightly...underwhelming. However, in a party, you'll shine.
    Wins if you manage to wipe out the Governor, and the Minotaur (if present).
    You are the senses of the party, the keen, hawk-eyed archer. Nimble and agile, you can dodge most strikes with your reflexes, and your pinpoint accuracy gives you high physical attack power, but as a result, your defence and health pool suffers quite a bit. Oh well, better hope that there's a handy warrior around...
    You are the ultimate attacking power in your party, with your ability to cast magic and the like. Also, since magic isn't physical in nature, most enemies are completely defenceless against your attacks (With some exceptions). The drawback? You take a long time to cast magic, and therefore most monsters will be able to hit you before you torch them. Better hope someone is there to draw attacks away from you, because with that meagre health pool, you won't be lasting long.
    You were part of the Governor's team at first. Then the years of oppression, the monsters, and the general bullying of the populace of the Governor got to your conscience. You handed in your retirement notice, then left the city...Is what you made them believe. In actuality, you're still here, and nobody knows. The Governor doesn't know that a former close aide of his is lurking around the town, ready to mete out some vigilante justice. You hear of a rebellion in the town, and you have two choices; strength in numbers, or strike from the shadows.
    You were born into a happy family at first. Then, when your were 8, your tribe was wiped out, with you as the sole survivor. You were bound, by a slave contract, to obey the will of the Governor. You have no choice but to stay in his basement, feeding on raw chunks of other monsters, until he calls for you...Or do you.
    Wins if you manage to wipe out the Governor OR The Rebel Trio/Traitor Guard.
    You were born into nobility, and always had a knack for telling the weather. As you get older, your predictions became more and more accurate, until one day, your predictions have 100% accuracy. You can foretell whatever the next day's weather is, and that became your job.
    Fun Role, You get to decide whatever the weather changes to, which affects the combat in-game.
    Rebel Warrior (Close Range): Sword (Balanced), Axe (High Offensive Power, Slow), Shortsword (Low Offensive Power, Quick)
    Rebel Archer (Mid Range): Longbow (High Offensive Power, Slow), Shortbow (Low Offensive Power, Quick), Crossbow (Balanced)
    Rebel Mage (Long Range): Staff (High Offensive Power, Slow), Wand (Low Offensive Power, Quick), Tome (Balanced)
    Traitor Guard (Mid Range): Halberd (Very Long Reach, Very Slow), Bardiche (Long Reach, Slow)
    Minotaur (Mid Range): Massive Double Headed Axe (Mid Reach, Very High Offensive Power, Extremely Slow)
    How's this look @The Everdistant Utopia?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooc :This is awesome. As hard as it would be define all the rules for this, I would actually like it to be on nuf. Maybe we should even the usual monsters for governor

Exitiumm likes this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I'll write up the rules now.))

16. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: This kinda reminds of Town of Salem/Mafia, seems interesting, Governor seems a little weak though if there's only one person on the Tyrant team.

17. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I'd probably try this out at least once.

18. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    • The Minotaur has the most hitpoints, followed by the Rebel Warrior, The Traitor Guard, The Rebel Archer, The Rebel Mage, and The Governor.
    • Highest Physical Attacker is the Minotaur, followed by the Archer, the Guard, the Warrior, the Mage (Staff Attack) and then the Governor.
    • The Mage is the only one with Magical Attack, but charging a spell requires one extra turn.
    • The Governor start off the game by deciding on the spots where his monsters should be placed (5 units). Every two turns, he can call in one more unit. Calling in the Minotaur to any random space (if applicable) requires an extra turn. Every turn, he can order the monsters to change positions, but changing positions will take one turn duration.
    • The Minotaur is essentially free to roam the map. If the Governor decides to Call in the Minotaur, The Minotaur can either reject or obey (See Below: Attack and Defence Dices)
    • Roll the Movement Dice. Advance according to the number shown.
    • The spot moved to, undergoes these changes. 1) The first piece to get to the spot will have to deal with any defenders here. 2) If the spot was Empty, the first to arrive enters [Stealth].
    • One turn for each player.
    • On normal conditions, the Rebel Trio/Traitor Guard get first strike, followed by monsters.
    • In case of an Ambush, the [Stealthed] party attacks first.
    • Combat order goes: Fast, Balanced, Slow, Very Slow, Extremely Slow.
    • Reach determines how far away you can hit the target from. Attacks at Close Range are strongest, followed by Mid and then Long Range.
    • Weapons with High Offensive Power contribute to the Attack Multiplier.
    • Low Offensive Power: 75% of the inflicted damage.
    • Balanced: 100% inflicted damage.
    • High Offensive Power: 125% of the inflicted damage.
    • Very High Offensive Power: 150% of the inflicted damage.
    • Decides how many squares a piece moves.
    • In combat, the movement dice represents [Evasion]. If your piece is on the defending side, and the Movement Dice roll exceeds the Attack Dice roll, And the Ambush Dice is active, then you parry and counter the attack completely, returning 100% of the damage back to the attacker.
    • The number you roll decides the strength of your attack.
    • If the Attack Dice roll is higher than the value of the Defence Dice roll, the attack lands.
    • For the Governor, rolling the Attack Dice determines if the Minotaur responds to his call.
    • The number you roll is the amount of defence the piece gains.
    • If the Defence Dice roll is higher than the value of the Attack Dice roll, the attack is blocked.
    • If the Minotaur rolls a Defence value higher than the Governor's Attack value, he can ignore the Governor's call completely.
    • When a piece moves to either an occupied or unoccupied spot, and take control of it, for two turns after that, assuming they don't move from that spot, enters [Stealth]. If an opposing piece enters the same spot, the Ambush Dice comes into play. Think of it as an additional Attack Dice.
    • The Ambush Dice only works for the first Attack (I mean, the element of Surprise only lasts so long).
    • [Attack Value (plus Ambush Value if applicable) - Defence Value] x Attack Multiplier
    • Attack Value > Defence Value = Successful Strike
    • Defence Value > Attack Value = Blocked
    • The Traitor Guard moves to a random spot, holding the Halberd.
    • There was already a Monster there, an [Ambush] occurs. The Governor rolls the Ambush Dice and the Attack Dice together.
    • The player controlling the Traitor Guard rolls either the Movement Dice or the Defence Dice.
    • Ambush + Attack value > Movement Value/Defence Value = Strike
    • Vice versa, Movement/Defence Value > Ambush + Attack Value = Dodge/Block
    • Combat continues, until one side is wiped out.
    If anyone wants to help decide how much base Hp/Atk the pieces should start of with, by all means, go ahead.

19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooc : can we make the terrain randomize every game and the governor gets the priority to place his pieces(so that he gets advantage of position)

20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Here's the priority. The terrain can change too, and if anyone wants to be the Astrologer, they can decide the weather, which affects combat.))