Magic Association Magic Association - Meeting Area

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Hmm, perhaps this would work? Added a buff to Goblins so that they will allow for effective swarm tatics, also reduced Kobold turn count by 1.

Insect Horde/Swarm - 3 ATK 5 HP Fast SPD, is a strong hitter that has a lot of speed but is very easy to kill. ( Can be summoned every other turn )
    Goblins - 2 ATK 10 HP Balanced Speed, is a decently strong hitter that has decent speed with a decent amount of HP. ( Can be summoned every 3 Turns. And gains a buff of +15% ATK & HP multiplier when 2 goblins are in a 3x3 tile radius of eachother, this increases by 5% per goblin in that radius until maxing out at +35% to ATK and HP.)
    Kobolds - 3 ATK 15 HP Balanced Speed, is a strong hitter with a decent amount of speed and HP ( Can only be summoned every 4 Turns)

2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Give Insect Horde 1 ATK but attack increases by 1 for every insect horde on an adjacent square. Goblins are fine now an where fine before tho and percentage based increases in this low attack level kind of game are useless

3. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: The increase in HP is going to be crucial though, that could make a 2-shot goblin become a 3-shot, the ATK part is just so it isn't so bland, perhaps we could make a system where governors are able to choose a deck of monsters they wish to use? Like for example instead of Kobolds they could use 'Forest wolfs', would add a bit of strategy into the game, I may just be rambling about my ideas though due to being tired. Nerfed Insect Swarm, but added a horde buff.

Insect Horde/Swarm - 1 ATK 5 HP Fast SPD, is a strong hitter that has a lot of speed but is very easy to kill. ( Can be summoned every other turn, ATK increases by 1 for every other insect swarm on a adjacent square, caps at a maximum of 5 ATK.)
    Goblins - 2 ATK 10 HP Balanced Speed, is a decently strong hitter that has decent speed with a decent amount of HP. ( Can be summoned every 3 Turns. And gains a buff of +15% ATK & HP multiplier when 2 goblins are in a 3x3 tile radius of eachother, this increases by 5% per goblin in that radius until maxing out at +35% to ATK and HP.)
    Kobolds - 3 ATK 15 HP Balanced Speed, is a strong hitter with a decent amount of speed and HP ( Can only be summoned every 4 Turns)

4. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    This forces goblins to group and only buffs them by 4 Hp max and this amount then decreases each goblin killed also goblins have weaker attack than Kobolds and Insect Swarm would do more in larger groups so there is no point in the multiplier. Something like +7 total hp when 5 goblins are in 3x3 tile radius of each other this hp bonus doesn't dissapear until the goblins exit combat after the death of removal from area of one of the 5 goblins

5. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Hmm, potentially but it'd take a while to get 5 goblins at all after the first few rounds so it'd likely not be a viable strategy to go for that buff honestly.

6. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    More a stalling tactic to wait for minotaur in larger games I would say.

Exitiumm likes this.
  7. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Hmm, oh well might as well, this is afterall a framework and will need finetuning of these buffs, I'm gonna sleep in a min though, so night.

Insect Horde/Swarm - 1 ATK 5 HP Fast SPD, is a strong hitter that has a lot of speed but is very easy to kill. ( Can be summoned every other turn, ATK increases by 1 for every other insect swarm on a adjacent square, caps at a maximum of 5 ATK.)
    Goblins - 2 ATK 10 HP Balanced Speed, is a decently strong hitter that has decent speed with a decent amount of HP. ( Can be summoned every 3 Turns, +7 HP when 5 goblins are in a 3x3 radius around one, affects all goblins in the formation.)

8. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Night and sounds feasible hope others agree

9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds feasible provided the scattered weapons and buffs that I said to include are powerful enough. Also I think even Governor should have some buffs that buff the monsters.
    Also I like the deck idea tho it is gonna be painful to balance in a way that every monster is viable

10. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Can do things like poison for some or a group that is always counted as stealth-ed and we need ranged monster.

11. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as the monsters don't become straight up cancer, everything is fine

12. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    That gives me a great idea for a monster that is linked to genetic manipulation and slowly forces your body to expend energy needlessly until you die lets call it. Cancer.

Ddraig likes this.
  13. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Please move this to the Meeting Area!))
    ((Seems good~))

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    The sewers seem to be getting more dangerous each time someone cleans them. Also I wonder if the roof is fixed yet?

15. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    "It has..." A random staff informs.

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Night everyone

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Btw, here is a board for the board game, dunno how big you wanted it to be though... *shrugs*))

Code:
         A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H
       ╔═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╗
     8 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 8
       ╠═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╣
     7 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 7
     6 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 6
     5 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 5
     4 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 4
     3 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 3
     2 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 2
     1 ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║   ║ 1
       ╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╝
         A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H

18. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Assuming we go by a 4 player game wouldn't be like 31x31 board according to @Ddraig ? Then again my math may be entirely off, I was never great at math... 5 (Governor, Traitor, Rebel 3) would be 33x33, 6 (Governor, Traitor, Rebel 3, and Astrologer) is 35x35 board.

19. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup I think it is the proper size. Allows for moderate amount of turns, farming phase (collecting buffs/weapons), early skirmishes. If you think it is bigger we can always lower the size by reducing the value of the constant term

Additional trivia : The original random formula that I rote had complexity of n^2 and as such grew really fast which made me change to this formula of complexity n

Also I think we all agreed on a rule to reduce size of the game board by 1 on every side every two turns to force people to fight where the only place unaffected by reduction is the governor's base

Exitiumm likes this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: *doesn't understand anything to this talk*
    I can just be a tester and nothing else !