Spoiler Magical Device Craftsman Dahlia Won’t Hang Her Head Down Anymore

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by clair17, Nov 24, 2019.

1. clair17

clair17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Magical Device Craftsman Dahlia Won’t Hang Her Head Down Anymore
    [​IMG]
    Description

“I’m sorry, Dahlia. I want to break off our engagement.”

That was what Dahlia’s fiance said in front of her.

In Dahlia’s former life, she endured hard work, and she died from heart attack as she hung her head down.

In this new world, when she wanted to be a good wife and quietly hang her head down, her engagement was cancelled.

Dahlia swore she will stop hanging her head down.

Work hard, go where you want to go, eat what you want to eat, drink what you want to drink.

Live as I want to live as much as possible.

Such a Dahlia met a knight from the demon subjugation unit. Dahlia who liked magical tools and Wolf who liked magic swords.

Everyday they were involved in drinking and eating while passionately making magical devices and magic swords.

If it was for a convenient life, the magical devices craftswoman who wouldn’t hesitate no matter the difficulty was, and the fearless knight of the demon subjugation unit who single mindedly cut his way forward.

The two people who wanted to turn their back from love, will they one day fall in love?

----------------------------------------------

NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/magical-device-craftsman-dahlia-wont-hang-her-head-down-anymore/

Manga link:
    https://mangadex.org/title/36829/ma...ng-her-head-a-free-craftsman-life-from-now-on
    https://mangadex.org/title/36830/magic-artisan-dahliya-won-t-hang-her-head-dahliya-wilts-no-more

----------------------------------------------

I don't know if there is any spoiler thread for this novel yet if so please combine it or I will just delete this thread but I made one since I didn't find any spoiler for this novel ><

I welcome every kind of spoiler even the tiniest one for this novel cuz it seems interesting.

Zepelim, Mikaa, giseord and 1 other person like this.
  2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I remember: the guy she saves in the forest is a possible ML. The man is from a respected, middle-rank noble family, works as a powerful knight (acts as a vanguard), and he’s sweet as pie. One of my favorite acts is that he pretends to be super close to Dahlia and was waiting for a chance this whole time to get closer to her. In front of her shitty ex and new squeeze who was making her look bad in front of a crowd. I was trying to read what happens to them in the future but the Dao Of MTL is lost to me. I’ve been reading too many research papers.

3. giseord

giseord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this!!! We're can I find the raws??

4. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any punishment for that ex fiance and his new woman

TripleColor96 likes this.
  5. giseord

giseord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    based on status in ncode, it is still incomplete.

hmm...based on what I read, the two of them (Dariya and Tobias) doesn't have feelings for each other. If there is feeling, what they have is as a sibling. The father make them engaged to each other is to compliment them as magic artisan. Yeah, Tobias is a bit envious with how creative Dariya at making something, but he actually doesn't realize that his speciality lied at different thing.

Dariya is a creative type of magic artisan. It is good but she is lacking at some aspect (it can be said that she is a bit...i mean really reckless). Tobias is good at making finer detail, and he is careful. The father, I think is really protective at Dariya, he want her life in peaceful day. With how creative Dariya is, she can make many patented works, but with Tobias's background, he hopes it somehow can protect her.... Plus, dad hopes that Tobias can stop Dariya if what she is making can make her go into dangerous situation. If what you think that making a prototype of hairdryer become some flamethrower, there is actually a situation that make Dariya in more danger than that.
    it is a story that Dariya told to Wolf about black slime. At that time, the two of them want to make a prototype of some magic sword. Dariya decided to use a powder of black slime, the decision make Wolf go :blobfearful:. It is said that black slime characteristics is dangerous. Dariya told that in past she got her hand 'burn' when she try to using it. It make her father panicked and go to temple to heal her hand. When Wolf ask how much her father pay the temple, Dariya answered with a numbered that make Wolf go:blobfearful:.
    Dariya think that she just get 'burn', but hearing the cost, Wolf think that Dariya hand actually got melted until what left is her bone. Dariya doesn't know it as her dad wrap her 'hand' with some cloth

And about Tobias and Emilia(?)...
    Dariya actually doesn't really care about it, but the people around it care about her feeling. So, it is said that the Company from Tobias's family got into not good situation. But of course really really later Dariya decide to cooperate to Oswald(?) company for making some of her waterproof clothes (more to because Dariya magic power is unstable and it make her difficult to making the waterproof clothes)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  8. Bec.Wun

Bec.Wun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found myself translating this work (very rough) and I'm not sure if anyone would like to read it. If they would where and how to go about it.

lazynoodles likes this.
  9. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is being translated atm (not sure if that is you?) and pretty regularily at that.
    If the current translator is not you, the polite thing to do would be to get in touch with the current translator and maybe ask if you can work together. They can then probably also explain to you how to submit chapters to novelupdates etc. :D

Bec.Wun and lazynoodles like this.
  10. Bec.Wun

Bec.Wun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not the one, GraverobberTL & Yado Inn are two groups that are translating it. Thanks for the info.

CharLok likes this.
  11. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read a bit ahead in the raws dropped because I got reeeally tired of chapters of nothing happening and tons of descriptions on food, that date lasted forever just on the damn food.

Anyways, on the more important spoilers
    About Wolf (spoilers! Sorry I dunno how to make spoiler tag)

Wolf has some really unique magical eyes that apparently charm woman and he’s had a really fucking tough time with it. He’s tried all sorts of things to stop it, like glasses, hoodie etc, but nothing can stop his magical ikemen charm from seducing every woman in his surroundings, it’s to the point he could barely go out to town cause its just THAT ANNOYING,
    And for some reason it doesn’t work on dahlia because she has mc powers.

Dahlia wanted to help Wolf cause he a good bro, so he managed to help him make a pair of glasses with some magic fairy crystal leftovers failure substances that she had failed to use before.

The fairy crystal is like super magical and really hard to craft with and apparently has like the soul or will of a fairy attached to it cause it’s created after a fairy dies or something? (sorry I can’t remember well). So in order to craft with the fairy crystal you have to have a wish and the fairy respond to that wish by applying whatever effects you wish has to what ever you crafted.

And voila! Magical fairy glasses had come into existence by the hand of Dahlia. Dahlia gave the glasses to Wolf, and it basically makes him look super ordinary, like a different person. Wolf was so damn happy he cried and he was so grateful to dahlia cause he can FINALLY GO OUT TO TOWN WITHOUT BEING BOTHERED GODDAMNIT, But of course, slow ass novel means slow ass romance, he doesn’t realise he still in love with dahlia in the slightest.

12. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this story is not focused to romance. Until the latest update, there is no romance between them. Wolf like to be with Dahlia and worried over her and vice versa but he thinks it is like brother sister friendship etc. Of course some ppl around them think that it is not so.

This story more to making or developing some magical device that (for now) for the advantage for monster subjugation teams (wolf's team). So the team is really thankful to Dahlia (Rosetti's firm) for making device that make their job easier.

And in the background (not long after their reunion) Dahlia and Wolf secretly trying to make a magical weapon like a naughty kid. Of course their attempt is failure (some firsts attempt is too dangerous so they decide to sealed them). But, there some that success. One of them is a wind bracelet that Wolf wear. Wolf despite being from the famous water magician noble home, he can't use some elemental magic. His magic is high but he can only use some body enhancement magic. And this wind bracelet can make the user jump high. with Wolf's body enhancement + wind bracelet ability, Wolf jump really really high that he can kill/knock down some troublesome flying monster. So, their attempt at making magic weapon is revealed to the anger of Wolf's brother. Later, they finally can 'openly' try making some magic weapon, but for Dahlia's safety, the so called weapon maker department is not under the Rosetti Firm but is from another department under Wolf's brother's right hand man.

13. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I personally haven’t read that far but i feel like this novel is going to be 40% food

Mikaa and giseord like this.
  14. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read quite a bit of the nevel and most of the two versions or the manga raws, and while this story does have a slight romantic undercurrent, it is not primarily a romance story, so if that's what people are looking for, this is probably not the right story for them.
    I'd say at least for as far as I have read, it's 20% tobias needing a propper ass wooping, 40% magical crafting, 20% food/drinking, 10% romance and 10% family and friendshop bonding

kaedeyuuki, MiserableSOUL and Mikaa like this.
  15. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah food... basically their bonding is over food. Like hotpot, wine, how delish some monster meat etc. And don't forget there is some 2% about the wonderful material from slimes... it can make some cushion, compress etc. they even make a slime farm so that slimes will not extinct :hmm:.

Am_elf, snowberry and KathyClysm like this.
  16. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, especially in the manga, the slimes are depicted so adorably that they really must be protected from extinction. Can't fault them for that lol

Am_elf and Aeiru28 like this.
  17. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I won't deny the ship won't be sailing soon and the fact that this isn't a romance based series (its still nice though that the majority of people can tell that they're practically meant for each other like the random stall owner, weapon shop owner, Wolf's Duchess "aunt") disappointed me a bit but at the same time, its also undeniable that both sides just aren't ready for romance just yet: Dahlia just annulled a near terrible engagement and Wolf has his woman trouble trauma but honestly, I'm hoping someone AT LEAST gives us some spoilers if they've at least gotten SOME developments from the raws

kaedeyuuki, rock.doll, Mikaa and 2 others like this.
  18. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers pretty please:aww:

Hypothon likes this.
  19. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha...they are aware of each other but still in denial at how really close to their own heart (or is it no awareness??)

Mikaa likes this.