LCD Main Character Hides His Strength

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TH3unknown, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Professor Charles Francis Xavier

Professor Charles Francis Xavier Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty funny how the Emperor is named after a cigarette brand.
    They really did underestimate him though, poor bastards shouldn't have all came as a family, they're like a group of annoying bugs grouping together to all be squashed. Only makes the MCs life easier albeit only by a tiny bit.

2. Oppa

Oppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Curse kills all kids. People in the other world can only use Summoning to get fresh blood inside this world. Now the dilemma all of you are facing is exactly when did the curse happen to figure out the timeline properly. From the info available its known that the curse happened recently but how many years ago we do not have the data yet.

Now only 1 child has been introduced by the author till now which is Sarasa who is dead physically but she is being kept alive through necromancy. Pict is older than 20 he is not a child. He is the youngest in the Almeira family though. Well, they gone anyways.

Personally, from last chaps info it might be that 8 years ago the 13 heroes were tasked to prevent this calamity - The curse of extinction. Well this is just my hypothesis since we all know that the curse has happened in the last few years but when that we do not.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  3. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rly? i got an impression, that he was one of 13.

4. Oppa

Oppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @8Psycho ye my mistake he was one of the 13 sorry! He was the only among the 13 who stood for humanity while all others betrayed it and framed him instead

edited my post back there

5. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't this be a spoiler or was this explicitly stated before?

6. Oppa

Oppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Radon Stone It was stated in chap 52 and again in chap 53 (my comment that mentions it was after chap 52 release) so not spoilery since this thread is LCD ^^

7. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 55: Another unusable skill. He should really push for Alchemy and get that Final Elixir. He'd gain back all those stats taken by debuff titles. And damn the enemy is training MC's potential companion.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  8. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Mid-level demons are mere practice targets for our dear Main Character.

Did you say dwarven? Bloodbath incoming.

mrttao likes this.
  9. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that person who reset their timeline was lying to the MC. Was it that the MC got corrupted and became evil, or was that person evil and got killed trying to stop the MC in the future.

10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not believe she is lying, so that leaves two options:
    1. she could be telling the truth and the MC went down the wrong path

2. she could be misinformed. after all MC has the name "enemy of the world" because he refused to go along with a scheme by the great heroes where they abandoned their mission to save the world and instead used their power for personal profit.

keklel likes this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Good qn, otherworld heroes seem to have no issues on having children and them grow up. So who is the child that SungChul desparately tries to save? Also, I think the bloody hero notice him...

12. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a recap of what is known about the Calamities and the prophesy.

In the prologue, the Demon King Hethnius Max says he's one of the 5 Great Calamities. Then in this latest chapter-62, Sungchul flashes back and says:
    So Demon King = Calamity and there were there 5 Demon Kings/Calamities simultaneously in the past?

If Sungchul's party of 13 Heroes were the first to confront a Demon King, who were that group 7 Hero survivors (that set up those beginner quests at the Summoning Plaza)? I had the impression that group of 7 Heroes were before Sungchul's time, especially since this chapter also had:
    And is the Extinction Prophesy the "no-children" curse or is the curse just a precursor effect for something bigger in the future?

13. boop

boop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, a Calamity is something that at the least has the power to effectively destroy the world (Demon King can't destroy the entire planet and Sungchul probably can't either but they have the power to wipe out damn near everything shown so far) As he's so powerful he is one of the Calamities that was in some way a prophecy of ways the world will die. We've learned about Gods and past times where the world managed to stop all their Calamities, albeit barely. So all in all the Demon King is powerful enough and wants to kill all humans so he is a Calamity. So we know of 3 calamities so far 1) No children can survive past a certain age 2) Demon King (who is currently in spirit form cause he's still afraid of Sungchul) 3) 7 Heroes.

The 7 Heroes were before Sungchul's time but it's been hinted at that people who are powerful enough through money or stats can decrease aging just based on the fact Sungchul doesn't look like he is 60-80 when back in his time disco was a big thing. I can't remember off the top of my head whether the 7 Heroes fought Max but if I remember right they managed to kill their Demon King but then for whatever reason, probably greed and fear, they were ostracized and attacked by the powers of the world so they ended up being pissed off and leaving and saying they will come back to destroy the world.

Based on Sungchul saying he can't reveal his stats and that he thinks he is stronger than any of the 7 Heroes he should be using his status of the enemy of the world to both quell the potential of a kingdom becoming a calamity led by one of the 12 traitors or so he can hide his stats so that he can continue to fight the future Calamities that come after Max. No idea how this fixes his major issue which is the disease that stops all children though.

Edit: as of the glossary being added the "Curse of Extinction" that killed all children is not one of the calamities prophecised but is so bad it is considered one. Not a calamity because it does not have the ability to kill everyone is my guess.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A demon king is a calamity.
    A calamity is not a demon king

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  15. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the savepoint person in many jrpgs is just someone like Sungchul and smashes his way to the end of the dungeon to wait for you to get to him...

16. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    When you say 'savepoint person', are you referring to Ahmuge?

17. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No like how in a lot of games there is a dude sitting before the boss that you can save at. I wonder if they just smash through like Sungchul does.

18. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it as the JRPG I play either have objects as save points or can be saved anytime.

19. madghost

madghost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    these cliff hangers are killing me

mrttao likes this.
  20. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah. Mimi probably knew that the blue one was needed.