Recommendations Male protagonist & no romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Xuchi, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Xuchi

Xuchi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just as the title says please recommend stories with male protagonists and no romance, preferably completed or almost completed, I’ve been trying to find it by excluding romance in the series finder but somehow from all of my previous attempts every time I’m halfway through the story a random love interest would appear...I’ve been drowning in romance stories lately, I need a break from all the dog food. Literally no other requirements needed I just wanna read something :blobdead:

2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hatchet.... For sure no romance in this one :blob_grin:

4. ShizukaMomo

ShizukaMomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Great Storyteller
    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint
    Soul of Negary
    The Founder of the Great Financial Family
    The Legendary Mechanic
    The Lazy King
    Lord of the Mysteries
    History’s Number 1 Founder
    My Disciples All Are Villains

You should try excluding the romantic subplot tag too.

Kiearacat likes this.
  6. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/20556/

My top three recs being lotm Reverend Insanity and reincarnation paradise

some honorable mentions :

Tree of Aeons- my first webnovel that got me into webnovels, will always have a special place in my heart. It has world building, re: monster/tree, and so much more

Thiefs dungeon- clever as shit reborn dungeon who doesnt know who its past self was, though sus for a human, has a taste for beautiful things. It has a unique tension that makes it morbid and at the same time tragic. An art of a story that was ended midway through a plot, complete my ass.

Abyssal Dungeon- another amazing dungeon story, this ones about a dungeon underwater. Instead of humans, the bad guys are fairies

Snake Report- The reviews mislead me, the snake in all its glory was amazing to read, and the insanity.. god, nothing was more interesting to read insanity done right, in fact there were times where I suspected the author was making the reader go insane, in a good way

Bloom- tree op af, has snake report vibes, it goes from wtf style to holy shit, holllly shit. well tldr, lil tree looking harmless becomes full on badass god eater world eater and most wanted in the multiverse.

Parasite king- system apocalypse, man forced to parasite a final boss. try at least the first 20, plot kinda stagnates after that

Dungeon Mage- imagine Reverend Insanity, but instead of gu, its a dungeon shard system. incomplete series, author hasnt returned in a year so assume its dropped

Dungeon carl crawl- out of all the "aliens telivising our apocalypse" systems and survival stories, this is the best of the genre/troupe

Chrysalis- human re: monster, mc is an ant surviving in an enormous dungeon that spans the underground of a planet and his adventures and legacy that makes his species reach the pinnacle.

Healer- not your traditional restart tower climber series. ...it might not even be it for you. Its kinda slow paced and focus on how mcs actions lead to a greater indirect consequence throughout the tower after he turns back time

Never die twice- void herald- about a necromancer who will do everything it takes to achieve his goal for immortality

Esoteric skeletal dungeon master- funniest shit ive ever read on royal road. my fav work. its basically a satire/parody of a normal isekai troupe

Vaudevillain- honestly reviews on RR speak for themselves. An OK virtual reality superhero villain story

Rise of the Lord- the ch before the drop were really well written. extensive world building, zero to hero protag. author dropped this story

The damned- Its a 10 , dont read if u cant stomach dark themes, anger, chosen of a dark god, cold, and vengeful no rom no harem

Desolada- revenge, time magic. Demons , 10 in my books, no romance no harem. Not exactly a cold protag but someone who is human

Tommen king business- 10 /10 best game of thrones fan fic. No romance no harem, pure schemes
    Got done right

Path of the dragon mage- boy is a prince but is raised in an abusive family, he finds fhe need to prove his worth as he cant do magic by trying to hatch a dragon
    All goes to hell when his fam disowns him. Story has rune magic adventure, quests , a system and dragons

Dear Spell book- the story is told through a journal writing type mechanism where a mage goes on an adventure along w his spell boom thats soul bound to him. His parents were killed, setting his story off, and he is stuck in a loop for the first arc.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning
    The Zombie Knight Saga