Discussion Man Huang Feng Bao rant

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by TerraEarth, Nov 30, 2017.

1. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In chapter 43, Ye Chuan's seeds have finally grown, in the span of a day or two, no less. Just read these excerpts:

1) "In the Ghost Market, seeing these mysterious cyan colored seeds, he had vaguely guessed it somewhat, merely he was unable to be certain and also didn't dare to believe."
    2) "Millions of years ago, when he was still aloof and remote Heaven Concealing Great Sage ... Qingyang fruit was already a kind of rare worldly treasure."
    3) "Each qingyang fruit bears only one qingyang fruit, and after the fruit was plucked, the fruit tree would wither and die. This was the consequence of the absurdly fast growth of fruit tree due to the excessively boundless Yang qi around.

Also, keep in mind two things, that Ye Chuan had witnessed their tremendous growth first hand when he saw the saplings grow up to 3 ft the previous day and that 8/13 of the seeds have already been taken by beasts!

So I have a big issue with this and it's thrown a bucket of cold water over my head while I read this novel. Namely it's the fact that Ye Chuan did not take better care of these seeds or use them more wisely. He knew they were going to grow exceptionally quickly and he had a strong suspicion of what they were, yet he barely took any precautions at all and lost over 61% of his profit to beasts. He will probably lose more as he competes for the remaining 5. He should have done something like staying nearby to cultivate, or only planting one or two seeds at a time to confirm what they were and perhaps saving the rest to plant when he became stronger and could grow them at ease.

Yet he squandered all of this luck that was thrown in his lap. Keep in mind that these seeds were considered treasures even at the peak of his cultivation, how valuable would they be at his current relatively weak state? Unimaginably so I would presume.

Despite him constantly reminding us that he is a great "Heaven Concealing Great Sage," his incompetency seems to be the only thing he can't conceal. What do you guys think?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    kurokron and Astaroth like this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the post since I already know that the novel is literal trash and I dropped it years ago. Couldn't handle more than maybe 10 chapters or so?

But anyway, I've seen a couple of your reviews and they tend to give me a laugh so +1

3. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was somewhat enjoying the binge read but my enthusiasm is sapped at the moment. Does he keep making dumb mistakes like this?

4. kurokron

kurokron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished reading this novel quite a while ago, and all I can say is that this novel become not so exciting to read later on. The author makes the plot get really messy and boring later on. And best part is, the novel ends in a bad note, sort of like the author saying there will be a continuation book to the novel but pretty sure the author is not going to write the continuation since he is currently working on 2 completely new novel.