Recommendations Manga/novel with bully/evil/trashy MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by artemistled, Jan 31, 2020.

1. artemistled

artemistled Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know the type of background character who harasses/bullies others or the MC in a typical manga/hwa/hua and gets revenge enacted on them? The drug-abusing, alcohol-addicted, usually ugly or faceless bg charas who are throwaways and are considered human garbage and are often considered 'mobs', even, because they usually get relegated to beat-up fodder for that one obligatory martial artist high school girl archetype? The ones who we're supposed to see, and get mad at, so we actually feel bad for the protagonist.

Yeah. So, is that... type of character ever the main character in any novel? I don't care if they get redeemed or not, I'd rather prefer it if they stayed that way forever just for funsies but realistically then the book would probably fall flat! I'm not referring to my favorite archetype of 'cold, cruel and corporate, but also really handsome' (i.e. most MLs in the novels I like... don't ask).

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Villainess Noble Girl your type of tag?

3. artemistled

artemistled Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I do like that type but what I really mean is the truly hatable characters. I think I consumed all of the Villainess main character novels/manga and they usually feature reincarnated protagonists who kinda... 'fix' the fact that originally, the villainess was a horrible person. But if there's just a novel in the perspective of the villain (who doesn't actually have a heart of gold or anything) then yes.

4. Phantomheart

Phantomheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know some novels that make me think “WTF is wrong with you” and then there are some novels I know of that are about villains who used to be “WTF” and then turned out to have a tragic backstory. Then there are novels I know of that are about villains who are trying to redeem themselves but inevitably are still bloodthirsty, murderous fucks.
    Do have any novel as a point of reference? It might be easier to suggest something based off a similar novel.

5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite sure & I don't read the novel (just the manga & anime ver.) but maybe something like most characters of Black Lagoon?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020