Recommendations manga or novel that brings connects w emotions while reading

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by dvces, Aug 9, 2021.

1. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry about the r*tarded title. My brain is not working rn.

Im talking stuff similar to Hunter x Hunter. Baki. or Record of Ragnarok.
    I can only think of those since they are fresh on my mind from today... so sorry for the small list. lol.

Regardless, If you have read or watched these manga/anime. You have probably got the feeling of chills or had some type of emotion pulled out of you through the story and world.
    Meaning happiness, sadness, some tears, or a laugh. Whatever it may be.

Just recommend anything that you have read or watched where you were like,
    'Damn, This is my resonating with my soul' etc.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. ForeLeave Clover

ForeLeave Clover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Horimiya is worth reading through, even if you watched the anime. The translators of the manga spent 7 or 11 years on it, and there is so many things in the manga that you miss out on in the anime. They packed the entire series into only 12 episodes, leaving out many jokes and bonding moments. Go check it out, only a couple hours to read the entire thing, and you won’t regret the the time you spent on it.

dvces likes this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one anime that never failed to give me a variety of emotions by the end of each episode. That anime is Barakamon.

Really its so great. I always end up just sitting there for a while and thinking instead of immediately going to the next episode.

And it's a good feeling too, mostly happiness and satisfaction.

4. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Barakamon. It never bores me no matter how many times I watch or read it and always makes me warm inside.

dvces likes this.
  5. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    The Breaker, this manhwa is divine.

dvces likes this.
  6. Nude_philoshopher

Nude_philoshopher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read a oneshot about suicide(can't remember the title).It resonated deeply within me.

dvces likes this.
  7. Zebzeb

Zebzeb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dvces likes this.
  8. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude
    I just re-binged that entire thing.

I cant wait for S3. I want shiooon or however u spell it to finally fuck up his 'master'.

I need moar like this... it was absolutely perfect. Character growth, world building, weak to strong.

badass

trying it out rn :D

Bright_Lucky_Star and Noble Ran like this.
  9. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the fucking author just dropped an absolute banger and vanished from existence. I've been waiting for S3 for over 5 years now.

10. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    5 fkin years?!? I just looked it up lol.

That guy needs to be beaten up IRL for that.
    It is literally a sin to make a manga that good then fuckin' vanish.

11. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    True, that was really uncool of him. By the way, you can give Vagabond a try if you haven't read it yet. This manga doesn't even need to be described, I can only say that it's pure perfection.

12. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading rn!
    Badass af, I only knew about mutashi from Baki.

Noble Ran likes this.
  13. tempelis

tempelis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For novel, i recommend "Sevens" and "Rakuin no Monshou"

For manga, i recommend "Helck" "Good Night World" and "Sengoku Youko (and any of mizukami satoshi manga)"

Good luck!

14. vieauty

vieauty professional sick in bed idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Iyahhhhh, Idk if this is "in" to the novels/mangas/manhwas stated above but... huhuhu "Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun" tugs something in my heart. The art... The story... It is perfection!!!

There is also "In/Spectre" or "Kyouko Suiri", really love that one as it also moved my heart greatly even though it isn't really relatable due to it being about yokais and the lead characters are very otherworldy as one a girl being treated as a goddess and an actual immortal. But it was really funny and just really great uwu.

There is also "Tokyo Revengers", ackkkk that one is divine. I love the friendship. The plot. The story. It was something that really melted the ice surrounding my heart.

There is also this manhwa called "The Spooky Love Tale of Gongchan Seol". Idk why it moved my heart but stories with supernatural elements... I just find them very emotional as fear is one of the fundamental emotions that people can love and hate. Just like how one fear their love being taken away that evokes love... or having something that you find so horrible which evokes hate.

There is also this manhwa called "Form of Sympathy"... this stirs my emotions greatly. And I find it fascinating as both of the leads try to figure out their feelings.

There is this manga called "20th Century Boys" and its sequel, "21st Century Boys". For me, this is a phenomenal and very emotional manga. I love it so much.

I also find "The World is Money and Power" very moving... Even tho Idk why I find it moving hehehehe. But I just feel like my heart connects to the lead character's. And I really wanna cry as I think about the MC's past.

I also find "Uruwashiki Shuen" as something that stirred my emotion greatly. It was a... great one-shot read. But regrettably, I have this horrible lasting impression that left me trauma which made me swore that I won't read this one ever again. But it was good, really good.

There is also this manhwa called "Park Hanhoo's Manager" and its art made my emotions a mess. It has a cliche plotline but... it wasn't something that I'd call cliche because the way the storyteller and artist made it makes it something that is dark and gloomy but bright as well as they peek into the different aspect of love and loneliness and loss and pain and death.

There is also this manga called "Will you marry me again if you are reborn?" This is a masterpiece. A total masterpiece. The title kinda sound cliche but the story is very deep and moving. As I look back to the time I have read this, I feel like crying. It left such a mess in my heart.

I also find "Dam of the Forest" and "Reincarnator", their stories and the art are truly moving too. I really like it. I just wish the translator update these manhwas.

There is also "Spy x Family", "Jiji Mago Gurashi", "The Human-hating Demon Lord Has No Mercy For Little Girls", and "Kumicho Musume to Sewagakari". Hehehhe, that one stirs fluffy feelings in my chest, neverending tears, and a thousand laughter.

I also find "Weak Hero", "The Boxer", "The Duke of Death and His Black Maid", "Real Man", "Dear X", "Checkpoint", "Incompetent Villain", "Reincarnation no Kaben", and "Things I Don't Know About You" as the darkness in our souls uwu. Love those too.

Waaaaaah, there are many more! But I can only remember the recent ones that I have read. And when it comes to novels, there are a lot of novels that made me bawl my eyes out. But the only thing as of the moment that I could remember is "Thousand Miles of Bright Moonlight", that one is something phenomenal. It made me cry every chapter like wtfudge huhuhu.

I hope this is helpful hehehe. I don't know if these mangas/manhwas/novels can stir your heart too but I hope you will give it a try! Have a good dayyy~~~

15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    IMG_8705.jpg

dvces and Noble Ran like this.
  16. evilwang

evilwang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can read "from the grave and back"
    It gets good after the chapter 56 and has manhwa.

17. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Manga blue period can give you that feeling and many more
    Manga to you, the immortal may also work
    There are a bunch of novels, a lot of them, really, but I forgot many. Warm place, a yuri in which the world will end in ten days are both yuri stories that could send you places emotion-wise. Not sure if that's what you want, since both are relatively short stories that are a mix of tragedy and romance.
    Overlord is the creme of the crop on this site in terms of... Everything I guess. It does have a way to pull you in at times, when it comes to the side characters.
    There's a walk through of it in YouTube, but the visual novel umineko koro chiru ni is maybe something that would get you to feel that pull.
    Devil is a part-timer is the novel that turned me into a weeb. Before I only watched two or three anime with a friend, more out of peer-pressure than anything.
    Taming of the yandere is a novel that is criminaly underrated, and it's characters and the complex interactions between them and the many emotions portrayed certainly pull you in and make you use your emotions.
    The Sukasuka series (it's translated name is "what do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?", which probably pulled away many a potential reader) is full to the brim with somewhat similar but still very much original elements (it has a wonderful anime too, and the translation was of a high quality last time I checked) and is a bit of a bomb, a tactical weapon of sorts. Read at your own risk.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021