Japanese Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by garohoz, Oct 22, 2018.

1. garohoz

garohoz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1578dx/

NU Link: None

Description:

Summary :

After 2000 years had passed, the ruthless demon lord had just been reincarnated ! But his aptitude at an academy for nurturing candidates for demon lords are, "Inapt" !?

Having the capability to destroy humans, elementals, and gods, after a long period of countless wars and strife, Arnos the demon lord became sick and tired of all that, and longed for a peaceful world, so he decided to reincarnate to the future.

However, what awaited him after his reincarnation is a world too used to peace that his descendants became too weak due to a huge weakening in magical powers.

Arnos enrolled in the Maou Academy established to find any students that might be the demon lord's reincarnation, but his powers are too extraordinary that those in the academy couldn't properly judge his powers, so he's regarded as an "Inapt student". Being underestimated and avoided by most people there, he recruited a girl friendly to him, Misha, as his subordinate and comrade, and strives to climb to the top of the demon race hierarchy to one day reclaim his former title and status.

FAQs:
    1. Is the MC OP ? Yes.
    2. Is there snusnu ?
    Haven't read to the latest chapter so I don't know yet. 3. Is the story interesting ? Yes, better than most other OP protagonist stories in a magic school setting.
    4. Is there harem ? Yes, there is a large circle of girls/female characters that will like the MC as the story progresses, but the main girls are still the 2 you see on the very first LN cover above, the sisters Misha and Sasha, so it's kinda like a double heroine-centered format like in Rokudenashi Majutsu, Isekai Maou and Seiken Tsukai no World Break. However what makes this story different is that the MC has a male comrade in his active circle of comrades, and he has lots of interaction and buddy moments with the MC too, and he's a swordsman. He's also paired with one female character who's a girl classmate of his and MC's class, and that girl who's not part of MC's harem likes this dude a lot. In the LN illustration, this guy, whose name is Rey, is a good-looking handsome and cool guy, and the girl he's paired with is also cute. 5. How "ruthless" is the MC ? He's only ruthless to those who are his sworn enemies, or those who tries to kill and harm his comrades and subordinates

Dengeki Bunko's Special PV on Youtube :

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Very interesting Novel it deserves a translation

Sara0jan likes this.
  2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    There already one request about this

3. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The word is "Inept" not inapt.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  4. Rodriguez II

Rodriguez II Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he meant to say the MC is an "inapt person" judged by the academy's teachers ? Inapt means unsuitable or inappropriate, and I think that might be an accurate translation for Futekigousha ? ( I only know a little bit of Japanese unlike my friend who knows more than me )

I searched Google for "inapt", and here is the result : https://www.google.com/search?sourc......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.8bjlo-E6Qfs

It's an adjective, so it needs to be used in combination with something, like an "inapt person", and cannot be used on its own. But "inept" has a different meaning, here : https://www.google.com/search?ei=Dn......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.IFvceGKIuYI

I think the MC is far from incompetent or unskillful, as the novel portrays the MC as very overpowered and skillful in high level magic, and he's only treated as an inapt person in the academy's grading system due to his powers not being able to be measured properly by a measuring device, as well as not being recognized as genuine as he's not from the Imperial bloodline of the demon race ( Because they don't know that the demon lord reincarnated into a child of a commoner family )

5. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what inapt means, but from the summary inept seems to fit much better.

6. majestix1988

majestix1988 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Immortalis

Immortalis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tempusinfinitum just did the prologue if anyone is interested.

8. Bigfatty

Bigfatty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone want to pick it up? If not, i will try to recommend it to my friend?

9. Bigfatty

Bigfatty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ups, sorry, i think someone working in it already