Spoiler Marry my husband/ 내 남편과 결혼해줘

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by magical_al00, Nov 7, 2021.

1. lady.roscez

lady.roscez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :bloblove:
    Yes please! Thank you for the spoilers!
    And if you don’t mind, can you also mtl what’s happening next after the latest manhwa? Thank u so much!!

2. mobius29

mobius29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please keep on posting!!! Thank you

3. LhianaLhune

LhianaLhune Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so... What happened to jiwo mom? and why did she left her and had an affair with soomin dad?

crystalleciel, MLisMyHubby and Priar like this.
  4. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because maybe she didn't love her own daughter

5. StrawMilkbag

StrawMilkbag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiwon is so lovable though. Im sure there’s more to it.

crystalleciel, Priar and your crush like this.
  6. your crush

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno I kind of forgot the novel now . But...as far as I remember, she was just greedy and wanted money. She even tried to start business with sumin's father but failed multiple times.
    When jiwon started to date ml, she found out through sumin(as sumin called her father after fir like many years and even told her not to associate with him again. I guess sumin was THAT unlovable) she(jiwon's mom) took her greedy ass to MC's office or something and started to act like a real mom(saying I missed you, I love you bullcrap) and jiwon, who still missed her mother, at first was sceptical about her mother , but after seeing her trying to act like a mom, she started to want her love and to believe her and hang out with her.
    But even while hanging out, she was inconsiderate of our jiwon in many way(that I don't remember lol).
    At last, her mother in law who thought of jiwon as daughter rather than an in-law, kicked that greedy ass and gave her money and told her to never show her face to jiwon again.

7. Novelhellsing

Novelhellsing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the lastest manhwa, does the Fmc try to be that asshole mistress? I hope not lol

8. Deaf Bunny

Deaf Bunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, how did Jiwon even pretend to be the mistress of her ex? Even after becoming chummy with the ML already?

webnovelinfo and Priar like this.
  9. webnovelinfo

webnovelinfo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She never meets with the ex husband. All the conversations are done through texting and the phone (mostly texting) with the idea of having Soo Min go through Min Hwan’s phone and find the secret phone number (Jiwon is using a secondary phone line). Soo Min will contact this “secret woman” and reveal herself Min Hwan’s wife, Jiwon will pretend she never knew Min hwan was married and promises to end contact with him and instead becomes a close confidant (again by phone and messages) to Soo Min who cries and complains at her any time the Parks inconvenience her. Jiwon will coach Soo Min to do things that will end up severely affecting Min Hwan and his family as revenge. Such as leading Soo Min to medically prove Min Hwan is the one who can’t father children to get the mother off her back.

10. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the trashy couple after they killed Jiwon in the 1 timeline?

11. your crush

Reading List:
    Link
    I think ml called police on them. (Sorry, i don't really remember the story anymore )

StrawMilkbag likes this.
  12. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't the story a little different? in the novel, soomin bumps into jiwon and his sister Ml, but in the manhwa it was Jiwon and Jihyuk. And also Soomin is caught towards the end, is this manhwa about to end?

your crush likes this.
  13. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed a pattern/specific tropes when it comes to the Genre Korean/Asian Fantasy Romance Reincarnation Revenge Wronged Woman MELODRAMA:
    The Villain White Lotus Bitch Sumin is irrationally obsessed with destroying FL and taking everything away from her. She needs her dog friend being lower in the social hierachy than her. Sumin comes from a very abusive messed up poorer/working class family and her hyperfeminity is constantly demonized.
    She made the maniacal decision to ruin her nice friend Jiwon because she has a father who loves her, people actually more fond her and blames her for being abused by her delusional mother since Jiwon's absent shit mother had an affair with Sumin's father!

Have you noticed the current trend that lower class traumatized female characters who are gold diggers using their cuteness/femininity/sexuality to survive or secure financial stability are always the evil despicable villain pitted against the more pure love deserving likable girlboss well off MC/FL?
    I think there is some insidious hidden classist message.

At the end SUMIN is not very smart. On the contrary she gets more stupid and crazy by the narrative.
    Her personality isn't very complex and basically consist of wanting to be spoiled & hating/destroying/killing the more lucky beloved FL.
    I guess she has to be this absurd to make the FL & ML look so much better and easier to root for her downfall.
    In J-C-K-DRAMA WORLD everything is about the two leads who are either too toxic problematic or way too glamourous perfect.

Remember the time when Asian Dramas used to villainize the spoiled privileged rich girl AND idealizing the hard working poor lower social status naive cinderella girl reforming the gloried rich toxic bad boy jerk?
    I mean in the Harlequin Romance Novel Mangas that outdated problematic trope still persists.

The Duchess with the empty Soul was probably the first story where I discovered this trope:
    FL is too shy, being an easy target, having low self-esteem falls for loser scum fraud but secretly very privileged because she always this potential mighty power; Being envied/target/used by her trusted lower class cousin (male/queer) who seduced FL's trash fiance + keeps blaming her alone for his misery or why his whole life sucks despite knowing she hasn't easy either; Homewrecker Cousin & Trash Fiance starting to turn on each other and a loney tortured mighty ML who feel in love with her in the 1st timeline & wished tto rewind time.
    It is kinda getting annoying to see the same plot with the same social bias & stock characters getting recycled over and over again.

I guess the authors of the deconstructive meta webcomics CHEATING MEN MUST DIE & THIS ISEKAI MAID IS FORMING AN UNION! made a good point why the very problematic trashy immature novel world plots keeps getting endlessly repeated.

Here are two good educational videos about the GOLD DIGGER TROPE:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  14. LostRose17

LostRose17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a great point but I'm pretty sure that Sumin and Jiwon are from almost the same class. Jiwon is not rich, that's ML. The problem arises with Jiwon's mother and Sumin's father. Sumin is completely valid to feel a little resentful towards her friend but not to that extent, the blame should be primarily on her father and Jiwon's mother. Her own mom is also trash for abusing her kid.

Jiwon was raised by her single father. By the time she graduates or before, her father dies so she's left completely alone. She, unlike, Sumin manages to get a high-paying job after college because of her hardwork and intelligence. I feel like you're confused thinking Sumin's hyper-feminity is punished when honestly it's her attitude and inability to be honest with the people close to her that lands her in those situations while Jiwon actually puts effort into life whether relationships or work. Sumin has a strange sense of entitlement arising from Jiwon's mother and her father's affair. I'd argue ML's step/half sister is also pretty feminine but she unlike Sumin doesn't have that strange entitlement, actually puts effort into her life and works. You're ignoring how Sumin refuses to put any work into anything and basically piggybacks off her friend through their lives. Even her job, she got it with FL's help. She basically ruined Jiwon's life before the regression. What FL's mother did is bad but Sumin straight up led Jiwon who at the time was dying of cancer to death and made her life hell by making her childhood bad at school and then at work and then took her husband.

I honestly think her character is complex considering both girls have issues with their mothers. Jiwon seeks comfort in her future MIL and Sumin expects some comfort from her own MIL. Her whole arc is that she not only wants Jiwon to suffer but also herself to be happy and have a happy family, something she never had growing up. There's like a small moment, she thinks about being a mother and forgets Jiwon and she basically promises to give her child a better life but then she realises her husband and in-laws are trash, comparing it to her life. Sumin's not just a gold-digger, the main thing she wants other than Jiwon's misery is her own happy family, money is just an add on. I mean there's the part where she constantly compares her MIL to own mother. Before her wedding she's happy being pampered by her MIL because her own mother never did anything for her.

Sumin and Jiwon are two sides of the same coin. Their lives almost mirror each other but Jiwon makes the opposite decisions. I feel like you read too much into this. Yeah Jiwon got super lucky with her father but he didn't stick around long. He's dead in the present and the FL is where she's at because of her hard work.

In the first timeline, Jiwon is naive because she wholeheartedly believes Sumin is her rock, her support considering the two were in the same situation because of one-half of their parents. Sumin is never honest with her feelings and Jiwon's father makes attempts to take some care of her while alive like feeding her when her own mother starves her. Sumin only resents Jiwon more. She doesn't put a stop to her skewed revenge even when Jiwon is dying of cancer.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  15. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    I respect your counterargument. There are some of your points that I agree with and that make me realize that I was wrong about specific details/infos about Sumin (exa. her social background) & Jiwon. Perhaps I did some overanalysing or we both have just different interpretations about this story/Sumin.
    But there are some valid concerns about tropes/ideas in this writing that I ve already seen countless times in other Asian Melodrama Stories.
    I am not sure, if Sumin and Jiwon are exactly two sides of the same coin.
    Jiwon always had the option of accessable good choices. She is the wronged good nice girl. Her father truly raised her with love and she is being loved by a two successful hot men (one is the ML Chief/CEO). She can somehow afford to do good/better. Good things happens to her naturally, even though/after if she had cancer, was betrayed and killed. I argue that FLs have to suffer that much to be rewarded by the heaven.
    Sumin on the other hand has to keep pretending to be cute, fragile, helpless, chaste and at the same time being sexual available to get what she wants/climbing the social ladder. Unfortunately she never appreciated how good of a friend Jiwon has been to her and only aknowleged that Park Min Hwan is useless gutter trash after he tried to kill her. Her evilness & stupidity is quite exaggerated.
    I am not trying to defend the villain character Sumin since she does very heinous murderous things. But she is more of a classic simple plot device/hindrance/foe for strengthening the happiness of the hard working FL & super rich ML. Her complexity is debatable.
    Perhaps I am just personally bothered by the fact that the main villain of this melodrama story has to be a traumatized abused woman again that has no chance of self-reflection or doing smart decisions and is more of a caricature.

In MY ID IS GANGNAM (a very nuanced Webtoon that I really appreciate) there is the female antagonist Suah who has a similar background and motivation as Sumin. The key differences are that Suah is written more realistically grounded + given a much better empathetic understanding for her actions. She suffers of course the consequences of her behaviour but also given the chance to change, aknowleging her mistakes and admitting she needs help/therapy at the end :)
    Becomes a better version of herself but still maintain her bitchy traits ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    your crush likes this.
  16. StrawMilkbag

StrawMilkbag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She really didn’t have to continue to act innocent to get what she wanted she could have realized that there’s more to life then riding off of peoples success or just superficial stuff because it isn’t fulfilling. The only thing honestly wrong with her character is that she felt to much like a plot device and not like a real person with black/ and white motives. Also I feel like since she was abused/ didn’t have a father figure she really wanted and needed validation and ig that’s the difference between a good and bad parent.

17. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, She is the conveniently common plot device foe that I ve seen in so many Telenovelas and K-Dramas to make the centered Sole Main Couple look much better and easier to root for.

There is this one soap opera vixen/working gold digger anti-hero-villainess that I find very fascinating, intriguing, resilient, nuanced, complex, funny mean and badass:
    Abby Cunningham

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    LostRose17 and your crush like this.
  18. LostRose17

LostRose17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Th.ay, maenochka, nowaynoway and 3 others like this.