Novel Martial Dawn (Romance set in a Cultivation Setting)(Book One, Two, & Three Done)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Nikushimi, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Ten:
    Feeling of Comfort

I woke up early in the morning like I did every morning since Zhu Fan'Hua left. It was lonely waking up with her not there. The days dragged on, and it felt like a piece of me was missing. It made it harder to sleep. Yet, I was thankful. Not because she was gone, but because I had someone here to cheer me up.

Youshan stayed with me while Zhu Fan'Hua was gone. She was an incredibly good friend who always made my days a little less sad. We would talk for hours about different types of beasts. All of our meals were taken together. Even though I knew I had Miss Su, Suyin, and even Taixu, the fact that Youshan was there somehow made everything better.

Sima Ai'Li and Sima Chen came over once during the week. It was good, but never felt...right. I was always able to be at ease with Youshan since I met her. She was kind, gentle, and above all passionate about her studies.

I could honestly listen to her speak about the various beasts for hours. She would get embarrassed or stumble at times when she felt like she was being a bit overwhelming. I admit, it was hard to keep up, but overall it was enjoyable. A good distraction to the emptiness in my heart.

Today was just like those days. She greeted me with a smile at the bottom of the stairs. Taixu curled up in her arms. It seemed like Taixu took a liking to her. As soon as they saw me, Taixu leaped from her arms and onto my shoulders.

"Good morning, Youshan," I smiled as I reached the bottom step.

"Morning, An'Shen," She returned the smile.

The smell of food could be followed to the dining room where Miss Su and Suyin prepared breakfast for us. I was hungry and so dove right into the food. I felt embarrassed at first for eating so much in front of Youshan, but like Zhu Fan'Hua she simply shook her head, telling me to eat what I wanted.

It was so different from my years at the Li'Yu Family. So, as I sat there eating the delicious food that Miss Su and Suyin made for us, Youshan smiled and made sure I had my fill. I felt grateful that I was surrounded by such lovely people.

After breakfast, we would go over various beasts and learn about them. A walk in the garden followed by lunch. Sometimes, we would even go out in the academy for a change of pace. Meeting up with Sima Ai'Li and Sima Chen.

We'd all enjoy the day together, but it was always best when it was just me and Youshan. For some reason, I just felt more at ease around her. I wondered what that reason could be, but as I encountered Zheng Ya once more, I realized why.

She had cornered me once more. Thinking I was by myself now that Zhu Fan'Hua was gone. Little did she know that Youshan was nearby. She had been buying us snacks from the academy store. Leaving me to wait by myself.

As Zheng Ya went to touch my face, a voice called out. It was the voice of Youshan. It reverberated with power that even I could feel, and before I knew it Zheng Ya was wrapped up by a beautiful, multicolored snake.

It's white scales mirroring the light of the sun, giving it the rainbow appearance of its namesake. The Rainbow Snake. It was one of many familiars of Youshan.

"Zheng Ya..." Youshan's voice called coldly, "What, exactly, are you doing to An'Shen?"

"I-I was just, ugh, saying hello," She smiled, trying to breath as the snake wrapped itself around her, "I-Isn't that right, A-An'Shen?"

I shook my head, finding myself moving towards Youshan. As I looked towards her, I began to notice she grew slightly. She used to be roughly a head shorter than me, but now was merely half a head shorter. Yet, what drew me the most was the look on her face. It was the same as Zhu Fan'Hua.

"It seems An'Shen disagrees," Youshan told her, "So...if you don't mind, you should leave."

Her look was fierce, determined. I flashed back to the time Zhu Fan'Hua saved me from Liu Chen. Despite my condition, mana flowed from her voice as she spoke. Commanding her Rainbow Snake. Zheng Ya protested as the snake twisted, throwing her away.

As Zheng Ya disappeared from sight, she held her hand out as the snake flew to her. Wrapping around her arm, it disappeared into nothing. Returned now to its owner. She turned towards me, a look of concern on her face.

"Are you alright?" She asked, smiling gently, "I'm sorry for leaving you too long..."

She reached up, touching my face in worry as she checked for any damages. I felt something stir in my chest. Embarrassment? It felt warm. Hot, even.

"N-No, it's okay," I smiled back, "Are you...okay? My condition wasn't too rough on you, was it?"

"I'm alright," She beamed, "I've practiced a lot! So don't worry."

She laughed, bringing her arm up in a strongman pose, slapping her bicep as if to tell me not to worry. She seemed proud of herself. Had she practiced so she could use mana around me? It must have been difficult.

An urge came through me then. As I watched her, I was overwhelmed with gratefulness and worry that I found myself hugging her. My arms wrapped around her tightly. She flinched, but otherwise remained relaxed. One of her arms hugging me back awkwardly.

"W-What's this for?" She asked, confused.

"...I don't know," I replied, "I just felt like doing it. You've worked so hard...and you've saved me. Perhaps that's why?"

"...I see," She relaxed as she hugged me back earnestly this time.

A brief moment later, she released herself from my grasp. Her hand on my shoulder, she looked at me from arm's length.

"Well, let's not just stand here," She beamed, turning me around and pushing me along, "Let's go! We have snacks to eat!"

I smiled softly as she guided me from behind. Yes, I knew now why I felt so comfortable around her. She was much like Zhu Fan'Hua. Kind, generous, caring. She was a good person. Someone who really cared about me. I was truly blessed.
    -----

Youshan hid her blushing face behind An'Shen's back. His sudden hug was surprising. Did he even know the words that he said? She had been working really hard. If he looked at her in that moment, he would have seen just how red she could become.

She had to collect herself before she faced him, but even then it took everything she had to keep a straight face. Pushing him along, her face heated and heart beating fast, she wondered how long she could last. It was agonizing, yet wonderful.

Was this test Zhu Fan'Hua gave her to make him fall for her, or was it to have Youshan fall even harder for him?
    -----

2. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Eleven:
    A Guilty Heart

A soft breeze blew through the window, bringing with it the scent of fall. Everything was crisp with a slight hint of the water which wafted up from the shores of the island. Starlight City spanned out before the academy, and it was here that I found myself.

Leaning on the windowsill of the home I shared with Zhu Fan'Hua. Not just her, but Miss Su and Suyin. My thoughts turning to all the time I spent with them. There was never a day where I wasn't with Fan'Hua. Ever since I arrived at the academy my life had changed so much.

No, it was ever since that day 8 years ago. I had left my small shed in search of Miss Su. At the time, I was so hungry that I could barely think. Despite that, I was only worried about Miss Su. She lost her job because of me, but now she was here. Safe and with someone she loved.

Suyin, she was such a strong, capable person. When I first learned about them, I was surprised, but pleasantly so. To think Miss Su had found someone to love just like I found Fan'Hua. It was a nice thought.

Now, I wasn't hungry. My stomach was full, and it was all of them that made sure of it. I still grew anxious whenever I ate, but the people next to me made sure it was okay. They assured me. It was a nice feeling.

I spent 8 years hiding from the Li'Yu Family. Living in Lord Yi'Dao's home and doing my best to survive. They would ruin the food I'd try to grow, and steal it any chance they got. Even though they never entered Lord Yi'Dao's home, I wasn't completely safe there.

My water was poisoned, I grew sick several times and could only rely on myself. I had to boil the water just to make it even remotely drinkable. To be seen outside of the home was dangerous. Li'Yu Wang was scared enough of Lord Yi'Dao that the abuse lessened, but the scars always remained. I lived in constant fear until that fateful day.

I had seen men and women in robes, hiding their faces with the symbol of an eye on their cloaks. I didn't know it at the time, but now I did. It was her. Zhu Fan'Hua, no...Xiao'Wu Shui. She was the one who sent them. I knew now that I had her to thank for getting me out of there.

The first friend I ever made, and the first love of my heart. I could still remember the feeling I felt those days. The beating of my heart, the warmth of my body. I didn't realize what these feelings were, but now that I did, I was worried.

The stirring in my heart for another. I shivered as a cool breeze blew across me. A soft, warm blanket fell upon my shoulders. Looking up I saw her. The light of the fading sun into night illuminated her softly.

A golden glow given to her already tan skin. Her emerald eyes were soft, worried. The curls of her brown hair framing her face just right. She smiled gently.

"Be careful," Youshan cautioned, "You'll catch a cold otherwise."

I smiled, hugging the blanket to me. I mumbled my thanks, my face feeling a bit heated. Why did this have to happen? I thought I only loved Fan'Hua, but ever since that day Youshan saved me I began to feel different. The anxious beating of my heart whenever I saw her.

"See...you're already burning up," Youshan's voice broke through my thoughts.

The back of her hand brushing my hair aside as it rested upon my forehead. Flinched, I let out a surprised squeak, much to my embarrassment. Her eyes went wide in surprise.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you," She told me, her face slightly amused, but also worried, "Your face was just a bit red, so I wanted to check your temperature..."

"Ah...my temperature," I thought to myself, feeling a bit foolish.

"I-It's okay, I was just lost in thought..." I smiled awkwardly, wrapping the blanket firmly around me.

"Are you feeling alright?" She asked, worried, "You look a bit flushed..."

"...Yeah," I muttered through the blanket, "Just...was a bit cold. This blanket should help, so...thank you."

Her features softened as a light pink entered her cheeks. It was ever so slight, but the way her face seemed to just glow caused my heart to skip a beat. She seemed so happy about helping. It was cute, and it was endearing. I was truly grateful, but embarrassed. Guilty.

What would Fan'Hua think? What would she say? Did I fall for anyone who was simply nice to me? Then, did I also love Suyin? Miss Su? What about the Sima siblings?

I mentally shook my head. No, I didn't love them. Not like this. Sighing to myself, I wondered at what I could or should do about this. Would Fan'Hua be mad? Of course she would, but then what?

What about Youshan? She was my friend. My closest friend. I had the Sima siblings, but I was closer with Youshan. We spent so much time together. I didn't want to lose that. If she knew, would she stop being my friend?

I couldn't lose Youshan. I couldn't lose Fan'Hua. I could feel my chest tighten at these thoughts. I had to keep this to myself. These burgeoning feelings. It had been almost a month since Fan'Hua left. She would be returning soon.

I loved Fan'Hua with every single fiber of my being. She was everything I desired, even the teasing. So, how was it that I could start having feelings for Youshan? Was it because I was lonely without Fan'Hua here?

If that was the case, then how horrible was I? She isn't here for a month, and I start to like someone else? What kind of fiance was I? The word hit me like a brick. I was engaged to Fan'Hua. There was no way I could like someone else.

Yet, here I was. My heart racing for Youshan.

"An'Shen," Youshan called out, "Do you mind...if I join you?'

She motioned to the seat next to me by the window. I couldn't understand what was going on with me. The guilt ate away inside. My chest was tight, but I knew one thing. I couldn't lose them. Any of them. So, I swallowed it all. I'd have to figure this out somehow.

"...Yeah," I nodded, smiling softly, "You don't have to ask."

"Heh, well," She stated as she sat down, "It's only right to do so, but thank you. Looks like tonight will be a beautiful night."

Laying my head back down in my arms on the windowsill, I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye. The sun had finally set, the lights of Starlight City sparkled in the night, and the moonlight cast a ethereal glow over her. She was right, it would be a beautiful night.

"Yeah," I mumbled, looking away into the night, "It is..."

A gentle breeze blew across the academy. Carrying with it the change of seasons, but also the changes in my heart. A tumultuous, yet subtle change that hit me suddenly. Just where would this wind take me?
    -----

3. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twelve:
    A Plan and a Gift

Zhu Fan'Hua had finished her business with the Liu Family, whose name was struck from records and replaced by the Qi'Liu Family. Lady Qi'Liu was now one of her people, and had dedicated herself to supporting her. One more ally in her pocket.

She was anxious to return to the academy, and was curious of the events that transpired while she was away. She had given a test to Youshan. One that Youshan believed impossible. She saw it on her face when she told her. An'Shen loved Zhu Fan'Hua immensely. It would be impossible for him to love anyone else, that was if Zhu Fan'Hua had not been watching him so closely.

Everything about An'Shen she knew. From his likes to his dislikes. Things he enjoyed and things he didn't. She saw him interacting with Sima Ai'Li, and she was jealous, but the look in An'Shen's eye told her one thing. He only saw her as a friend.

The same thing could be said about everyone else he ever met. That was until he met Youshan. He was captivated the moment he saw her. She touched his heart in a way that only Zhu Fan'Hua ever did. It was the moment she commanded those cats back then.

Ever since then she watched An'Shen. She saw how he interacted with Youshan, and it was the same as with herself. When they only thought of each other as friends, there was a certain closeness that neither one of them could explain. After all, neither of them understood what love was at the time. They shrugged it off as just being close friends.

The only difference between him and Youshan was that Youshan knew. She was aware of it and didn't do what Zhu Fan'Hua did. After all, Zhu Fan'Hua had no shame in doing what she wanted. If she wanted to hold An'Shen, she did. If she wanted to get close to him, she did. Nothing held her back. Even more so after she learned she loved him.

For Youshan, she held back. This left An'Shen blissfully unaware. After she came to her conclusion about the three of them, she had devised the plan to make it work. She knew An'Shen would realize it once he spent time with Youshan. He knew what love was now.

When he realized it, he would feel guilty. He would feel like he betrayed Zhu Fan'Hua, but in truth it was her plan. The real test for Youshan was for her to realize An'Shen also held those feelings for her. It was devious of Zhu Fan'Hua, but she never claimed to be a saint. She simply claimed to get what she wanted.

One of those things was An'Shen, of which she had, and the other was for him to be happy. For that to be possible, he could not lose Youshan. To lose someone so close to him and his heart would be devastating. If she could avoid it, she would ensure his heart never felt that pain again.
    -----

"An'Shen," Youshan called after him, "Close your eyes."

"H-Huh?" He turned, wondering what was going on.

"Just close your eyes!" She exclaimed, smiling playfully.

"Okay..." He smiled awkwardly as he closed his eyes.

Youshan had been with An'Shen now for a month while Zhu Fan'Hua was gone. She had been given such an impossible task that she wondered if she was being teased. Still, even if she couldn't make him fall for her, even a little, she still wanted to do something.

After she realized he had no winter clothing yet, she had an idea. She had been working on it for a while now, but it was finally done. Whenever she had spare time she had Miss Su help her. It was embarrassing, but she was the only person who she could ask. It was a bit of a risk because Miss Su may think poorly of her.

After all, An'Shen was Zhu Fan'Hua's lover, and Miss Su was their personal servant. Youshan was an outsider, and could be seen as interloping. Yet, to her surprise Miss Su was delighted to help her and gave her many tips. In fact, Miss Su seemed rather invested. As if she knew something Youshan didn't.

She had been noticing his cheeks got red easily, and so she hoped it would help him. Slowly, she removed the soft golden brown scarf from the bag it had been in. Carefully, she wrapped it around his neck and face. His eyes opened with surprise as he marveled at it.

"Th-This is..." He looked at it, his hands feeling the material, "It's so soft. Is this...for me?"

"Yep!" She exclaimed, smiling brightly, "I've noticed your face getting cold, and thought that you might be able to use a scarf. So...tada!"

He was silent for a while that she began to worry, but as she looked at him the reason why became clear. Tears were forming in his eyes as a tender smile curled his lips. He held the scarf to him as if it was the most precious thing he ever received. He hid his face within the confines of the scarf.

"...Thank you," He mumbled, holding back his tears, "Aside from Miss Su...this is the first time I've received something like this."

"Ah...well, she helped make it so-" Youshan began to explain awkwardly.

"Don't be modest," Miss Su suddenly said out of nowhere, "An'Shen, did you know...she begged me to teach her? I taught her, but she did all the work."

"Where did you come from?" Youshan looked around, as she thought it had only been them.

"Did you...really make this?" An'Shen's voice muffled by the scarf.

"Well, yeah. I guess I did," Youshan was suddenly becoming quite embarrassed.

She watched as An'Shen's face became the sweetest, most tender thing she ever saw. His smile was so pure and happy that she felt she would melt just from the sight of it. The cold of the fall day disappeared in that moment. That face was unfair.
    -----

4. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Thirteen:
    Reactions

"I see I came back at the right time," Zhu Fan'Hua's voice sounded from nearby.

"F-Fan'Hua!" An'Shen exclaimed looking in her direction.

Youshan's heart sped up, her embarrassment rising. Just how many more people would show up? She had planned for this to just be a small gift giving, but Miss Su and now Zhu Fan'Hua showed up. As she looked to where the voice was, she noticed even Suyin was there.

"H-How long were you there?" Youshan asked.

An'Shen ran over to her, hugging her tightly. Youshan's heart felt a pull, wishing that she would be hugged as well. She held down those emotions. Zhu Fan'Hua held his head to her, her hand tenderly caressing the back of it.

"Long enough," She smiled deviously, "I should thank you. I got to see quite the sight..."

She glanced down at An'Shen who buried his head into her bashfully.

"D-Did you see what she made me?" An'Shen asked as he looked up at Zhu Fan'Hua, "It's a scarf!"

"Yes, I do see it," She responded lovingly, "It matches your hair."

He beamed up at her, hugging her closely. Youshan took a deep breath to control her own heart. She was jealous, but not in a bad way. Simply, she had a yearning. A yearning that Zhu Fan'Hua did not miss.

That's when Youshan saw that smile. The smile that told her Zhu Fan'Hua had something on her mind. An idea that popped into her head. Though her body was warm, a shiver ran throughout it.

"An'Shen..." Zhu Fan'Hua tilted his face up to her, "Did you thank her?"

"Yeah?" He said in confusion, "You saw me thank you her."

"Did I?" Zhu Fan'Hua leaned in close to his ear, standing back up after a moment, "Do you understand?"

"A-Are you sure?" He asked, seemingly a bit flustered, "Is that okay?"

"Of course it is," She smiled, but Youshan could see the deviousness behind it.

An'Shen looked over at Youshan, then down at the ground shyly. He took a breath, and with his hands holding his new scarf, walked over to her. His timid stance and demeanor tore into her heart. He was incredibly adorable. As he approached her, she wondered what Zhu Fan'Hua whispered to him.

"U-Uhm..." He shifted a bit as he spoke, digging his foot a bit into the ground, "Thank you for the scarf...Youshan. I-If it's okay with you then..."

With that, he wrapped his arms around her. She could feel his warmth and body against her. She tensed up from surprise, but as she saw past his shoulder at Zhu Fan'Hua, she knew what was whispered. Zhu Fan'Hua motioned for her to hug him back.

"S-Sorry...if you don't-" An'Shen began to release her.

In a moment of panic and desperation she wrapped her arms back around him. She wasn't going to lose this moment. It was the second time he had hugged her, but this time it felt...different. As if he was nervous and unsure about where to put his hands.

"Fan'Hua...said, uhm," He spoke softly in her ear, "That if I was grateful...I should give you a hug."

"...Did she now?" She replied back softly, "Well...Thank you."

"So...you don't mind?" He asked, there was a worry to his voice.

"Not at all," She shook her head, "Quite the opposite, in fact..."

"I see," He sounded relieved as his arms tightened around her.

Youshan could see Zhu Fan'Hua watching them both. A mischievous smile upon her face. What she realized then is that both Suyin and Miss Su had a similar look. It dawned on her that they all knew. They all knew she liked An'Shen.

Her cheeks grew warm at the embarrassment, and after another moment she couldn't handle the hug anymore. Anymore and she might burst. So, with reluctance she released him. He awkwardly let go, a dumb smile on his face. Such a face was unfair.
    -----

"...You planned that," Youshan accused Zhu Fan'Hua.

"Of course I did," She smiled, not even trying to deny it.

Youshan sighed out of frustration as Zhu Fan'Hua simply felt amused. Youshan had allowed her to see quite the face from An'Shen. She was a bit jealous, cause even she had never seen such a look. Perhaps she should have made something personal as well.

"Don't tell me you're mad?" She teased Youshan, "Or would you he rather not hug you?"

"N-No that's not...Ugh!" Youshan crossed her arms, pouting, "You enjoy this, don't you?"

"Oh, very much so," Zhu Fan'Hua mused, "I love seeing An'Shen's reactions. They are the best. Doesn't it just make your heart skip?"

"...Yes," Youshan sighed, not being able to argue the point, "But, you didn't do it for his reactions..."

"Oh, I definitely did," She told her, "It's just that yours were an added bonus."

Youshan pouted even harder, sinking back into her chair.

"Now, now," Zhu Fan'Hua told her, "Don't be too upset. It worked out for you didn't it? If you're done pouting, there are a few things I'd like to discuss."

"...Fine," Youshan sat more at attention, "What do you wish to discuss?"

Zhu Fan'Hua smiled, leaning forward on her hands.

"Why, An'Shen of course."
    -----

5. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Fourteen:
    Since I've Been Gone

Zhu Fan'Hua wanted to hear all about what has happened in the last month since she left. Youshan honestly wasn't sure where to start. It was a rocky first few days.

"Well, when you first left, An'Shen was incredibly down," Youshan told her, recalling it sadly, "He put on a brave face, of course. That's how he is after all."

Zhu Fan'Hua nodded along knowingly.

"So..." Youshan continued, recalling the time she spent with An'Shen.
    -----

The day after Zhu Fan'Hua left, An'Shen smiled half-heartedly. Eating his food slowly, as if distracted. Youshan knew he was thinking about Zhu Fan'Hua, but did her best to distract him. She pulled him out of the house, claiming that fresh air was good for him.

He smiled, going along with her whims. He walked with her in the garden of the house, because any further he'd say he didn't feel like going too far. She knew it was because the house was a safe place. That Zhu Fan'Hua was there, except she wasn't.

It was hard for Youshan, as her heart ached. She had no idea how to cheer him up, but she'd keep trying. Seeing him like this was disheartening, but more than that she didn't like it. Not out of jealousy, but because he was like a puppy who was just kicked.

As if all of her instincts were screaming at her to help him. It was a frustrating thought to compare him to the creatures she worked with. He was more than that. Different. Yet, she had a hard time not seeing him as some small animal in need of care.

So, for the first couple of days she simple used patience. She didn't push him too hard, and simply took care to make sure he was comfortable. Checking in on him and making sure he wasn't alone for too long. Of course, if he needed privacy or space, she gave it to him.

For the most part, he stayed in the sitting room working on his reading lessons with Miss Su. He had improved quite a bit since he first arrived at the academy. He rarely requested time alone. When he wasn't studying with Miss Su, he was talking about Bestial Studies with Youshan.

She could tell, he didn't want to be alone. She didn't know a lot about him, but the more she heard the more she understood. He spent so many years alone and unwanted. It was no wonder he would feel as he did when Zhu Fan'Hua wasn't around. Even though Miss Su and Suyin were there, he would still feel...wrong.

So, Youshan was happy to keep him company and hopefully help in some way. After those days passed, she began to bring him out more. Taking him all over the campus. Often just a walk to stretch his legs and get some fresh air. He always went along with a simple smile.

It wasn't until a week in that anything of importance happened. They went out for lunch. A restaurant with a red tiled roof.
    -----

"This place..." An'Shen told her, "It is Zhu Fan'Hua's favorite, or...I think it is."

Youshan's heart clenched slightly at his words.

"Is it?" She said with a smile, "Why do you only think it is?"

"Well, she didn't exactly say it was," He thought for a moment, "But, some of her favorite foods are here, and...well, I don't know if it's wrong of me or not, but..."

He seemed anxious, shifting in his seat. They had gotten a private room. Miss Su was the one who urged them to go out for lunch. An'Shen chose this place, and Youshan went because he said some of his favorite foods were there. She didn't know it was also Zhu Fan'Hua's favorite.

"But...what?" Youshan prodded, trying not to show the ache in her heart.

"Maybe it's weird, taking you here," He told her, sighing, "I just...wanted to share it with you as well. You've been trying so hard to cheer me up, and since this place is special to me..."

He looked away timidly, smiling awkwardly as he shrugged. The aching of her heart eased as she realized his intent behind his choice. He wanted to share something special with her. Even though it was special to him and Zhu Fan'Hua, it was a space he wanted to take her.

"It's not weird," She told him, smiling softly, "Thank you for wanting to share this with me."

"O-Oh!" His eyes went wide with surprise, as if he was expecting her to be upset, "Yeah! No problem!"

He smiled happily, beginning to explain to her what was his favorite on the menu. Showing off his improved reading skills. Her heart warming at how proud he was of it. Yeah, she really couldn't see him as anything but a small, adorable creature. So enamored was she by his pride, that she found her body moving on its own.

She felt her hand upon his head before she could even think about it. In that moment, he paused his words, a light blush to his face, and hid slightly behind the menu. Her heart near leapt from her chest. Why did she just suddenly do that?
    -----

6. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Fifteen:
    Catching Up

"You just pet him?" Zhu Fan'Hua asked, laughing lightly, "Just like that?"

"...Shut up," Youshan scowled, "You can't tell me you've never had that happen to you?"

Zhu Fan'Hua smiled, shrugging coyly.

"Maybe," She mused, "Still, that must have been quite the shock for both of you. I wish I had been there to see it. His face must have been amazing."

Youshan nodded in response, "Oh, it was. I had to think of something to say quickly."
    -----

"A-Ah, sorry about that," Youshan quickly took her hand back, "You've worked so hard that I was just really proud of you. I hope you're not upset."

He was silent for a while, and Youshan began to panic. What if he was upset? What would she do?

"No, it's fine..." He mumbled softly, glancing at her, "I...didn't mind it. Thank you."

He slowly lowered the menu, a small smile on his face.

"I really am proud," His smile grew slightly, "I guess I got carried away..."

"Not at all," Youshan immediately interject, "You should be proud of what you've accomplished."

She said it so firmly that An'Shen looked at her with surprise. This caused her to feel embarrassed suddenly, but An'Shen seemed to be a bit more confident. He had been shrinking a bit, but now sat a bit straighter.

"Yeah, thank you," He returned to the menu, explaining all the food, but this time in a more measured way.

His demeanor changed after that. He seemed to be relaxed and quietly happy. As if he was incredibly pleased. This only increased when Youshan enjoyed the food that they had together. He was incredibly happy she enjoyed the place.

"Thank you for coming with me," He looked wistfully into the sky, "I've been feeling really lonely and empty lately, but this...this really helped."

His wistful look brightened as he glanced over at her. The look in his eyes told her he was really grateful. He still felt the way he did, but she had helped, if only a little.

"Of course, anytime An'Shen."
    -----

"So...that was it?" Zhu Fan'Hua sounded almost disappointed, "You didn't go to hold his arm? Nothing?"

Youshan blushed at the thought of it, becoming rather flustered.

"W-What? Why would I do that?" Youshan exclaimed, "As far as he knows, we're just friends...if I were to do that, then-"

"Why not? I did," She interrupted nonchalantly, "But, I suppose we are different."

"You think!" Youshan sighed heavily, "Honestly...I could never do that. Not now anyways."

"You can pet his head, but can't grab his arm?" Zhu Fan'Hua teased, leaning back in her chair, "Well, that's fine. He's a bit dense sometimes though. You have to be a bit aggressive."

"Easy for you to say," She shot back.

"Oh, it is," Zhu Fan'Hua smiled lasciviously, "He makes it quite easy as well, so...it works out."

Youshan's blush deepened at her words. She knew they were really close, and in fact knew of the Zhu Family's tradition when one got engaged. It was hard not to notice just how close her and An'Shen had gotten.

"A-Anyways..." Youshan redirected, "After that, we just spent time together more. Going for walks in the academy. Getting snacks and talking about Bestial Studies. That sort of thing."

She told her about Zheng Ya, and how she had been practicing her mana control while they were gone so she could use her abilities around him. That day was one she was still embarrassed about remembering. It was the first time An'Shen hugged her so suddenly.

"Thank you," Zhu Fan'Hua told her warmly, "That woman...I swear, if it wasn't for Dao'Ma she might be even worse."

"Dao'Ma?" Youshan wondered at the name, "Do you mean Liu Dao'Ma?"

Zhu Fan'Hua narrowed her eyes at Youshan, causing her to flinch. After a moment, she relaxed and Youshan was able to breath easily.

"You really put yourself into your studies," She sighed, rubbing the back of her head, "He forsook his families name, and as you are aware...the Liu Family are no more."

Youshan blanched, the implication clear in her words.

"So...what about his brother?" Youshan inquired, "Are they all...gone?"

"No," Zhu Fan'Hua shook her head, "You'll find out eventually, but their mother took over the family. It was renamed to the Qi'Liu, but that's for another day."

"...Right," Youshan felt it best not to press, "So, what did you mean by Dao'Ma?"

"Well, I know you've been focused on An'Shen," She gave her a sly look, "But, yes. Dao'Ma. Zheng Ya has always had her eye on him, but also it seems he's been holding her back a bit."

"Really?" Youshan thought for a moment, "That would explain why the guardians, as they've wanted to be called, have been quiet."

"Guardians?" Zhu Fan'Hua in disbelief, "Really?"

Youshan simply shrugged. The fan club she started began to call themselves "The Guardians". As they "guarded" An'Shen and Zhu Fan'Hua from bad rumors, and of course Zheng Ya. In truth, they were a group of students who wanted to protect the sanctity of love among all students.

"It's honestly outgrown what I started," Youshan explained, "But they haven't been reporting anything, and Zheng Ya has been rather silent."

"That would be Dao'Ma's doing," She seemed amused, leaning forward on her hands, "I've had people watching them. Ever since he cut ties he's been doing his best to redeem himself. That started with him interfering with Zheng Ya."

This was the first time Youshan had ever heard of this, but she was grateful. Anything to give An'Shen some peace of mind. Not to mention, it made her job and everyone else's a lot easier. Without Zheng Ya being a nuisance, things should got a lot smoother.
    -----

7. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Sixteen:
    Mana Control

Youshan always admired Zhu Fan'Hua. A beautiful girl with high academic marks. She came from a prestigious family and was fawned over by so many. Youshan felt a far cry from her. She had mousy brown hair that curled slightly, never listening to what she wanted.

She was shorter than most, and with her lifestyle was a bit more well-built than other girls her age. It was surprising to know that Zhu Fan'Hua was almost as toned as she was. Yet, she still somehow kept her figure looking like it did. The curves of her body sleek and well-defined.

"Don't tell me you're embarrassed?" Zhu Fan'Hua called after her, "Come on."

She had been invited by her to bathe together. A bonding experience. It wasn't too abnormal for women to bathe together, but it was when they were in love with the same man. Not only that, but Zhu Fan'Hua told her that if she was An'Shen's, then she was also hers.

"I-I'm not..." She lied, holding the towel to her.

"Then hurry up," She told her coolly.

Sighing to herself, Youshan let the towel drop from her and placed it on a nearby counter. She was a bit self-conscious and embarrassed. She was petite, but more muscular than other women. Even Zhu Fan'Hua.

Youshan's muscles were well-defined, even when relaxed. Bestial Studies came at the cost of high physical labor. This meant keeping ones body strong inside and out. The upside to this was that she was incredibly healthy. Her bodies conditioning was way above most others, including those in the combat courses.

"I see your cultivation is going well," Zhu Fan'Hua assessed her, "Bestial Studies must be taxing."

"It is," Youshan answered, "But...it's rewarding. Being able to play with the beasts and also caring for them is amazing."

Zhu Fan'Hua nodded along, listening. The water was warm to the touch as she stuck her foot, and then soon her entire body into the bath. Zhu Fan'Hua sat opposite her. The large tub could easily for more than three people comfortable.

"You told me you trained to refine your control," Her eyes seemed to pierce Youshan.

"...Yes?" Youshan answered warily.

"Good, show me," Zhu Fan'Hua rested her arms along the edge of the tub, waiting.

"N-Now?" Youshan saw the look in her eye and sighed, "Very well...what would you like to see?"

"Three rings," Zhu Fan'Hua held up three fingers, "With a sphere in the center. Different attributes."

"...Are you shitting me?" Youshan could only stare at her, but the look told her she was serious, "I'm barely at the Crystalized Stage."

"Then you should have no issue," Zhu Fan'Hua smirked.

"I'd say not everyone is a genius like you, but..." Youshan shrugged, "I know of your condition...even still, you've mastered quite a lot. It's astounding."

Zhu Fan'Hua said nothing, just watched her. Waiting. To create a ring of an element took control. It required focusing the mana into an element, and then forming that element into a shape. It was a basic training technique for control.

The more rings you added, the harder it got. However, that was if it was with a singular element. Adding more elements made it even harder. Zhu Fan'Hua wanted essentially four elements. Three rings and a single sphere.

Resigning herself, Youshan prepared to attempt it. The most she was confident with was two, possibly three elements. Yet, the shape was the important thing. Spheres were the easiest. It was just gathered mana into a ball.

Rings on the other hand were more difficult. You had to confine the mana and connect it in a rotating fashion. One wrong move, and the entire thing would collapse. Gathering a sphere in the center of three rings meant controlling them so they don't all collapse in on one another.

Making sure each overlapped, but did not touch. The moment they touched they would collapse, or at worse become volatile. Though that depended on the element. It also meant controlling how much mana was used in producing each. The more mana used, the easier was, but the more draining it was.

"How long do you want me to hold it for?" Youshan asked as she began to breath, circulating her mana.

"As long as you're able," She responded.

Youshan relaxed in the bath, feeling the warm water around her. Now she understood the real reason Zhu Fan'Hua asked her here. The bath would allow her to relax. She was grateful, but it would still be difficult. The most important thing in cultivation was being able to relax.

When cultivating, one must be comfortable. In a prime position to circulate and feel the mana both inside and around them. Each breath she felt the mana circulating inside of her. It was like fire, but controlled. A warmth that burned, yet did not harm. A coldness that did not freeze. A jolt that did not shock.

It was like blood, but overlapping. Each breath the flow of mana coursed through her body. She had first begun her mana circuit in her chest. The Heart Point, or Center. So, this is where she started to flow mana around and from.

She flowed it through her Limb Points. The Mana Joints. Each major point pulsing as the mana flowed through them. As they rebounded, they flowed up into her Head Point, or Crown. Sometimes called the Skull Point as well.

The Crown opened her opened her senses. As she did, they were almost overwhelmed. Gasping, she lost concentration. As soon as the mana hit her Crown Point, she sensed her. Zhu Fan'Hua. Her power was far beyond what her stage should be.

"W-What the hell..." Youshan stared at her, catching her breath, "When have you been that strong?"

"So, you've sensed it," Zhu Fan'Hua seemed amused, "I was curious if you'd be able to. After all, your senses are sharp. Do you want the truth?"

Youshan swallowed hard, afraid to even ask. Zhu Fan'Hua was supposed to be at the peak of the Crystalized Stage, but what she felt just now went far beyond it. She wasn't she if she even wanted to know, yet she was curious.

"I...don't know," She answered truthfully, "Part of me wants to know, but the other part is afraid to know."

"That's good," She nodded in understanding, "Now isn't the time, but I'll tell you this...I've always been this strong. Part of it is my condition. Now, your senses are keen...so be careful and continue."

Youshan steeled herself, nodding. To think she was always that strong, but then why was her stage only at Crystalized? There was more to it, but for now, she had to concentrate.

She resumed the flow of mana, but this time she was ready. As the mana flowed into her Crown Point, she braced herself. It wasn't as bad this time around, but the power was still there. The mana then flowed down into her Abdomen Point, or Anchor.

All this happened in a mere fraction of a second. She was practiced in circulating her mana, and so it took no time at all. The mana flowed around her Mana Circuit and found its way into her right arm. Her palm facing upwards, slightly above the surface of the water.

First, the sphere. The hardest element she could control, Lightning. She had to be careful, one wrong move and they'd both get zapped. Zhu Fan'Hua looked on with intrigue. Youshan was a bit competitive, and would meet her challenge. So why not make it interesting?

The tingling sensation of electricity in her palm began to wane as the sphere floated above her palm. Slowly, the lightning shooting from it began to lessen until finally barely leapt from the rest of it. It crackle slightly as the second element began to form. Fire.

Flowing the mana through her into the air around the sphere, she began to construct and mold the flames into a spinning ring. The flames burned, flickering before smoothing out. Contained within its shape. Youshan's focus was being tested. Split in two directions.

She poured just enough mana into both so that they would last. Too much mana and she'd wear herself out quicker. The third element she chose was that which she sat in. Water. The most malleable of all the elements, save maybe Earth. Water flowed smoothly, taking the shape of its container.

The flowing water soon began to form. A single droplet rose from the water they sat in, and soon more began to follow. Part of cultivation wasn't just using the mana inside of themselves to create, but also pull from the world around them.

One by one, droplets rose and combined. It was most likely harder to pull from the world during such a test, as you have to focus on the world around you and not just inside of yourself. Soon, the water formed a stream around the other two elements. A ring of water.

Finally, the last one. Her concentration was being strained, but she had a point to prove. Keeping three elements up and in shape was difficult. The Lightning began to crack and shoot out, but she quickly reigned it in as she focused.

Dust, bits of dirt and grime. All make up Earth. Parts of the world around us. Forming, shaping, molding like clay. Bit by bit the pieces of Earth pulled from around them, and formed from the mana she poured into the third ring.

Whether it was the warmth of the water she bathed in, or the difficulty of the task, sweat began to form on her forehead. Soon enough, however, the final ring was formed. A task that had all her attention on breathing and circulating mana.

A sphere of lightning with the elements of fire, water, and earth all spinning around it in rings. None of them touching. All of them flowing above her palm. Zhu Fan'Hua smiled, watching her. Yet, she couldn't put any attention into it.

"...Impressive," Zhu Fan'Hua praised, "Now, hold it."

Moments passed, Youshan didn't know how long. Her limbs began to feel heavy, her head began to throb. The mana inside of her was her sole focus. Circulating it properly was important. Finally, however, there was no way to continue. She had to release it.

In a final desperate act, she pushed through the strain to hold on a little while longer before the entire thing collapsed. Earth hit water, creating mud. As mud hit fire, it crackled and burned. Hardening into some form of steel and clay.

Rebounding and collapsing into lighting, it acted as a catalyst. Youshan braced for the implosion and shock she was about to take, but it didn't come. As it collapsed in on the final moment, Zhu Fan'Hua made her move. Her hand shooting out and a protective barrier appeared around it. The blast contained within.

It was harmlessly contained and thrown away. Youshan's breathing was heavy, but Zhu Fan'Hua looked pleased and impressed.

"Next time, don't push that hard," She cautioned, her voice unnaturally gentle, "Now...let's get you cleaned up."

Youshan blushed, whether from the strain or her words, as Zhu Fan'Hua helped to wipe the sweat from her, and wash her back.
    -----

8. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Seventeen:
    Going Out

Zhu Fan'Hua was impressed at Youshan's growth. She had learned such fine mana control, but was rather competitive. It wasn't a bad thing, but near the end instead of smoothly letting each element go before her limit was hit, she pushed to the very end until it collapsed. That could be dangerous.

Yet, she was satisfied. Youshan had proven herself and she was no confident with An'Shen's safety while with her. She had been worried and ordered Suyin to observe from the shadows. Hidden away just in case.

Suyin had been with An'Shen enough to have grown used to his interference. She wondered just what his condition was. It nullified some peoples mana entirely, while for others it simply impaired them. Was it all about the control of the persons mana or their level of power?

It was concerning. If An'Shen came into contact with someone capable of pushing through such a condition, he'd be in danger. Most panicked when they couldn't control their mana, which made it even more difficult. That wouldn't always be the case.

Sighing to herself, she gently took Youshan and began to help her wash herself. She had worked hard, and could appreciate that. Youshan was one of her people now. She had said so herself when she took on the test to make An'Shen love her.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't a bit apprehensive. Though it wasn't about Youshan and An'Shen. No, it was about something more than that. The truth. Youshan had no idea who Zhu Fan'Hua really was. Would she be able to handle it?

Running her hands through Youshan's hair, she tried to dismiss the thought for now. What mattered was making sure everything went smoothly. The Liu Family was no longer a threat. The Gao Family had been punished and the Inner Courts were starting to fall in line. The Li'Yu Family no longer held control over An'Shen.

Plum City was being delegated to the Wang Family for now until a new master was appointed. An'Shen and Zhu Fan'Hua shared themselves with one another. Everything was finally settling down. With Zheng Ya under control a bit, she could finally start to think of An'Shen in his entirety.

"Youshan..." Zhu Fan'Hua called, "You've always told me you have keen senses."

"Y-Yes?" Youshan glanced back at her, confused.

"So, does that not work with An'Shen?" She mused, a slight smirk to her lips.

Before Youshan could answer, and as a rather surprised look appeared on Youshan's face, Zhu Fan'Hua poured water over her head. Rinsing her hair out. Youshan gasped at the suddenness, but it allowed her to think more before she responded.

"Why do you say that?" She asked, sounding a bit hurt, "I pay a lot of attention to him. Maybe not as much as you, but-"

"I'm not criticizing, Youshan," Zhu Fan'Hua reassured her, "I know you love him. That's not in question. I just wonder...how much have you noticed?"

"That's..." Youshan thought for a moment, seemingly trying to understand.

"Tomorrow," Zhu Fan'Hua stated, "You two will go out. Alone. When you get back, I want you to tell me what you've noticed."

Youshan remained silent, but nodded. Together, they finished their bath and retired for the night.
    ------

Youshan thought about her bath all night. Spending time with Zhu Fan'Hua was a strange occurrence. Not that it was bad, but rather she never thought it would be possible. On top of that, tomorrow she would be going out with An'Shen. Was it a date?

She could hardly sleep thinking about it. What were they going to do? Before she even realized, morning had arrived. She dressed in as best an outfit as she could without overdoing it. Forsaking her typical school uniform, she wore a more comfortable robe set. A series of beige and browns. She preferred more natural colors.

Looking at herself in the mirror several times, she wondered if she looked alright. Her hair was styled in a loose, single plait braid. Taking a breath, she left her room that was given to meet with An'Shen.

As she left, she stumbled across quite an amusing scene. An'Shen was being shooed out of his room by Miss Su. The moment Miss Su saw her, she smiled and motioned to An'Shen. Were they all really on board with this? Sighing to herself, she walked closer, barely hearing the last of the conversation.

"-get ready!" An'Shen seemed to protest.

"Nonsense! It's just fine," Miss Su told him, "Now go."

He sighed to himself as Miss Su blocked the door to his room. Adjusting his clothing, Youshan smiled, hiding a blush. He was taller than her by just a bit, but still felt so small. His demeanor and clothing gave him quite the demure appearance. His smile was awkward as he greeted her.

"It seems...we are to go out today?" He laughed lightly, rubbing the back of his neck.

He wore a nice, form fitting upper robe with long sleeves. Underneath she could see a second, more formfitting shirt that was for warmth. The lower part of his robe was straight, and fell to just below his ankles. What caught her attention was the matching colors.

Both of them wore beige, tan clothing today. His held some embroidery that hers didn't, but overall they matched in color. What also drew her attention was the scarf he wore. It was the same one that she made for him. Given to him just the other day.

"It seems like it," Youshan smiled, "And I see you like the scarf?"

His face grew shy as he hid within the scarf a bit.

"...Yeah," He mumbled, "Thank you."

How could he be taller than her, yet be so adorable and seem so small? Taking a breath to relax herself, she offered to get going. He nodded, and as they went to walk away, she felt something catch on her sleeve. Looking down, she noticed An'Shen had subconsciously grabbed the edge of her sleeve.

"...An'Shen?" She questioned, her heart leaping from its place in her chest.

He looked towards her, completely unaware. As he followed her gaze, his face grew red as he released her sleeve in surprise.

"I-I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed, his hand going up to the scarf to hide his face more, "I didn't mean to...I mean...that must have been inappropriate of me..."

Youshan wondered at why he was so nervous. He didn't do anything wrong. She simply wondered why he had grabbed her sleeve.

"No, it's fine," She smiled to give him reassurance, "I was just curious if something was wrong."

"Uhm...no?" He said dubiously, "I mean, I don't think so? I guess I just did it subconsciously...I'm sorry."

Maybe it was something he did with Zhu Fan'Hua, and now that she's returned, his habits are rubbing off on her. Yet, why did her heart feel so warm? Why was it beating so fast?

"Please, don't apologize," She told him sincerely.

"Be more aggressive," Zhu Fan'Hua's words chimed in her head.

Why did they appear now? Looking up at An'Shen nervously unsure of what he should do, Youshan steeled herself. He wasn't going to know it was okay without some kind of intervention. She understood the words now.

Reaching up, she grabbed his hand and placed it on her sleeve. Smiling up at him, he was looking at her with surprise and a slight, tender smile.

"Are you sure?" He asked, shifting a bit.

"Of course," She told him confidently, though her heart was racing a million miles an hour, "It really is fine."

As she said that, his hand tightened on her sleeve as he nodded. The two of them finally walked out of the house. There was a place Youshan had in mind to take him, but she wondered at the words Zhu Fan'Hua told her. The purpose of today.
    -----

9. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Eighteen:
    Feelings Revealed

Youshan and An'Shen left to walk around the academy. Together they spent the day relaxing, eating, and otherwise just enjoying the day. Youshan watched him the entire time. She was supposed to see something with him, but he seemed the same as always.

Nervous, timid, cute. All of those things were An'Shen. Caring, kind, considerate. There wasn't a moment he didn't think about her at all. When it came to food, he always asked her opinion. When it came to where to go, he was always making sure it was okay with her.

That's just who he was. What was she supposed to notice? She already knew he was adorable, and that he held a pain inside of him. The only thing which was changed from previous days, was that he held tightly to her sleeve.

After giving him permission, and showing him it was okay, there wasn't a single moment he let go if he didn't have to. It was adorable. Yet, something kept screaming at her. It was an odd feeling. As if something in her heart was bursting, yet at the same time clenched and twisted.

As the day wore on, Youshan still did not see anything in An'Shen that she didn't notice before. There was one final stop. It was a bit of a walk, and so they had to start early. Leaving the campus grounds, they entered the forests around the academy.

An'Shen stayed close, trying his best to keep up. His stamina had improved quite a bit, but the walk was still difficult for him. She stopped when he needed, and made sure he was hydrated along the way.

"An'Shen," Youshan told him as they continued the walk, "If at any time you're uncomfortable, let me know, alright?"

"Uncomfortable?" He asked, confused, "Why would I be...Oh."

Youshan knew he was afraid of heights, and the place they were going was quite high up. Yet, it gave a view she believed he'd appreciate. In the waning light of day, the golden rays of the autumn sun setting on the horizon gave the entire land a stunning glow. An outcropping high in the mountains oversaw the island.

An'Shen immediately clung to her. His arms wrapping tightly around her arm as his body became rigid. She had no time to react, and the suddenness of it all caused her heart to flip on itself.

"Sorry, I tried to warn you..." She apologized.

She led him carefully, slowly over to get a better few. His arms locked around hers as he let her lead him.

"It's alright, I won't let you fall," She reassured him.

"...I-I know," He smiled bravely.

"I thought I'd show you this place," She explained, "It's my favorite place. I come here sometimes to think and clear my head. You shared with me your favorite things, and so...I thought I'd do the same."

"...Thank you," He whispered, smiling warmly, "It's really beautiful."

As he gazed out from where they were, his words seemed to finally hit her. He knew she wouldn't let him fall? He didn't cling to her out of fear. There were plenty of trees or outcroppings around to hold onto.

His eyes took in the sight, a wonder and awe to them. There wasn't fear, despite being so high up. No, he clung to her because he knew she was safety. The tightening and clenching of her heart began to unwind as her senses finally kicked in when it came to An'Shen.

Before, she would think his actions were just how he was. Flashes of his reactions to her ran through her head. The way he reacted to his other friends overlapped. There were inconsistencies. The only similarities were with his reactions to Zhu Fan'Hua.

Her words finally making sense. Her senses when it came to An'Shen were blocked. She had been locked into thinking he only thought of her as a friend. That there was no chance he'd ever like her. This caused a block in her perception. Now, everything began to feel different.

His arms around her felt more relaxed than rigid. His demeanor seemed to change from friendly, to close. Her body felt warm, and she knew she was blushing. Gathering herself, she drew his attention.

"An'Shen..." She cautiously called out to him, "Can I ask you something?"

"Huh? Of course," He stated, confused only that she questioned it.

"Okay, well..." She took a breath, steadying herself, "Do you...like me? Like, actually like me?"

She winced, waiting for his laughter or denial. Looking away because the sight of his face would be too painful if she was wrong, but there was only silence.

"An'Shen?" She asked, "You could say something, you know...Ah."

As she said this, she looked up to realize why he was so silent. His face was stuck in a state of fear and embarrassment. That's when she knew it. He did like her. When did that happen? How did that happen?

"...I see," Youshan muttered to herself.

Zhu Fan'Hua knew it this entire time. Youshan had to see it for herself. That's what she meant when she said her senses were keen, except when it came to An'Shen.

"D-Does that...Are you going to leave?" An'Shen's voice cracked, as if he was on the verge of tears.

His arms tightened around her arm, as if he didn't want to let go. He was afraid. Zhu Fan'Hua was right again. An'Shen was afraid to lose her. She had been so blind and foolish.

"An'Shen...this fool," She thought to herself, smiling up at him.

Reaching her free arm up, he flinched, but as her hand gently cupped his cheek he relaxed. She wiped the beginning of his tears away.

"Ridiculous," She told him, "Why would I leave because of that?"

"I-I don't know..." He shifted around, an agonized expression on his face, "I shouldn't feel like this, right? Fan'Hua...if she knew..."

Youshan's heart felt heavy. He was worried he'd lose Zhu Fan'Hua as well. He held this in because he didn't want to lose either of them. He was such a fool, but in a loveable way. She wasn't the only one blind.

"What about me?" A familiar voice called out.

Stepping from the woods around them was Zhu Fan'Hua. She wore a beautiful, flowing light blue robe. She looked upon them with serenity.

"F-Fan'Hua!" An'Shen exclaimed, attempting to pull back from Youshan.

However, Youshan held onto him. He looked down at her in confusion.

"Oh my," Zhu Fan'Hua teased, "Holding so tightly to him, Youshan?"

"D-Don't hurt her," An'Shen pleaded, "This is my fault, I-"

"An'Shen," Youshan interrupted, "Relax."

An'Shen was completely flustered, and Zhu Fan'Hua took that moment to act.
    -----

10. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Ninteen:
    Teasing Revelations

Zhu Fan'Hua had watched them. Waiting for the moment to appear. She knew An'Shen would feel guilty. She knew he wouldn't be able to act without a slight push. He was tender, kind, and above all timid.

Youshan couldn't realize he had already understood his feelings for her. So, the moment it dawned on her was the perfect moment to appear. The reactions she saw from An'Shen were amazing. Her heart pounded in her chest as she approached them.

Separating the two of them, she pulled Youshan to her. An arm wrapping around her, and the other hand cupping her chin. An'Shen was confused, a reaction that was quite appetizing.

"Don't you think she's rather cute?" Zhu Fan'Hua asked him.

"F-Fan'Hua?" An'Shen swallowed hard, flustered.

"Z-Zhu Fan'Hua..." Youshan blushed, looking up at her.

"What's going on?" An'Shen demanded, though his face told a different story.

Zhu Fan'Hua smiled up at his adorable, flustered self. Putting her face close to Youshan as they both looked at him. With their faces so close, she could feel the warmth of Youshan. She was blushing, embarrassed.

"J-Just tell him..." Youshan muttered.

"Now that's no fun," She cooed, "I want to see more of his reactions...and yours."

Her eyes glanced over to Youshan, a finger tracing along her cheek. This let out a squeak not unlike An'Shen's. A pleasurable smile crossing Zhu Fan'Hua's face.

"H-Hey!" An'Shen spoke up, an in quite the display of protectiveness, grabbed Youshan from her arms.

Pleasantly surprised, she watched as An'Shen hugged Youshan to him. Wrapping his arms around her head protectively. Zhu Fan'Hua took in a wonderful sight. Youshan was bright red.

"Don't tease her like that..." An'Shen frowned.

"Would you rather..." Zhu Fan'Hua moved closer to him, her hand touching his own cheek lightly, "That I tease you?"

He blushed, flustering quite a bit.

"Wh-What's gotten into you?" He asked, holding Youshan closer.

"...My love," Zhu Fan'Hua whispered into his ear, "If you don't understand it yet, why don't you take a look at Youshan's face."

Confused, but obeying, he looked down to see Youshan's blushing, flustered face as he holds her to him. A realization coming across his face.

"Don't let go," Zhu Fan'Hua told him, "She rarely gets these moments, but...perhaps she'll get more."

"...So," An'Shen finally realized, "You're saying...you're not mad?"

"Of course not, my love," She took a step back, holding his face with her hand, "Who do you think planned this?"

"You...Why?" He asked, tensing a bit.

"An'Shen, my love," Zhu Fan'Hua told him, "I have told you. I would do anything for you. I knew for a while that this was inevitable. You've lost too much, I was not letting you lose someone else. However, she is the only exception."

Her words were the final thing he needed. His body relaxed, and a smile crept across his face. That dumb, stupid smile of his. She loved it. That smile was the one smile of all his smiles she cherished the most.

It was a smile that touched her heart. It dug deep and told her he was happy. He was genuinely touched by the care he was receiving.

"So...I'm not losing anyone?" His words held pain, but he was relieved.

"Of course not," She told him, "Now...Are you two going to kiss, or what?"

The sudden confrontation brought them both to blushing. Zhu Fan'Hua smiled deviously, walking over to them.

"Perhaps, you need a demonstration?" She made sure Youshan was watching, "You take his face like this, and..."

Gripping his chin firmly, yet tenderly, she kissed him deeply. Pulling his lips to her. Zhu Fan'Hua grew rather excited, knowing that Youshan was right there, between the both of them. Their kiss left An'Shen breathless and Youshan an entire mess of blushing.

"...I see it'll take time," Zhu Fan'Hua laughed lightly.

Together, they enjoyed the view for a while as their new dynamic settled upon them.
    -----

11. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty:
    Study Session

With Youshan finally joining Zhu Fan'Hua and An'Shen, things began to change. Youshan moved into their residence on campus permanently. Making those living there no totally five. It was large enough to accommodate everyone comfortably, and the entertainment was endless.

Zhu Fan'Hua watched in amusement as those two adjusted. She thought to herself if this was what it was like after she confessed to An'Shen. He had been rather nervous an awkward, but Zhu Fan'Hua had been a bit more aggressive. She didn't leave him alone.

However, Youshan was almost as skittish as An'Shen. Whenever they saw each other in the hallways, they'd jump like rabbits. They'd laugh it off, and then go about their way. Sometimes, they'd linger a little longer, making small conversation. It was rather adorable, but frustrating.

Zhu Fan'Hua had patience, but for this she may have to step in. Whether it was when they were all eating together, just casually passing by, or going for walks. They just couldn't look at each other for more than a few seconds before blushing awkwardly.

"...I think An'Shen doubled," Zhu Fan'Hua mused to Suyin and Miss Su, "I didn't think Youshan would be so skittish."

"Not everyone is like you," Suyin told her, "However, I think you're right."

"Nonsense," Miss Su disagreed, "An'Shen is definitely a lot more timid. Youshan just needs that push. I've seen her. She takes charge quite easily."

"Perhaps," Zhu Fan'Hua thought to herself, "Even so, if this continues, then neither of them will be comfortable with one another."

"It'll create a rift between them..." Miss Su said sullenly.

"...A rift," Zhu Fan'Hua sighed, "After all this..."

"So, what do you have in mind?" Suyin asked her.

"Why do you think I have a plan?" Zhu Fan'Hua raised an eyebrow at her.

"...Young Miss, you're smiling," Suyin stated simply.

Zhu Fan'Hua didn't respond, as she realized Suyin was right. Sighing to herself, she did have a plan.
    -----

After several days of awkwardness, Zhu Fan'Hua's plan was set into motion. As An'Shen went to learn from Miss Su, he found that she was busy and couldn't teach him today. When Youshan went to train with Suyin, as she was learning some combat, she found that she was also busy. Afterall, Miss Su and Suyin needed breaks every now and then too. So they had a date.

With those two out of the way, the only course of action was to either leave the house for learning, or for An'Shen and Youshan to study together again. Zhu Fan'Hua had business to attend to, and thus instructed that perhaps they should study together. With no other course of action, the began to ready themselves.

Sitting awkwardly apart from one another, Youshan and An'Shen greeted each other. Zhu Fan'Hua, of course, watched over them. She had no business to attend to except overseeing these two fools. She watched as they clumsily began working. Starting where they left off before.

The first plan was to remind them that they could act normally around each other. It was a success. As Youshan taught An'Shen about the things they were learning before, they became more relaxed. Their talking became easier and more normal.

Everything was going well until An'Shen dropped his pencil. The moment he did, they both looked towards it. It was as if Zhu Fan'Hua saw everything in slow motion. Their hands reaching for it at the same time, and upon their skin-on-skin contact, they froze.

Looking at one another, their awkward smiles turned to blushing. Zhu Fan'Hua sighed, ready to step in and berate their foolishness. However, as An'Shen apologized, Youshan seemed to steel herself.

"No," She shook her head, "It's alright...after all, we're supposed to be lovers now, right?"

"R-Right..." An'Shen did his best to hide his blushing face, "I guess...it's just a bit strange."

"Is it?" Youshan questioned, though she blushed as well.

As she said this, she put her hand over his on the pencil. Squeezing tightly, her eyes looking straight into his. Zhu Fan'Hua watched as Youshan took a page from her own book. Her free hand reaching up to his face, grabbing him by the chin.

"You know..." Youshan whispered, "It's unfair."

"W-What is?" He flustered, blushing, his eyes darting around.

"You..." She breathed heavily, "Your face looking like that. I've been holding back you know."

"Y-You have?" He swallowed hard.

Zhu Fan'Hua watched on, her own heart racing. What a scene she was seeing. Her plan was working better than expected. She watched on, intrigued by this development.

"Mhm," Youshan nodded, leaning up towards him, "My heart races every time I see you. Here, feel it."

Youshan took his hand from the pencil, letting it drop away as she brought his hand up to her chest. Zhu Fan'Hua felt herself warm up at the sight. She wasn't jealous, but rather aroused. His hand placed firmly over Youshan's breasts, most likely feeling the beat of her heart.

"Can you feel it?" She asked him softly, "My heart?"

He nodded, his cheeks flushed. She could tell he was breathing heavily. Her eyes drifted down, and sure enough Zhu Fan'Hua saw that he was aroused. She saw as Youshan's eyes were also drawn to his erection. Her mouth slightly opened in a satisfied smirk, her tongue running along her teeth.

"Youshan you sly woman," Zhu Fan'Hua praised in her head.

"I-It's fast..." He tried looking away, but Youshan didn't allow it.

"It is," She confirmed, "Now then...I can't wait any longer."

"W-Wait for wha-" He didn't get to finish the sentence.

Youshan pulled him down to her the rest of the way as she kissed him. Zhu Fan'Hua nearly gasped out loud, if not for biting her lip slightly to stop herself. Her body felt warm as she saw the two of them locked together in a rather hot, passionate kiss. For a first kiss, it was incredibly steamy.

His hand upon Youshan's chest, she held it there. Her hand gripping his face tenderly. She rose to greet him, and from her force and his submissive nature, he soon fell backwards. Zhu Fan'Hua saw it coming and moved.

Silently, softly, she was underneath him before he could hit the ground. Despite her appearance, they didn't notice her presence. They continued to kiss, ignorant of her being there. Zhu Fan'Hua felt her body temperature rise even higher. She wanted it as well.

"Save some for me, will you?" Zhu Fan'Hua made her presence known, much to their surprise.

As Youshan broke away from An'Shen, she realized the position she was in. Immediately squeaking at the feeling of his cock pressed against her thigh. Zhu Fan'Hua noticed it and smirked.

"I-I'm sorry," She flustered, "I got carried away and-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Zhu Fan'Hua pulled her in. With An'Shen underneath them, he was sure to get a show. Her lips locked with Youshan. Youshan whimpered slightly, a soft moan as Zhu Fan'Hua kissed her. Surprised as she was, her body soon relaxed and leaned into the kiss.

Zhu Fan'Hua watched, eyes half-opened to take in her reaction. It was the first time she ever kissed a woman. It was only slightly different than kissing An'Shen. Both of them tasted rather sweet. Perhaps it was because she had just kissed An'Shen. An'Shen, on the other hand, watched with eyes wide. His mouth slightly open, she saw his tongue move across his lips as if in anticipation. He was definitely turned on.

Breaking away from Youshan, she left her breathless as she collapsed onto An'Shen's chest.

"Now...that was delicious," Zhu Fan'Hua smiled, touching her lips provocatively, "However, I believe you two should be studying?"

Seemingly disheartened, they began to get back up, sitting down in their respective places.

"Don't worry," Zhu Fan'Hua told them, "We'll finish this later."

They sheepishly shrunk down a bit, but both smiled, pleased with themselves.
    -----

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  12. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-One:
    Birthdays

After the other day when studying, Youshan would often find me for a repeat. Her kisses were different from Zhu Fan'Hua, but only in that she pulled me down, rather than up. She would grab the collar of my robes and pull me in. It was embarrassing, but I didn't mind it.

Zhu Fan'Hua would often tease me, and there were a several occasions where she'd even join. My heart races just thinking about it. Today, however, I found myself alone. It seemed that everyone was busy, even Youshan.

Since I didn't feel like studying, I wandered the house in search of something to do. Maybe I'd catch someone and see what was going on. It was almost midday when I saw Suyin finally. I was sitting out in the garden when I saw her land from, what I assumed, was her patrol.

"Suyin!" I called after her in hopes of getting some information.

"Oh, Young Master," Suyin looked at me with surprise, "Is everything alright?"

"I mean, I think so?" I wondered if it was alright for me to ask, "I just...everyone seems so busy, but I don't know why. I've been alone all day so far."

Her look of surprise grew as she placed her hand to her chin in thought. As if she was contemplating telling me something, but wasn't sure.

"Please, if you know anything..." I frowned, trying my best to plead with her, "I feel like I'm missing something."

"You really don't know?" Suyin seemed skeptical, but what she said next intrigued me, "Honestly...what is the Young Miss thinking."

"What do you mean?" I asked, hoping to hear more.

"Well..." Suyin glanced at me, as if judging how to say it, "You'll find out eventually, but it's better if you here it beforehand. I'm sure you'll want to do something...In fact, that may be why she didn't say anything."

"Hrmm," I frowned even more, becoming a bit frustrated, "Please, just tell me."

"Alright, alright," She held her hands to calm me down, "Just relax."

She placed a hand on top of my head, which did calm me. Though I found myself embarrassed and pouted slightly.

"It's been fall for a while now," Suyin explained, "Which means it's almost the Young Miss's Birthday."

"What!" I exclaimed louder than I expected.

I shrunk a bit, my cheeks heated as I looked at Suyin apologetically. She laughed lightly, letting go of my head.

"Is it really her birth day?" I asked, this time a lot softer.

"Yes, in a few days," Suyin looked at me as if judging something, "To be precise...it's in three days."

Three days. Her birthday was in three days, and I didn't know. How could I have not known about something so important? Back at the Li'Yu Family they always held grand birthday banquets and celebrations for their children. Of course, that didn't include me. They never celebrated my birthday.

However, this was Fan'Hua's birthday. I had to do something for her. I have been told that gifts are often given on birthdays, but what could I get her? The last time I tried to get a gift for her, I ended up doing so with her money. I had to think of something, but it was quite frustrating. I had no money of my own, and I wasn't good at creating anything.

"Hey," Suyin poked my cheek gently, leaning down with a soft smile, "Don't think too hard. If you need help, just ask me, alright? I've known the Young Miss longest, so if you need anything, let me know."

I smiled gratefully, but shook my head.

"I'll think of something, but in case I can't, I'll let you know," I then gave her a quick hug before running off, waving back at her, "Thank you for telling me!"

The last I saw of Suyin, she was smiling and shaking her head. My thoughts then turned quickly to what I should get Fan'Hua, the girl who had everything. Perhaps...I blushed before the thought even fully formed.
    -----

"An'Shen asked about my birthday?" Zhu Fan'Hua looked up from her paperwork.

"Not exactly," Suyin told her, looking out the window at him.

After running away, he realized it may not be the best idea to leave without an escort. With everyone busy, he was idling the time away near the pond in the garden.

"Everyone is busy," Suyin continued to tell her, shifting to look at her, "More so than usual in preparation. Miss Su was out shopping for ingredients, Youshan is looking for a gift, and the Young Master is...well, he was wondering what was going on."

"Miss Su?" Zhu Fan'Hua raised an eyebrow, a sly smile on her face, "Honestly, you're so professional. You've been together for so long, yet still use her title?"

Suyin nervously shifted, a slight pink to her cheeks. Looking over at Miss Su who was smiling, waiting for her answer.

"Yes, Suyin," Miss Su inquired, "Why don't you use my name?"

"...I use your name, just not when I'm working," Suyin muttered, shifting even more under her gaze, "And that's not fair, I only have the one."

Miss Su giggled behind her hand, much to Suyin's chagrin.

"Right, right," Zhu Fan'Hua smiled, sighing before growing serious, "So, did he not know about my birthday?"

"Well, someone didn't tell him," Suyin accused, shooting her a look of accusation.

"I..." Zhu Fan'Hua thought for a moment, and she was right, "I guess I didn't."

Zhu Fan'Hua brought the pen she had been using up to her lips in thought. She really hadn't thought about it before. There were so many more things going on that there wasn't a time it was brought up. Which was curious, why did he never ask?

"I'll be honest," Suyin spoke up, "I thought you didn't tell him on purpose."

"No, not at all," Zhu Fan'Hua tilted her head, looking towards Miss Su, "He never brought it up either. Then again, I never did ask about his either. Do you know why that might be?"

Miss Su grew real quiet, it seemed she knew something. Her face twisted as if pained.

"If you know something, then-" Zhu Fan'Hua narrowed her eyes towards her.

"Young Miss," Miss Su interjected, "I apologize, but you should ask him about that, not me."

She gave an apologetic smile, but Zhu Fan'Hua acquiesced. Standing up, she went to do just that.
    -----

13. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Two:
    Lie of the Birth Day

Finding her way to An'Shen, Zhu Fan'Hua was a bit anxious. Birthdays had never come up before, and now she realized she didn't know the most important thing. Had she missed his birthday already? That couldn't be. He had told her he was sixteen just a couple months back.

Had his birthday come between then and now? Her thoughts were in a frenzy as she entered the garden. An'Shen was running his hand through the water of the pond. Despite the cool autumn day, he seemed to be enjoying it.

"An'Shen?" Zhu Fan'Hua called out, kneeling down beside him, "Mind if I join you?"

He jumped slightly, but looked up at her with a smile.

"Of course, my love," He told her, moving to lean against her, "You are always welcome to join me, you know that."

"Ha, I suppose I do," Her tone was cool, collected, but her heart was in chaos, "How are you today?"

"Me? Oh, well..." He looked away as if in thought, "I'm alright, but..."

"But?" Zhu Fan'Hua looked down at him, smiling gently.

"...Your birth day," He muttered, sighing, "I just found out it's in three days."

"Yes, it is," She wrapped an arm around him, hugging him from the side, "Are you upset I didn't tell you before now?"

"No," He shook his head, "You probably had your reasons, but...it's a big deal, isn't it?"

She was silent for a moment, listening to his words and the tone. He didn't seem to be upset, but he was distracted.

"For some, it can be," She replied, closing her eyes to think for a moment, "But, I didn't really have a reason...save that I forgot."

"You forgot?" He sounded skeptical.

"Yes," Sighing, she opened her eyes, looking down at him once more, "I hope you can forgive me. I did not mean to hide it from you."

"It's alright," He smiled brightly, "But now that I know I'll make sure to not forget!"

He sounded so sure of himself, and the way he clenched his fist to his chest was just adorable. Yet, her heart felt like it was being stabbed.

"An'Shen," She questioned, holding him closer, "Why didn't you ever ask me about it?"

"Ah, I guess...I never thought of it either," He scratched his cheek, embarrassed, "I just thought that once winter comes and goes, you'll be a year older. So, I didn't think to ask when you celebrate it."

Zhu Fan'Hua found his choice of words to be slightly strange. While it is true she would be a year older then, as her birthday was in a few days, it wasn't because winter had passed.

"An'Shen, do you know what a birthday is?" The pain in her heart grew stronger.

"Huh? I mean, yeah," He tilted his head as if she was saying something weird, "It's when you celebrate your birth before the new year, right?"

Her blood grew cold at how wrong he was. Her hold on him grew more tender, loving as she smiled sadly.

"Can you...tell me about that?" She asked him, wanting to understand how he thought this way.

"Don't you know about birth days?" He asked back, shifting around slightly.

"Yes, but...I'd like to hear you tell me," She explained as nonchalantly as she could.

"Well...if you say so," An'Shen gave in and explained it to her, "A birth day is the day a family chooses to celebrate someone before the change of the new year. Once a year has passed, they are older."

Her heart beat heavily in her chest as she listened.

"Before then, however, they must act as if they are that age," His brow was furrowed, as if he was explaining something everyone knew, "So, they celebrate in order to prepare them for it. Even treating them as that age."

He seemed so sure of his information, and was confident enough to give her a look as if she was crazy for even asking the information.

"Did you not know this?" He asked once more, "You seem...surprised."

She couldn't take it anymore. The pain in her heart was too much. Her arms wrapping around him in a tight embrace. In this moment, he was that child again. The same one she met all those years ago.

"An'Shen...that's not how birthdays work," She whispered to him, "Who told you that?"

"What? Of course it is," He seemed pretty adamant as he struggled to look up at her through her hug, "I mean, the Li'Yu Family always had several birth days throughout the year, and that's what even the servants said. It was always big celebrations and gifts. To make them act like the age they would be next year. They couldn't have them all at once, cause it would be unfair."

"...Oh, my love," Her face twisted in sympathy, "They lied to you. That's not...When is your birthday?"

"I don't have one," He answered immediately, as if it was fact, "It was never celebrated. I would turn the next age after winter. Though, I sometimes held a small celebration myself. Miss Su even made me a tiny cake once!"

He seemed really happy about it, and it tore at her heart. She steeled herself for the conversation she was about to have with him. She watched as his face went from being so sure of what he was told, to being broken. His face crestfallen as he realized the lie.

"I guess...that makes more sense," He hid his face in his hands as she hugged him to her once more, "I mean, it was them...I thought since even the servants didn't say anything, I just thought..."

"It's alright," Zhu Fan'Hua comforted him, "It's not your fault."

She held him as he accepted the truth of it now. She simply had one thing on her mind now. Why didn't Miss Su or Lord Yi'Dao say anything to him? They let him believe this lie for so long.
    -----

14. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Three:
    Illusion Lifted

"Why didn't you say anything?" Zhu Fan'Hua fumed, glaring at Miss Su.

She wilted a bit, holding her arms to her chest. Suyin stood between them, unsure what to do or say. Zhu Fan'Hua was angry. This was the first time she couldn't just forgive her. She let him believe that lie for years.

"How long?" She asked her through clenched teeth, "How long did you go without telling him?"

Miss Su's face twisted in remorse and pain.

"I...I didn't even know," She finally said, stuttering as tears formed, "I had just started out there. I had no idea he was told that. He would always celebrate his birth day in winter. So I just assumed that was his birthday..."

Zhu Fan'Hua looked away from Miss Su to think for a moment. She was angry, but not without reason. What she said made sense. There was a lot that Miss Su didn't even know. Even though she was assigned to him, she was kept in the dark.

At the time, she also had no one backing her. Something Zhu Fan'Hua had to keep in mind. She had just been a servant in a nobles estate. To go against them, or even question them, was never a good thing. Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself as she motioned for everyone to sit.

As they did, she poured them all tea herself. It gave her time to think, and she wasn't above pouring her own drinks. Once everyone had their cup, she sat back in her chair to take a sip.

"So, you didn't know," She stated, watching Miss Su coolly, "Then, how do you know now?"

Miss Su stared into her tea, her eyes filled with regret.

"The year I was fired," She sighed, her entire body going lax, "When I learned, I tried finding out when his actual birthday was, so we could celebrate it and I could explain, but..."

She took a sip from her tea, looking away sadly.

"I didn't have time," She told them, shaking her head, "I couldn't even figure out when his real birthday was."

"So...neither you, nor Lord Yi'Dao knew?" Zhu Fan'Hua's heart was heavy, "Lord Yi'Dao had to of known."

"I don't know," Miss Su told her, shrugging, "He was around longer than I was, so if he did know...he didn't say anything. He also seemed just as surprised as I was when I learned the truth."

"...Then he learned it at the same time as you," Zhu Fan'Hua shook her head in disbelief, "How could they keep such a secret among themselves without either of you knowing. It's astounding. They went to such great lengths...they knew who would help him. Devious bastards."

"I agree," Suyin chimed in for the first time, "You said even the servants told him that lie?"

"Yes," Zhu Fan'Hua nodded, looking over at Miss Su, "That's why I thought she knew as well."

"No, not at all," Her face told Zhu Fan'Hua she was telling the truth, "Everyone talked about birthdays as normal. It never occurred to me. Even when mentioning it to him, he just took it in stride."

The only solace Zhu Fan'Hua took in this was that those involved, servants and otherwise, were no longer a problem. However, things had to change. Just what other lies were told to him?
    -----

An'Shen was spending time with Youshan while Zhu Fan'Hua confronted Miss Su. It was the first time she didn't think she'd be able to forgive her, but she wasn't at fault. It's hard to be at fault for things you didn't know. Miss Su wasn't that good at lying, and she was loyal. Thinking otherwise was something Zhu Fan'Hua didn't want to do.

It was always a possibility that even the closest ones to her could betray her. She hoped against hope that it wasn't the case. Suyin, her most trusted aide and friend, was Miss Su's lover. She trusted Suyin more than anyone, and if she trusted Miss Su, then she would do her best to as well. Yet, when it came to An'Shen, she was definitely overprotective.

She had to remind herself just how much Miss Su cared for An'Shen. She wanted her to hear it from him, because otherwise it might have been unbelievable. To think he believed it so much that it took her an entire hour to explain it. He kept refusing the truth until he saw just how serious she was about it.

That kind of ingrained belief was something drilled into him for a long time, or most likely was told to him at a very young age. Young children were sponges for anything you told them. If you kept up on what you told them, it would solidify into reality as the years went on.

Miss Su had no idea when his birthday was, and An'Shen now had no idea either. Part of her wanted to say it was just a joke. That she was lying to him rather than seeing his pain at realizing the truth. Perhaps, if Lord Yi'Dao knew and only feigned surprise, that was the reason. His fragile peace of mind was too precious to break, and yet it had to be done.

It took her to do it, but she did it. It still hurt, but as she found him with Youshan, he embraced her as normal. She, however, embraced him more closely and firmly than usual. Looking over her shoulder at Youshan.

As their eyes met, she seemed to understand. They needed to talk.
    -----

15. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Four:
    Planning

"What?" Youshan looked at her in disbelief.

"I agree," Zhu Fan'Hua nodded, "I was quite shocked myself..."

Youshan had a hard time accepting what she was just told. An'Shen didn't have a birthday. No, it's that he didn't know when it was. According to Zhu Fan'Hua, he always thought how old you were, were the number of winters you've been through.

"So, is he really sixteen?" Youshan wondered at the implications this could mean, "If he's counted just the winters he's seen..."

"I understand, but yes, he's sixteen," Zhu Fan'Hua sighed, shaking her head, "I checked, and apparently he was told the winters he was alive before he could count them himself. So this winter, he would be seventeen, but...he might be already."

"That's..." Youshan felt an anger building up in her, "How could they do that? What if they missed a year?"

"I don't know," Zhu Fan'Hua shrugged, "The Li'Yu Family are no longer around, so they won't be causing any more trouble."

"Still, what other things did they lie about?" She just couldn't accept this.

"I share the same thoughts," Zhu Fan'Hua tapped the top of her desk, "Which brings me to the next thing I wanted to discuss. Finding out when his birthday actually is."

She nodded in agreement, but it would be difficult. No one knew when or how he was born. The only thing he knew is that his parents were most likely dead. Any evidence of his birth were up for debate. They had no idea where he came from. The only hint they had was his hair color. It should help to narrow it down, but Youshan didn't know where to begin.

"Youshan, don't worry," Zhu Fan'Hua told her, giving her a reassuring smile, "Leave finding it out to me. There's something more important to focus on."

"...His birth day," Youshan sighed in understanding, "Though he knows the truth, it wouldn't be bad to still celebrate it before we know."

"Exactly," Zhu Fan'Hua nodded, "So, that brings me to the most pressing issue...we need a feast, presents, and only two days to do so."

"You're shitting me," She stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Of course not," She smiled that devious smile, "Our An'Shen has a birth day to celebrate, and sixteen years of it to make up."

Youshan didn't disagree, but to do so in two days was asking too much. There was absolutely no way they could get it all done in time.

"I know it's a lot to ask," Zhu Fan'Hua told her, noticing the look on her face, "But we-"

"No," Youshan interrupted, "We can't."

Her eyes narrowed at Youshan, and while she understood her seriousness of it, there was no way it could be done.

"Look, I understand," Youshan told her, throwing up her hands sympathetically, "We most likely could do it in two days. It would push everyone to the limits, but there's one glaring issue in your plan."

"Oh? Do tell me," Zhu Fan'Hua raised her eyebrow in challenge.

"An'Shen," She told her, gesturing with her hand for emphasis.

"...I see," Zhu Fan'Hua let out a deep breath, "You're right. He'd not be happy if I pushed for his day to be the same as mine. He wouldn't want it overshadowed."

"Exactly," Youshan nodded, glad she understood, "He would want you to enjoy your day because it's yours. So, at least give it a week to plan."

"Alright, I'll start the preparations," She went to stand up, but paused to look at Youshan, "And this goes without saying, but not a word to him. I want it to be a surprise."

"Of course!" Youshan smiled brightly.

She was of the same mind. She wanted An'Shen to be surprised. Just imagining his smile when the celebration happens was enough to send her heart into overload.
    -----

The preparations began right away. Miss Su was the head of all food preparation. They could easily buy things from town, and for most things they would, but the most important thing was a cake. Something that Zhu Fan'Hua wanted to do herself.

She knew the basics of cooking, but wasn't the best at it. Ever since Youshan made him that scarf, she wanted to do something as well from her own hands. Every night leading up to the celebration, she would slip out after An'Shen went to sleep to practice with Miss Su. They had to buy many ingredients, but it would be worth it.

However, before then, there was one more thing to get past. Her own birthday. The celebration wasn't going to be anything large. A small gathering of those she knew from the academy through An'Shen, and of course the family that she had here.
    -----

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  16. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Five:
    Your Present is Me

The day of her birthday arrived, and the celebration kicked off. It started out like most any other day, with the exception of An'Shen wishing her a happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday, my love..." He mumbled into her neck, hugging her, "I wanted to be the first one to tell you..."

"My, how adorable," She smiled softly, kissing him on the forehead, "Thank you, my dear."

Getting dressed, they prepared for the guests to arrive. Mainly, it was Sima Ai'Li and her brother as well as Zhu Fan'Hua's family. Her siblings that returned to the academy showed up along with her cousin, Bai'Li Lu'Zhou. Even her master, Shenhua, showed up.

The larger dinning hall was used for everyone to gather food and mingle out in the garden. Chairs were set up, and Zhu Fan'Hua sat by An'Shen most of the day. People greeted her, wishing her a happy birthday, and otherwise mingled with each other. Presents were given and the day progressed smoothly.

The only tense moment was when an unexpected visitor arrived. Several of them, in fact. Zheng Ya, Dao'Ma, and Qi'Liu Chen. An'Shen clung to Zhu Fan'Hua's side, while Youshan stood before them both protectively. As everyone at the party stared the three of them down, it was Dao'Ma who acted first.

With his hands on both Zheng Ya and Qi'Liu Chen's heads, he forced them to bow with him.

"Greetings, Zhu Fan'Hua," He intoned respectfully, "It may not mean much coming from us, but we hoped to wish you a happy birthday, as well as apologize for the problems we have caused."

"I-I'm not sorry!" Zheng Ya protested, but squealed as Dao'Ma glared at her, "I mean...I guess I am a little bit..."

"Seriously..." Dao'Ma sighed, looking towards Qi'Liu Chen, "Go on."

He shifted around under his brothers gaze before also apologizing. Zhu Fan'Hua watched with cool eyes. That's when An'Shen stepped forward. He was looking around at the a bit anxiously. Youshan and her both held his hand, but with a reassuring squeeze, he let go and approached them.

"...It's alright," He told them, smiling gently, "Well, maybe not entirely. People died, you know. Some who weren't even born..."

Zhu Fan'Hua's heart tore at his words, as he was told of the reality. As the three of them heard his words, they were both surprised and remorseful. At least the brothers were. Zheng Ya, on the other hand, would still be a problem. Albeit, slightly less of one with Dao'Ma watching her.

"...Do better," They were his final words before the three of them turned to leave.

Embracing him as he returned, both her and Youshan praised his courage as they returned to the party. While the mood was dampened in that moment, it soon rose as presents were given, and the main dishes were served. The day wore on and soon, night arrived.

It was as everything was being cleaned up, with night falling, that Zhu Fan'Hua noticed An'Shen was nowhere to be seen. Panic began to set in, but she tempered it. Asking around to see if anyone saw where he went. Youshan last saw him heading into the house, but Miss Su and Suyin told her to check the cultivation room. They seemed to know something.

Following their advice, she began to make her way over. She had not returned to this room in a long time. Her cultivation improved quickly just by being near him. So, there wasn't much of a reason to use this room after a while. What exactly was he doing in there?

Her question would soon be answered as she opened to doors to the room. A slow, devious smile crept across her face. Slowly, she closed the door behind her. The sound of a lock clicking into place.
    -----

"Oh my..." Zhu Fan'Hua mused, taking in the sight before her, "Did you get into a bit of trouble?"

An'Shen was before her in quite the situation. His cheeks blushed red as he stared in horror and embarrassment. The lights of the room gave everything a soft glow, and right now accentuated his appearance. Currently half-naked, wrapped in ribbon. No, it was more appropriate to say he was stuck.

His robes were half-undone, revealing his torso and the smooth skin beneath. That was all he wore was just a robe and the ribbon. It wrapped around his legs, moving along and under his crotch before making its way across his chest. However, one of his arms was currently caught behind his back while the other struggled to undo his mistake.

"What a lovely color of ribbon," She smiled lasciviously, making her way towards him, "A nice deep red, with gold trimming, but what exactly is this?"

Stepping closer to him, he grew more embarrassed. His words stuck in his throat. He tried to get a word out, but all that came was a squeak.

"My, how adorable," She continued to tease, lifting part of the ribbon delecately in her hand, "Is this my present then?"

She narrowed her eyes provocatively at him, coolly assessing his situation. Bringing her other hand up, she traced his chest with one finger that sent a shiver through his body and a slight moan to escape his lips. Slowly, he nodded. The look in his eyes were inviting, almost innocent.

The couch was just behind him as she pushed him back. He fell as she leaned over him.

"I can't hear you," She whispered, bringing her mouth to his ear, "Are you my present?"

"U-Uhm," He breathed heavily, stuck as he was, there wasn't much he could do, "Y-Yes...so, can you help me?"

"Oh? Is this not my present?" She licked his neck as she smiled, pulling just slightly away to look into his eyes, "I think I'll help myself then."

Understanding ran through his face as he blushed, realizing the danger he was in. Yet, his eyes told her to do so, and the smile crossing his lips were just enough to send her over the edge.
    -----

17. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Six:
    All Tied Up

An'Shen shifted under her, reacting to her touch. Soft moans escaped his lips as she kissed his neck, running her hand down along his chest to his aroused manhood. The warmth was familiar to her, but it had been a while since last she felt it in her hand. He whimpered slightly as she played with it through his robe.

The ribbon adding tension to his body as it arched in pleasure. It was quite the amazing present. She continued to tease the tip through his robe, kissing him until he couldn't handle it anymore. After several minutes of teasing the tip, he released his cum into her hand and his robe.

"What a naughty present," She teased, his face completely flush.

He looked at her, a taunting smile on his face. Raising an eyebrow, she took the challenge. Taking his cock in her hand, she now began to stroke it. Slowly at first, using his own cum as lubricant to run his robe over himself. His jaw clenched in pleasure as he suppressed a moan.

"F-Fan'Hua...p-please," He begged, watching her through heavy eyes, "It's sensitive right now..."

"Oh? I didn't know," She smirked, picking up the pace as he pulled away in pleasure.

However, just as soon as he pulled away, he thrust his cock back towards her hand. He squirmed under her touch as she watched him, feeling her own arousal grow.

"Don't tell me you didn't want this," She stated, running her free hand along his cheek, "You've made yourself like this, you know."

He could only smile dumbly, knowingly. He hid his blush with the back of his hand, looking away sheepishly.

"I'm going to unwrap my present now..." She told him, moving herself down to his cock.

Slowly, teasingly, she pulled back the robe and ribbon near it. Revealing itself in its entirety. It throbbed slightly, moving from the stimulation. His eyes watched her as she placed her face closer. She took in its scent, the familiar scent of An'Shen. She loved it.

Smiling, her tongue began to lick it clean from his mess earlier. Moans escaped his lips once more, much to her pleasure. The sound sending shivers throughout her own body. As she licked it from tip to base, she grew wetter, warmer.

Watching him closely, she made sure he was watching as she, without warning, took his erection into her mouth. His gasp of pleasure was exactly what she wanted. Reaching down between her own legs, she could feel the trickle down her legs. Slowly, she began to finger herself.

Moving along her slit, she worked her fingers inside and stimulated her clit. All while taking his cock into her mouth. The stimulation from both was intoxicating. His smell mixed with hers in the air of the cultivation room. She could feel the mana coursing through the area, and began to understand his decision for choosing this room.

You had to be relaxed in order to cultivate properly, and what was more relaxing than releasing yourself of tension with the one you loved?

"Such slyness," She thought to herself, pushing his cock all the way into her mouth.

Her nose touched his pelvis as he moaned heavily at her movement. She felt his cock in the back of her throat, gagging her, but she didn't mind. She savored the sensation of him pushing into her throat. Forcing it open.

So relaxed herself as best as she could. His hips began to move on their own, his free hand gripping her head and thrusting her face down onto his cock. The resulting release of his cum gushed down her throat. A warm, sweet liquid.

As his erection died down slightly, it slipped from her mouth as she gasped for air. She was incredibly turned on. Her fingers moving faster, more intense as she convulsed on herself, reaching her own climax.

"Th-That was..." An'Shen breathed heavily, trying to hide his blushing face once more.

Still tasting him on her lips, she willed her legs to move. These ribbons were in the way, but they would come in handy.

"Wh-What are you...oh," An'Shen groaned in pleasure as she readjusted the ribbons, "Th-This is...."

He looked away bashfully, as he was now properly tied up. The ribbon wrapped around his chest in a cross-shaped pattern, and tied to his hands. With pillars built into the room, there were places for tying it off. His robe now thrown onto the floor, it had been in the way.

Standing before him, she gave him quite the show. Stripping down as his eyes looked on in anticipation. He wanted her, craved her. She felt amazing at his stares. Running her hands along her body, she moved towards him.

"Do you want to touch me?" She whispered, her fingers gliding along his thigh.

"Y-Yes..." His eyes were full of lust, of yearning, "U-Untie me..."

"Now why would I do that?" She mused, her hand finding his cock once more, "I still want to play with my present..."

He swallowed hard, breathing heavily. He needed time to recover, and she had given him just that. From tying him up, to her little striptease, he was hard and ready to go again.

Sensually, she straddled him, her hand never leaving his dick. As she sat down on him, she guided it inside. The feeling was something she had missed. Being away for a month did more than just make her feel lonely. It made her body feel lonely.

Now, they were one again. Complete. She sat down upon his hard cock, feeling it inside of her. He struggled against the bindings, but it was no use. She would have her fun with him first. Her hips beginning to move, rocking ever so slightly. Each movement sending pleasure throughout her body.

Their moans combining together in a euphoric symphony. Her hands pressed against his chest, riding him faster and harder. Slowing down when he just about reached climax. His eyes were pleading, begging, but she wasn't done yet.

Leaning down, her breasts pressed against him, she whispered into his ear.

"Be a good little boy," She told him breathily, "And I'll let you cum."

His eyes were precious as he looked at her, pleading with his looks.

"P-Please..." He whimpered, his body squirming under her.

"Hold on for just a little while," Her hand caressed his cheek, "Like a good boy."

Her hips began to move again, the warmth between her legs sent tingles throughout her body. Like electricity as the pleasure continued to rise.

"Y-Yes," He breathed, clenching his jaw, his eyes full of obedience, "I-I'm a good boy..."

Those were the words that finally sent her over the cliff of ecstasy. She rode him harder and faster, watching as he struggled to hold on. As she tensed, feeling the rush of pleasure and ecstasy in her climax, she fell upon him. Breathing heavily, she smiled.

She could feel he was ready to release, but was holding on admirably.

"Now then, I think it's time for me to unwrap my present," She reached up, cutting the ribbons which held his hands, "Now then...dig in."

She teased, and immediately felt his hands upon her ass. They gripped her hips as he turned over. Her back against the couch as he breathed close to her. His eyes full of one thing. Lust.

She had just came herself, and was incredibly sensitive, but that made it even better. He was pent-up and had to release. His hands held firmly to her hips as he thrust deeply inside of her. Their bodies connecting at one vital point. She let out a moan of pleasure that only egged him on.

Lifting her leg against him, he slammed down inside of her. He put all of his strength and weight into it. He had gotten a lot of practice with her before, and knew just the right spots to hit. His lips found hers as he silenced her moans. She could feel it. The mana, the pleasure. It all assaulted her.

She took it all in. Feeling the heat of his body, and the enthusiasm to which he thrust his cock inside of her, she reached the breaking point. Both in cultivation and in climax. Her Mana Crystal began to glow. Growing warm inside of her.

The heat of passion and the continual thrusting of his cock beat in tune with the pulsing of her Mana Crystal. Faster, harder, faster. Her legs wrapped around his back, pulling him tightly to her. Fingers digging into his back as she came once more, this time, with one final thrust, he released inside of her.

The warm, hot sticky liquid flowing in and out of her. At the same time, her Mana Crystal burst. She smiled, lost in the pleasure of it all. She never thought that cultivation would feel so good. Worn out, An'Shen collapsed against her. She stroked his back lovingly, happy with the present he gave her.
    -----

18. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Seven:
    A Tempting Invite

The morning came sooner than expected. An'Shen and Zhu Fan'Hua spent the night in the cultivation room. An'Shen curled up in her arms, breathing softly. His peaceful demeanor always eased the heart. He planned everything yesterday, and though he messed up a few details, it all worked out in the end.

It came from his heart, and he must have thought of it thoroughly the last couple of days. Oblivious he may be, sometimes his brain worked in his favor. It was adorable and warmed her heart. Of course, she was by no means calling him unintelligent. He had a keeness to him that just often didn't click right away.

Because of his present, she had jumped stages by several leaps. Going from Crystalized Stage straight into the Spirit Stage. The mana built up inside of her exploded, pushing her through the Awakened Stage that was often between the two. With this, she was a lot stronger.

She could breath easier, see things clearer. One thing that intrigued her, was what she saw when she looked at An'Shen. Wisps of the cosmos. What looked like streams of stars within a void. They wrapped and tangled all around him. Encasing him in a void-like shell.

What was more, she could sense Taixu at the core of it all. Mana flowed through the room, she could now see the streams and flow of mana. Before, she could sense it, but now she was perceptive enough to visualize it. Like vapor through the air, colored various shades of light blue.

Reaching up, she could even feel the mana passing through her. As she did, the mana all began to flow towards her. As if a hole was opened in a dam. However, as it did she watched as the void-like shell around An'Shen seemed to lash out. The mana diverged, flowing into the void and away from her. What was left was a smooth stream of mana that made its way to her.

She realized what she was watching was his condition protecting her. How he was able to calm the mana around her. The mana flowed towards her, but slowed and became calm as it met the shell around An'Shen. She was curious about how it worked at a distance.

While he slept, she made sure not to wake him as she stood. The shell around him seemed to follow her, connected to An'Shen. Curious, she began to move to a distance where she knew the pain would return, and yet...the shell remained.

"...The mystery deepens," She whispered to herself, smiling.

Closing her eyes, she could feel the world shift around her as she utilized Snow Step. As she opened her eyes, her room appeared before her. She was definitely further from An'Shen now, and yet the shell remained. She felt no pain as the mana did not assault her.

Perhaps An'Shen's condition evolved last night as well. Something definitely changed. In a moment, she was back with An'Shen who was thankfully still asleep. She returned to his side, and with a simple thought, her vision returned to normal.
    -----

An'Shen woke up shortly after she returned, and together the both of them made their way to the bath and cleaned up. Everyone could tell that something was different with the two of them. Eventually, she had to explain just what had happened.

She didn't go into many details, but had explained that she had broken through to the Spirit Stage. Everyone was quite surprised by this, but congratulated her. She also explained that, for some reason, she didn't have to be near An'Shen anymore for him to nullify her condition. When she said this, however, An'Shen seemed to wilt.

"My dear," She told him, lifting his chin slightly, "That doesn't mean I don't need nor want you around. You are mine, after all."

Her words seemed to cheer him up as he smiled. With everyone up to speed, things were getting down to the wire. With not even a week left, there was plenty to do, but one thing was for sure. An'Shen's present gave her an idea for his present as well. However, she'd need Youshan's help.
    -----

The day was fast approaching. Everyone had hid the best they could from An'Shen. As the day finally arrived, he was taken out for a while so everything could be set up. If it was up to Zhu Fan'Hua, it would be held for several days with all of her family, no...their family together. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be.

She had sent out the Eyes to the various corners of the globe in search of any information on his family. The Gao Family was also being interrogated for any information as well. Same with the Li'Yu. They were the only ones with any sort of ties to An'Shen. They had to know something, and if they didn't then perhaps they could simply decide on his birthday.

For now, however, they would celebrate in the way that he knew before he was told the truth. A surprise birth day celebration. As he returned with Miss Su, she was delighted to see his expression as he entered the main hall of their home to find everyone waiting.

Much like her own celebration, everyone had arrived for it as well. She had to explain what was going on to everyone, but when she did they were immediately onboard. A large banner with his name and "Happy Birth Day" hung in the hall. His favorite foods ordered from the city's restaurants were served, while there were some homemade treats as well.

The main feature being the cake. It was personalized just for him, and made by Zhu Fan'Hua. Youshan covered his eyes as it was present to him. The look in his eyes, lit by the candles upon it, was the purest of sights.

As he discovered who made it, much to her embarrassment, he ate it with even more zeal. The first time anyone there saw her blush as much as she did. However, the best was yet to come.

"An'Shen..." She whispered in his ear, "When you're done, come to our room."

She smiled deviously, the look on his face said it all. He was intrigued, scared, and smiled in anticipation.
    -----

19. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Eight:
    His Birthday Present

I was curious what Fan'Hua had planned for me. The party itself was a surprise. Even though I didn't know when my birthday was, they celebrated in the way that I knew before. Everyone showed up, their presents sat in my old room. Books, some clothes, and even money.

It was the first ever time I had my own money. I put it away safely before I made my way to the room I shared with Fan'Hua. Suyin and Miss Su had left with everyone else. It was just me and her in the house, but as I thought about it I didn't remember Youshan leaving.

As I grew closer to the door to the room, I heard voices from the inside. They spoke in hushed whispers.

"A-Are you sure about this?" It sounded like Youshan.

"I only brought it up," Fan'Hua's voice teased, "You were the one who agreed. You even chose...that."

"I-I just heard that, you know...guys like this," She stammered, seemingly embarrassed.

I wondered what was going on as my hand touched the doorhandle. As I did, the talking stopped. A dim glow met my eyes as they adjusted to the light in the room. A fireplace crackled in the far corner, as the nights were cold and night had fallen.

Before me was the most stunning, beautiful sight. Youshan and Fan'Hua embraced by one another. No, it was more to say that Fan'Hua held Youshan rather provocatively. The light of the fire flickered across them, giving their skin a soft golden glow.

My heart was racing as I looked upon them, for Youshan was barely wearing anything. She wore a sheer robe with some kind of fancy underwear underneath. Little bows and ribbons adorned them, like some kind of present. Just like my own idea for Fan'Hua.

Fan'Hua herself wore something similar, but in a dark color. She smiled tantalizingly at me.

"Well, don't just stand there..." She beckoned me, "Lock the door and come here. Your presents await."
    -----

Youshan blushed deeply as An'Shen entered the room. She found herself quickly held from behind by Zhu Fan'Hua. Her kisses upon her neck were stimulating. An'Shen was beckoned closer to the bed. He obeyed willingly. Tonight was the night. She would finally be with him. With them both.

There was a stipulation that Zhu Fan'Hua gave her. The first time had to be with her there, but she didn't mind. They had made out several times before, and so was used to her, but it was still embarrassing. Her hands ran along her side, down to her legs.

"What do you think, my dear?" Zhu Fan'Hua asked An'Shen, "Lovely, isn't she?"

"...Very," He breathed, barely above a whisper.

The gaze in his eyes made her extremely self-conscious, but she loved it. That gaze of his. She wanted him to look, but at the same time wished to hide. Her arms covering herself up bashfully.

"I...I'm sorry that I-" She began, but An'Shen was before her.

A slight squeak escaped her lips as he smiled lovingly at her.

"Sorry for what?" His words were soft, "You're stunning. You both are."

Her heart jumped inside of her chest. To think he thought that of her. Was he for real? His eyes passing over her body slowly.

"M-May I?" He asked, his hand hovering over her leg.

Swallowing hard, she nodded. As much as she prepared herself, she wasn't prepared enough when his hand touched her bare leg. Jumping, stifling another squeak, she blushed in embarrassment.

"So, my love," Zhu Fan'Hua spoke up, "Which of your presents will you open first. Personally...I recommend this one."

As she said that, her hands on her thighs pushed her legs open. Revealing her panties and more. She felt herself becoming aroused as An'Shen stared at her private parts. She wanted him, but was this okay? She could feel the wetness and warmth from herself.

"...I like that recommendation," An'Shen whispered, kneeling before them.

Youshan could do nothing but hide her face in embarrassment as he placed his mouth down there. It was a dirty place, but she made sure to wash it. She had heard from others that this was something people did, but never has she ever done it. This was her first time with anyone.

She was glad it was with him. She didn't have much more time to think as pleasure ran through her body. As his tongue traced its way along her warmth, a sense of electricity shot through her body. It caused her to tremble and moan.

Her hands went from hiding her face, to holding his head against her. Especially when he found that spot. Her chest rose and fell to her heavy breaths. Youshan could hardly believe something like this felt so good. Was it because she was with him?

Her thoughts seemed to melt away as Zhu Fan'Hua brought her in for a kiss. With both of them kissing her in varying ways, she was overstimulated, but she didn't hate it. In fact, she loved it. Being this close with the person she loved was amazing. Not only that, but she had grown fond of Zhu Fan'Hua as well.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she lost herself to the moment. The heat of the fire crackling in the fireplace, the feeling of An'Shen between her legs, and the lips of Zhu Fan'Hua enveloped her. As if she came down with a sudden sense of vertigo, the entire world seemed to lurch before her.

Her body feeling like it was rising before falling back, and indeed she did just that. Her back arched as the pleasure coursed through her and she had her first climax. Falling back into Zhu Fan'Hua, she panted heavily. An'Shen came up for breath himself, smiling as he licked his lips.

"Th-That was hot," She told him, speaking about the way he licked his lips, "But...wow."

"We're not done yet," Zhu Fan'Hua whispered to her, "Just look at him."

Her eyes followed Zhu Fan'Hua's straight to his lower-half. A smirk crossed her face, one of lust and pride. To think he was that hard because of her. Moving forward, she placed her hands upon his lower robes.

"I'll unwrap my present now," She laughed light, slowly revealing his manhood.

With it straight in her face, she became flustered. Her eyes unable to leave it. Right here in the flesh was An'Shen's member. Hesitation gripped her, but as she looked up at him, she saw his blushing face. Biting his thumb lightly in embarrassment, his eyes averted.

This brought a smirk to her face as her hands moved to grip him. His gasping moan fueled her. It was warm, hard, yet also soft. She had felt it once before in the study the first time she kissed him, but that was nothing like now.

"What are you going to do with him?" Zhu Fan'Hua asked her softly, hands on her shoulders.

Youshan knew what she wanted to do as her mouth moved towards it. She licked it at first. It was salty, leaking some kind of fluid. It tasted sweet. All she cared about, however, were the sounds he was making and how intimate they were right now in that moment.

She let the mood take her as she was guided by Zhu Fan'Hua and her own urges. She must have done something right, because An'Shen's hands found her head, holding her down onto him. He shivered, shaking in pleasure as a warmth entered her mouth, sliding down her throat.

Was this what she thought it was? As An'Shen panted, seemingly spent she was sure of it. Smiling to herself, she was happy. Yet, she wanted more. To be closer with him.

That's when Zhu Fan'Hua grabbed him, "We're not done quite yet, are we?"

Youshan shook her head as Zhu Fan'Hua laid her back against several pillows. Opening her arms, she beckoned for An'Shen to go to her. He moved down to her, his arms wrapping around her body. He embraced her, kissing her neck softly before their lips locked. It was hot, passionate.

Their hearts beat in unison as Zhu Fan'Hua got him worked up again. Then, the real thing began. Slowly, he was guided into her. She flinched, a pain shooting through her, but it wasn't unbearable. It faded quickly as she gasped, holding his face in her hands.

He was staring at her, their eyes connecting. There was a softness to them. A smile, loving and tender on his face. Smiling herself, she kissed him deeply as he began to move. Their bodies became entwined in the dance of lovers. That night, their moans rose and fell like the tides.

The pleasure she felt and the love in her heart tore through her body in a wave of euphoria. It was an experience unlike any other. There was a time she didn't know where she started and they ended. Embraced together, they were left a sweaty mess. Yet, she was content.

Entangled with them, she couldn't have been happier than in that moment. It would be a memory she'd cherish forever. A source of confidence in her place with them. There were only better things to come. A life together that she could have never predicted, yet one she'd never exchange for anything.
    -----

20. Nikushimi

Nikushimi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Twenty-Nine:
    The Years Go On

Morning came sooner than any of them realized. They woke to each other, their smiles knowing and loving. An'Shen blushed as the two of them, Zhu Fan'Hua and Youshan, rose to stretch in the morning. Zhu Fan'Hua admired him and Youshan.

The morning sun giving them both a glow that was not just from its light. They became one last night, a perfect present for their love. How their lives had changed in a little under a year. He was still as timid as ever, but that's just who he was. Neither her nor Youshan would have it any other way.

As they bathed together, it was a tender moment of aftercare for them all. they basked in each others presence and understood the change in their lives. There was a lot that was left undone, but there was plenty of time to do it in. What mattered was that they were all together now.

Zhu Fan'Hua could breath easier. The threats to An'Shen were gone, or at least limited. The only thing she had to worry about were the politics. There was still work she had to do for her own goals, but there was time now to focus on it.

She had awakened her Spirit, and would no longer be hampered by most in the world. All of this was possible not only to her hard work, but An'Shen whose very existence changed her. His condition and his heart reached through her hardened exterior. It took hold of her and didn't let go. Not that she'd have let it.

Youshan was the same. She could see it. They all touched each others lives, and it revolved around the love they shared. They still had their own wants and desires, but they would always make time for one another.

She reached inside of her, to the newly born spirit. As they gathered in the cultivation room, she wanted to show them. To reveal to her the spirit within. Those who reach the Spirit Stage have hatched their Mana Crystal. Yes, the Mana Crystal was like an egg.

It held the core of your very being. It manifested and changed itself based on who you were. It began in the Crystalized Stage, and through the Awakened Stage. It was during the Awakened Stage that most of it was developed, and once the Spirit Stage was reached, the Mana Crystal would hatch. The Spirit would be born.

In essence, it was the manifestation of oneself. She wasn't entirely surprised by what it was. As the air grew cold, a breeze of warmth ignited the ice and snow. A beautiful cherry blossom color filled the room. It mixed with the blue of the ice and snow.

From her outstretched hands bore a creature with wings and a long tail. Unlike others of its kind, their feathers were a cool, icy blue. Shimmering with an undertone of a light pink. A deep fire within. Crackling with energy like that of lightning.

It perched upon her shoulder, appearing just as regal as the one who bore it. The Phoenix.

A look of awe and wonder on An'Shen and Youshan's faces. An'Shen's eyes couldn't leave either of them. The phoenix taking off from her shoulder, flying around him playfully. Its feathers tickled him as he laughed. Perching upon his shoulder.

Youshan reached a hesitant hand out to it. Tilting its head as they looked at her, it cooed, pushing their head against her hand. It was a beautiful sight before her. The one she loved the most, and the one she came to love together with her. They would rise above it all.
    -----

The time they all spent together was unlike any other. With the three of them unashamed of the other, they shared one room and one bed. They were the talk of the academy as winter fast approached.

The Black Lotus and Golden Tulip take in the Wild Lily. Everyone always loved to use flowers as titles. Though this didn't bother them. They lived their lives with very few worries. Zhu Fan'Hua rose to be a prominent disciple of Shenhua.

Through tasks and tournaments, she made a name for herself. Youshan as well learned taming techniques that became the envy of others. With Zhu Fan'Hua and An'Shen's help, she soared higher and faster than others. Her cultivation growing exponentially.

The biggest shock to their relationship was when Youshan finally learned of who Zhu Fan'Hua was. She wasn't as shocked as one would assume. Being studious, she was able to see the signs. There was no hiding it when they're as close as they were.

It was a bit uncomfortable for her. Unsure how to act now that it was confirmed. However, a simple reminder of what they were to each other brought everything back to normal. An'Shen drew them together. Wherever he went, they went and vice versa.

There were many who took issue with someone like him being close with two women considered to be beauties in their own right. However, there was an interesting thing that happened. A certain Mao Long proved to not just be decoration. They grew, strong and true.

None would harm their master. A bond that they shared turned into something unique for the both of them. Information of An'Shen's birth was hard to uncover, even for the Eyes. So, they settled upon making his birthday near winter as it always had been. They would continue the search, of course, but until then this would do.

In this way, the time spent at the academy passed. The seasons changed. Events came and went. A return to the Zhu Estate happened on several occasions. Youshan would go on to introduce them to her own family. Stories for another time. For the three of them, the years would go on.
    -----

END OF BOOK THREE
    Thank you for coming on this journey with me. I hope the story was what people wished it to be. I apologize if it didn't live up to everyone's standards. There will likely be more in the future. Many questions left unanswered.

For those of you who read along, thank you. This took a lot for me to write and share. I'm not the most comfortable doing so, but the more I do the more I enjoy it. It's simple wording, but overall, it holds worlds and characters I create and love. So, thank you for letting me share them with you.

If this has been something you've enjoyed, keep an eye out for more. When the mood strikes me, I simply write. I have other stories that have taken ahold in my head, and I plan to share those as well. So, I hope you're not sick of me yet. :p

Truly, thank you for allowing me the platform to share this, and the readers to (hopefully) enjoy it.