Martial God - Why does Yiming have to do this?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by TerraEarth, Jun 19, 2017.

1. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of chapter 56 it's been decided that since his brother wants to take one of the two granddaughters as his concubine, Yiming has to take the other one as his. Why can't Yiming just tell the family that he doesn't want one but his brother does? It's not like with his status they can refuse him. Anyone have any clue what's going on?

2. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    He is still bound by filial piety

3. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's an issue with status. if the traitor's girl joins He family which is gonna start rising due to yiming's influence, with his brother being a likely candidate for future head/elder, then there's the possibility of her manipulating things and trying to take revenge in the future. of course, that's still a possibility, but with yiming taking someone from the main family as well, it sets up something of a balance as her status in the He family would be higher than her cousin, even if yiming's brother does actually take over the family. i could be horribly off on this one, though.

it was set up as a rather odd situation. his brother's reasoning didn't quite seem right, or maybe it was just really badly explained.

4. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese family relations
    far to complicated to understand for outsider

5. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    I think alot of it has to do with the female's family.
    The one that his brother likes comes from the subfamily of the brother that betrayed them.
    If she was to marry into the MC's family, then the power balance of her family would change, and the current head would change.
    So the current heads main family(His daughter) needs to marry Yinming to maintain their power structure.

Of course its all a ploy to tie their family together by the smart head patriarch, using MC's weakspot, his own brother to seal the deal

6. TerraEarth

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see what you're trying to say, but Yitian doesn't really have that much influence, Yiming's decisions are what matter most. And it's not like Yitian would betray the Yuan family just because of his concubine - I mean Yitian himself fought for the Yuan family so it makes no sense that he would burn the bridges he built himself for no reason.

lucjanssens likes this.
  7. emry

emry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is sad as the novel has been given up.

8. Grim_Dawn

Grim_Dawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupid plots...
    Just wait for later chapters when Yiming spend best treasures on her and just fall in love with her, everybody just accept her as his wife and she goes on to become the second most powerful expert in the world....

9. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. that's being filial and that's how it is that time..
    I don't think they are allow to say no or anything at that time..

10. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Patriarch wants to tie the 2 families together, and fix his broken family... A portion on his family, that are the descendants of his traitor brother will be suppressed by the main family.
    To prevent this, he has the daughter of the traitorous brother marry Yitian. This protects this traitorous portion of the family.
    But it ruins the power balance.
    To ensure his main family stays on top, he has his daughter marry Yiming.
    And the most important part is now he and his family are protected, and connected to a super power.

11. TerraEarth

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate this, really I do.

12. Grim_Dawn

Grim_Dawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this is nothing, believe me this can't even compare to the shit Immortal Executioner is. Just finished it today and it is so damn shit.

13. OrderedChaos

OrderedChaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think part of it is due to yitians cultivation, if yiming didnt take one quanxin would deny yitian outright regardless of status due to their belief that having concubines affects cultivation progress. So, yiming takes one as quanxin will have to take yimings decision into account in addition to trying not to disregard yuan family too much. If he didnt say anything then none of them would be taken. All in all i hate the blood ties connections things in CN novels haha its like politics with worse effects

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  14. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    It made sense while reading the story. But, away from it, as Terra says, Yiming's practically the god of the family. He has more status and importance than anyone. He can simply decree, "Yo, guys, I want Yitian to marry whoever he wants," and neither his grandfather nor his uncles would say no--unless they're trying to control him through his inexperience.

Ugh, that spoiler. I guess it's really going downhill. But this kind of thing has been foreshadowed all along, and makes sense given how Yiming and his brothers were raised.

15. RedIska

RedIska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He isn't transmigrated person to have balls of steel like Japanese beta's or Chinese n1assasintopman elitists "Taking mortal women as wife in cultivation world ?So softcore".