LCD Martial Peak

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 9, 2015.

1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 169: I forgot all about the Old Demon. That made the fight a lot easier for Yang Kai. Now that the danger is over~ what's next?

2. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 170: a young master of some aristocratic family running away from marriage......that cracked me up!

Sensing martial arts just from using the whip. That's weird~

3. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. Still can't believe "Immortal Ascension" realm being used here in translation when it's completely wrong and going against author's intention ~_~ It's 'Divine Movement '. See the raw. How the hell it became Immortal Ascension? o_O Taking too much freedom with raw I guess...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 171: okay so it looks like the old man was expecting these cultivators and they just so happen to appear on the exact same day that Yang Kai is there~ how lucky for the old man and Xiao Yu. I wonder what the story is behind this all. And what incident caused the trauma for Xiao Yu~

Have ya mentioned it the translator?

5. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? I'm not the translator, but I'll ask Silavin and tell ya what he says.

6. Plural

Plural Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And now we meet an old man and a kid.

7. Skoll028

Reading List:
    Link
    Sil said: 神动, first character can either mean god, immortal, spirit. The second character is literally 'to move'.
    I wanted immortal ascension because divine movement doesn't sound nice to me. (sounds like a Martial Movement Technique)
    Salmon said:
    we appreciate your opinion, but we tend to spend a lot of time coming up with sensible names and phrases for certain things in the original novel

8. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol! Not to be rude but you just followed what was on lnmtl and the previous translator instead of spending a lot of time coming for a sensible term. Lnmtl had corrected it in latest re-translation. And 神 never translates as 'Immortal'. Of course it could be translated as such if you want it to for certain cases.
    https://www.mdbg.net/chinese/dictionary?page=worddict&wdrst=1&wdqtm=0&wdqcham=1&wdqt=神动

There was nothing sensible in the choice of translating it wrongly. Immortal Ascension refers to a totally different thing, and you would know it if you have read Xianxia. But Martial Peak is xuanhuan though sometimes the term is used in it as well:) Once again don't take it negative manner but I just don't feel it right when a translator totally change the meaning of author.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  9. Skoll028

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope your days are as nice as you are friend.

10. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said don't take it in negative manner. I apologize if it was rude. Well, I explained why I thought it was wrong (and I commented after clarifying with other top contributors on lnmtl.com ) so it's your choice if you still want to continue with a term whose meaning implies totally different thing than author's intention.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  11. Skoll028

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, relax. I didn't say nor imply you were rude. But out of curiosity, how can you know exactly what the author intended? Also, we aren't LNMTL. Our translators don't MTL for one lol. But, everyone is entitled to their opinions and interpretations. If it bothers you that much, try translating something yourself, then you can use whatever meanings to the translations you please.

12. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I'm already translating terms and adding them to glossary on lnmtl.com for many series . I didn't thought you can't give honest criticism unless you're a translator.

13. Skoll028

Reading List:
    Link
    Good for you! Feel free to interpret the translations however you'd like then haha. And I'm pretty sure very few people enjoy being told, "You're wrong with what you're saying and you aren't doing it the way you're supposed to." All I can do is reply to you with how the translators themselves reasoned it. We have a discord server however where you can go and speak to the translators about your concerns. That's about it for what I can do, sorry. Have a nice day.

akki likes this.
  14. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 174:
    Well that sums it all up lol~
    Okay that's just confusing. What does the sect get in return for feeding the fish?

15. Skoll028

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap, the grammar in the second excerpt is embarrassing. What was that damn proofreader doing? I'll go yell at em till they fix it. <.<

Notaborax likes this.
  16. Skoll028

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, they got that fixed rather quickly and apologize for the poor quality of their work >.<
    As for your question, IDK yet either :D

akki likes this.
  17. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    @Skoll028
    老魔 Earth Demon or Ground Demon. Not Old Demon. There is already a different word for Old Demon in novel 老魔. Also Immortal Soul 神魂 should be divine soul.

(The mistakes done by your team were same as Lnmtl.com so I was thinking it's mtl earlier when I posted my previous comment) .

18. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this any good or am I going to end up coughing up blood at MC stupidity &/or translator contextual errors?

19. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation is decent. It has an editor too. (I'm talking about the current one, but first chapters weren't unreadable either).
    MC is no self-righteous. Author isn't even trying to talk about good and evil. As usual, MC is underestimated, but with a good reason and with not too much trash conflicts. I would say, trash conflicts are actually good enough here, they mostly have reasons.
    This is a harem (!). Harem-harem I mean. Even through it surprises me author isn't moving too fast to place all the girls into his bed. But bed scenes this novel has.
    MC isn't stupid, he is lucky as usual, but not a smarty-genius either. He is more battle-cunning and about simply-working plans.

20. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    im up to around 2k for this novel and 1.4k god of slaughter, they are extremely similar besides how loose the MC is, just like the mw-sword spirit(or something like that) and KOG-SAG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017