LCD Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Arcturus, Feb 19, 2016.

1. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    the magic cube is actually really overpowered. It’s just that Lin Ming isn’t a soul cultivator so it’s the wrong equipment for him. Despite that, it’s incredibly offensive and provides perfect soul defense when it really matters. It’ll also be the highest tier spiritual source when he starts cultivating the divine dream art. I don’t remember when he uses his homemade transcendent might “Heavenly Dao Judgement” but he does use it against Xiao Moxian and every fight after that in the tournament

2. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, it's all. Complete transcendent divine might is something only Emperyan descendants have.
    Second, he got top body cultivation method (yes, it was stated as top in Divine Realm).
    Next, he actually got soul cultivation method too at start.
    Without array memories from Cube he would have never find 75% of his lucky chances and even died over and over.
    Without alchemy mastery from Cube he would have never opened 3,4 Gates so easily.
    From Divine Cube he got set of halberd technics on which he latery based ALL of his self-created spear moves.
    From Magic Cube came Demonshine who saved his ass multiple times and played big role in finding his cultivation path, including his early battle spirit.
    From Magic Cube came Mo Eversnow, who saved his ass, allowed him take dragon bone for himself, gave him perfect Ninefall with WK level treasures and gave him money to buy boundless pill and reach perfect divine sea, who made pill for him to open 7th Gate.
    Magic Cube is foundation for every lucky chance LM found in his life so far.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really forcefully raising it or cultivating. It's eating food. It's also been noted that eating food like that is incredibly gentle and pure and has no side effects. This is just what it means to be born in a powerful martial arts family. They probably don't eat normal food. Ever.
    That divine might is like half his fighting style. Without the god seed he wouldn't have any notable affinity for thunder and fire. Sure it might have improved if he upgraded his bloodline but would he have even gotten the chance without a decent affinity?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, even Mu Qianyu never ate normal food before she met LM. This method only allows one to cultivate faster but within his/her talent limitations. Honestly I think with enough energy around you can eat whatever if it's healthy. Otherwise yes, in energy-poor place spirit food would be great.
    "Lucky chance" speaking in novel wording only if food level greatly exceed your own talent. Like LM drank fire-water during general-smelting trial on Phoenix island and later it was stated that this water was really amazing.

5. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Mu Qianyu never ate normal food sure...But thats for a 4th grade sect decendent ...
    An Empyron sect is prob 10th (Prob i guess)grade thats 6 grades diff in power any nirmal diciple can destroy a 4th grade sect ...So they prob have 100000x better food so you cant go and say Mu Qianyu ate better food and shes no better lel

6. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    And their talent is far beyond 4th grade sect too. You are talking like by eating breakfast one can breakthrough one-two small boundaries. LM never cared about his food, why would anyone else?

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    At Lin Ming's cultivation level he doesn't actually need to eat anymore. Food is just a plus for him now. Even then I think he went to eat everyday at the phoenix hall in the APC.

I don't think it's a matter of their talent limiting them. I think it's a matter of only the best disciples being able to enjoy the best stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if an Empyrean's direct disciple/descendant would eat god beast meat every now and then.

8. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Only direct one. They are rare even if author showed us so many because LM needs to win over top opponents. Most Emperyan disciples are just some pushovers who won't even reach WK level.
    And I don't really see any plus in this meat but rarity. It can only support your natural cultivation progression since it was directly stated that any forceful method will leave hidden injuries and shaky culivation. Spiritual meat can be forceful too if it exceed your current cultivation and level of talent.
    Remember how one Azure Dragon blood drop could directly kill LM while he was weak and needed to be sealed? The same logic here. God Beast meat would be poison without great cultivation base.

9. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy, now we know where the archetipe of TMW azure yang lord comes from, which creates another question, When does the rusty sword got rusty(lol)?

10. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    But why ME can't help LM to absorb his enemies' souls is not explained. Probably she is too weak now to use Magic Cube in active form.
    (absorbing memory fragments = passive form as stated in quote)

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the elimination criteria for the pre-finals? Only the people with perfect win records go on?

They're rare but they're also gigantic. The AP clan supplies the entire clan for who knows how long just from one burned out phoenix corpse.

The entire point of spiritual food is that it doesn't leave behind any such toxins or such if cooked properly. The food should actually fix shaky cultivation by helping you solidify your foundation.

Blood isn't food in this sense so it's not the same logic at all. Blood is thrown straight into you at its full power. Food is processed and loses almost all of it's medicinal efficiency.

12. Yamato

Yamato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lin Ming is a direct counter to Frost Dream and all the fairys, I think his hardest opponent will be the monk whatever his name is from the temple place that is in palace number 2 or possible Shiku the guy who dual cultivated body up to Lin Ming's level as well.

13. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its going to be that phoniex girl.

since it it stressed how rare tickets to this tournament is, why are there so many love struck "fans"? shouldn't the audience be mostly old experts or young genius that care more about martial arts?

14. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Because these girls are tickets to the top. Xiao Moxian also has her primordial yin.
    No I meant true Empyrean descendants (the ones who actually can become Empyreans) are rare. Everybody else are just pushovers.
    And to prepare such food you don't need God Beast. Your disciple is let's say Body Foundation or Houtian. If you just cook meat directly and feed him - he dies from poisoning. If you cook it in a way that it loses most spiritual energy then you just waste it. Why would you not take 4-th level beast and cook it? It would have the same medical effect. For each cultivation level you will need stronger ingredients, but God Beast meat would be directly used for WK and Empyreans. Their bodies are huge, but it's not like you can hunt one whenever. Xiao Moxian mother is one, so in a sense it's like killing other people to eat them.
    You either feed disciples with God Beast meat to show of and broad their horizons, or you just fed them with food with the same medical effect (on their level) which can be gathered much more easily.
    Dragon Fang, you didn't notice foreshadowing?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The meat(ingredients) are always cooked in a way that it loses most of its energy. That's why its food and not an alchemy pill. That's why it doesn't have any side effects. You're not wasting it anymore than any other food.

It would only be like eating other people if she ate phoenixes.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  16. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Food to be safe and, well, to be food would have something like 10 energy points. If 4th grade meat have 100 energy points, then God Beast meat would have something like 10^n. What is a waste is easy to see.
    From my point of view, any intelligence = human. You either treat them like humans according to local morals/rules/laws and so on (very important point - intelligent demon should be killed just like intelligent Hannibal Lector, not because he is a demon, but because he does demonic things), or you (not you you, mind you) are just the same as Nazi. This is my point of view, so don't bother to argue, I'm just expressing it.
    I don't even like the rule English has. Intelligent persons, while not humans, are called "it". Disgusting. Again, personal opinion.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason food doesn't cause any side effects is because it's been processed so as to not have any toxins not because of how little energy is in it. How much energy is in it is irrelevant. A higher tier furnace and stronger cook would most likely lead to them being able to get rid of toxins in more powerful ingredients.

Even Little Flame, his wife's vermillion bird, was rather intelligent. All of the birds raised in the AP clan are higher tier and are eaten.

There are no intelligent persons that are not human on Earth for English to have specific rules about them.

18. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? And you can prove it somehow from novel?
    If your normal energy capacity is 100 and you just took in 10^100 inside you, even if it's pure, just where this of-limits energy goes? Where you can possibly store it?
    Since I only expressed personal opinion, I really don't get what are you arguing about. Yes, people in different chinese and not only chinese novels constantly treat intelligent (who can talk) animals like animals. And they (they here=overall) treat other humans the same too, if you didn't notice - constant talking about stealing destiny, treasures on LM body and refining souls is kinda beyond common morals of our world.
    As I said, I think it's the same behaviour as Nazi since I do have my own sense of moral and can freely judge who I want based on it. Does it spoil my enjoyment? M-m, no. They are not my possible friends or say president candidates after all.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They might not store it in that case. They could immediately use it to train or release it from their pores. I think the most likely thing would be them simply not eating as much as a world king. They'd have the food strengthen their bodies without worrying about such things. At any rate when I said no side effects I was talking about pill toxins and harming their foundation not eating so much they accidentally kill themselves.

It's not an argument.

20. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    They can't use too much for training (some they could, I agree here), and releasing excessing energy is the same as wasting it. I still think they would eat it to broaden horizons or something at most.
    Well, meat would not have pill toxins anyway (since it's not pills, :D). But I get you.
    Okay then, my bad.
    BTW, On Earth we do not have intelligent life other than humans yet, but we do have it in books and so on. Language is used by us live people, so I hope authors (or translators) someday will start refer to other intelligent life as he/she.

My language uses gender pronouns for all living things, and most non-living things. Table - he, door - she. Only small number of things have neutral pronoun, and all of them non-living. Mirror - it. So you can probably imagine how frustrating this English rule is for me from time to time.