Recommendations Marvel fanfics

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Pyrtzii, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Pyrtzii

Pyrtzii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like title says, i'm lookin' for marvel fanfics, anything is fine as long as it doesn't have bl, harem or authors usual pervert fantasies. ML/FL both fine.

2. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pyrtzii likes this.
  4. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... strictly speaking Super Detective in the Fictional World is mostly Marvel... Marvel and a crapton of movies and Police TV Series
    (like his uncle being Grissom from CSI or him working in the same department as Riggs and Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon)
    edit: I should add: it doesn't have a harem... he has off-screen intercourse with a few different ladies... but he's not in a relationship and isn't seeking one, nor are his paramours

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Sai101 and Pyrtzii like this.
  5. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gems of Infinite Potential - 12-step program parody done better.
    A Twelve Step Program to Omnipotence
    The Spider

Also, all of these have harem. I have rarely found a non-harem Marvel/DC/Crossover fanfiction. The 1st and 3rd aren't too bad with it, though. I haven't read them in a couple of years, but from what I remember it's mainly flirtation for the first dozen or so chapters.

Pyrtzii likes this.
  6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. It's just arrogance on the author's part. Done different? Perhaps. But better is thrown out when your character is much more evil. Mike's worse thing early on was probably Wakanda and it wasn't intentional how exactly the chips fell there. This guy intentionally enslaved Hank Pym with mind control and then froze him or something IIRC. Outright villainous character isn't competing against a greyish hero. Now https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13085438/1/Godhood-For-Dummies would probably be a better fit there.

Pyrtzii likes this.
  7. SodaliteExcel

SodaliteExcel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends are you looking for x readers, reincarnation, OC x OC, or just reader insert. Avengers, X-Men, or Marvel because theirs a lot of MCU characters. When searching you have to be specific. Crossovers are easier for no romance but romance ones are more common unless you look for a reader insert or a reincarnated character or Fluff stories. Iron Forces is a great fanfic but it's an Avengers/Star Wars crossover. I´m Voldemort MCU Xover is my favorite fanfic though. None of the two have harems just a bit of romance between 2 characters but focuses more on the story than a romance.

Pyrtzii likes this.
  8. Cole

Cole Always Bored AF

Reading List:
    Link
    My Steel Suit on comrademao. world hopping to diff. films, no harem and romance.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Pyrtzii likes this.
  9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    SodaliteExcel and Pyrtzii like this.
  10. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spacebattles has- Gods Who Roll Dice
    An experimental OC in Marvel who keeps getting powers randomly and never convenient gamechangers ( it goes from mere ornamental stuff like ability to make constructs from the little blood a normal human can afford to lose to a good power like the robotic body that helps him deal with the rest of the surprises by introducing precise controls, organized automatic index but still has the tradeoff his body look robotic from close up and now needs maintenance)

The great thing is he doesn't get what he wants or conveniently needs. The random part is because the author set up a small but very diverse system with criteria per dice rolls ( 4 separate conditions of power level 1- 6( the blood thing is 1, the robotic thing is 3 or 4, a 6 is a necromantic style power he doesn't want others to know because they would probably want to kill him and hasn't used it much yet, even covertly), how long till next roll, how much the power downgrades if the random superpower wiki throws up something obscene like omnipotence ( even if that hasn't happened yet) etc.)

He kinda has shit luck. One of the first powers rolled ( after the weak blood thing) was a Lake Monster Physique meaning he got partial Nessie looks that are no good now that people can see he is a freak they will lump him in with the prosecuted Mutants.

Edit:On the whole Gems of Infinite Potential vs 12 Steps to Omnipotence. I dropped both, it was just that while 12 Steps had my attention for a long time, Gems lost it really quick. The difference was the almost paranoid preparation of 12 Steps MC who was just another code monkey carefully using carelessness and gaps remembered from movies to start his path by snatching some suits from Tony's ruined exhibit when Vanko droids mess it up for Hammer industries which was a cool thing, and the MC also allied with the big brain guy Bruce Banner went to before the whole Hulk vs Abomination thing by convincing him the MC's goal was also uplifting humanity and its biological potential ( so long as MC was first and best in the enhancements). It was actual work and an interesting approach for me.

Gems starts with a guy who happens to be born to rich people, finds and instantly convinces subordinates and brainwashes on the regular like the poster before me pointed out. That's just a very lazy solution. Oh, Gems MC worked for it all even though 50% of needed shit just flies over to him on a silver platter.

12 Steps isn't outright superior and has its own faults, but the MC has to actually think, things don't always go to plan and his friends and coworkers aren't mindlessly obedient and their actions aren't just boons for MC, they also sometimes give him more headaches to solve ( his big internal instability was gathering all kinds of tech and resources and the crazy scientist team starting to tinker with no safety or common sense precautions before he made mandatory rules and timetables for their projects depending on possible threat rating of specimens and research direction. He still encourages them and their work, just while nudging them to a less likely lab disaster scenario and more to glorious progress for mankind).

Moreover, his future knowledge and decisions on what to do when specific movie events happen also lands him in hot water because no one was cool ( having so many intelligent people near will make it impossible to lie to them for long) with him letting the Avengers alien invasion started by Loki happen long enough to look like MC reacted in a hurry when he really preplanned his entire response and arranged the company in the best position for rebuilding New York and reclaiming the Alien tech debris. It was still better than canon, it just so happens he got a lot of advantages and people close to him didn't like the callousness of that plan and were even more pissed off he never bothered them for any input or trusted them enough to tell them he knew some future.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021