Discussion Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster will be censored

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Feb 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Oh noes, the male gaze! reeeeee-

Seriously though, this is just plain stupid. What monsters would hide such a work of art that is on par with the mona lisa?

I also remember seeing some of the development team for the upcoming dragon age 4 and you know what I saw? I saw an overweight man with short blue hair..

It's already a lost cause guys.

2. plutotheplanet

plutotheplanet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why do companies keep listening to the sjw's

3. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't effin' know WHY would a game company cater to the 1% that consists of screechers on the internet that most likely wouldn't play the game itself, much less pay. Then, abandoning and spitting the most loyal fans of the game. I don't even care if the staff consist of overweight people with rainbow hair that identifies themselves as god roflcopter, so long the game's integrity is still intact. These days, most big game studios hire staffs that grown past most chuunis and broke another threshold for weirdness, not because they are skilled, but a diversity hire.

This is why most Indie devs/game studios are good nowadays, they just care about their game's quality since they're always on a sink or swim situation.

Sabruness and AMissingLinguist like this.
  4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    idiots complain.
    stupids listen.
    retards nevertheless buy.

repeat

AMissingLinguist and Cadika like this.
  5. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not on my must get list ... got the original trilogy for my old PS3, still plays ok and it's not nazied ... though if they dropped a patch that made the controls the same from one to the rest it wouldn't hurt ...

6. plutotheplanet

plutotheplanet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well at least we have the modding community

AMissingLinguist and runsing like this.
  7. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those wondering why would a company just cater to the oversensitive 1%, all you have to do is open up any marketing book that includes social media marketing that was released in the past 10 years.

Engagement, Engagement, Engagement. the more a specific demographic appears to be engaged, the more they seem like a core demographic according to the obviously flawed social media marketing metrics.

Now ask yourself, who has the time to be engaged with bullshit social media marketing? the average person who is taking college or work seriously and maybe visits some forums for info before checking out a game (assuming this person has any social media in the first place), or the guys who seem to sit on social media for a good portion of their day.

They make these decisions because that is what their "engaged audience" wants, they hire those people because that is what their "engaged audience" wants.

Now, just like me you may have noticed that there is one (very big) flaw in this system, how does the company guarantee that the engaged audience will buy what they offer? The answer is they can't, this entire system is entirely hoping and praying that the engaged audience would buy the product released. The book that was part of the curriculum for my marketing module specifically pointed out that the correlation between social media marketing and new purchases was difficult to quantify, and yet the book still insisted that this type of marketing was worthwhile and very important for the future of companies.

and to return to the point of the OP, what were you expecting from the BioWare that gave us Andromeda? to just fix the issues the original trilogy had and update the graphics? that is just wishful thinking at this point.

Don't be loyal to a company or a brand. your loyalty should only be to yourself and your wallet. Evaluate every product on its own merits before even considering buying it.

8. patient

patient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just link the article next time instead of some triggered neckbeard youtuber

9. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    My issue with the Remaster has nothing to do with the lack of gratuitous butt shots and more with the missing DLC. I know they said they couldn't put it in because the original was corrupted, but really, you're telling me they could snag a copy off a DDL or Torrent site? Or even a rabid fan? I mean, I think I might have a copy of the Pinnacle Station DLC download on one of my external drives current though I have yet to look.

How hard would it have been to put out the word a year ago when they were still working on it that they needed a clean copy? But no, they were so busy trying to keep a secret that was already making the rounds as internet rumor for the last two years so they couldn't possibly confirm it by asking for help.

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The simple solution to censorship is to completely boycott them and ensure they understand that it's because of the censorship. Companies wouldn't understand if you tell them with words. You need to tell them with money. Make a hole in their wallet, then they would listen.

11. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    ...so, what exactly did they censor? As far as I remember, the sex scenes were laughably bad in ME1 and ME2 anyway. Also, since it's just a lame remaster, you might as well get the original version at a cheaper price. Furthermore, considering Bioware's recent track record, is there anyone actually looking forward to this?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  12. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The missing content is split into what was censored and what was 'lost'. starting with what was lost, the Pinnacle Station DLC for Mass Effect 1 has been lost according to bioware due to data corruption, though according to the fan wiki this has been the case for years as Bioware was unable to bring over the DLC to the playstation 3 version of the game for the same reason. https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Pinnacle_Station
    I don't understand game programming so I don't know if this is just laziness on their part or a legit reason that makes them unable replicate it in the legendary edition.

Moving on to what was censored, so far what was publicly admitted is that they will remove fan service shots of Miranda Lawson. fanservice shots by themselves are no big deal, they provide nothing tangible for the story and thus are at most a bonus. However, the reason for the removal was that the fanservice shots were 'problematic' by modern day standard which just begs the question, what else will they remove if they find it problematic by modern day standard? will they tone down the humanity first tone of the Renegade path? the fact that they are willing to do it once means that they are more than willing to do it again.

so the legendary edition right now is nothing more than an officially released 4k mod that will potentially remove some elements that were already present while ignoring the most glaring issue that damaged the Mass Effect Trilogy. (the choose your own color glorious ending)

My interest in the release of the legendary Edition only extends to the expectation of a trashfire as has been Bioware's track record with their latest releases. I am simply interested in seeing if the BioWare touch will hold true.

13. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
  14. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Apparently, the devs wanted to remodel Miranda but does not have funds. They also admit that if the game is made today, the Asari would not make it into the game.

Fishy_MC_FishMan likes this.
  15. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda wish they had the funds to remodel Miranda. Her face is already ugly enough. If they got the guy who modeled Sara Ryder, it would have been interesting to see how much uglier they could have made her.