LCD Master Hunter K

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Faust, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think it was more like enemy feel extreme fear. Probably has too short range for the fight he was in. Or the author forgot it. :)

2. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the author forgot about it.

Anyway.. I think that there are too few chances for the plot to improve.. I'm still expecting something extraodinary to happen, but, I doubt that. Maybe the MC will have to fight against the forces that control that game before ending that game?

3. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite like it as an episodic story. Each short arc is built on the foundation of the previous one with a new twist or question each time. Slowly progressing forward to why he was sent back and what the point of the trials are at all. It does the mini arcs building up the overall story arc pretty well if you like each episode. Think of it as a TV series like Sailor Moon where you have the weekly monster with a bit of character development thrown in. Over 40 episodes a season is completed and the current major threat solved.

Many other episodic stories tends to make the arcs too long, making the overall story not progress at all and not allowing for new mechanics to be added or explored. Another common issue is to expand the cast too much, forcing a lot of screen time or forgetting characters.

Dori likes this.
  4. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    So, in the end, the main idea of the story is to 'build up' the character and his perspective/toughts/emotions by using a linear game where he knows what he'll fight?

5. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    My view of the series, which might not be the one you have or the one the author intended is of that kind. The fights are part of the entertainment but don't really matter to the overall story in most cases. The secret bosses are there for tension since he did not fight the majority of them previously.

The author is giving the normal bosses interesting gimmicks to make the fights worth showing and have a bit of tension. They don't contribute to anything but the MCs development and background to his world. They aren't life and death fights he might lose in my eyes.

It is a series that different people will take different things form. I am always focused a lot on the characters and the plot than the action. I do like action though but it isn't the main point in a story for me. For somebody focused on the action it would likely satisfy as well since there are a lot of fights and the majority of the content is about that.

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Troll hunting season is here! Too bad the marble only allow one teleport per session, or I can imagining MC go troll killing spree right after his hidden boss kill, by the way, is he allowed to kill the hidden boss in the other field?

7. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems like a bad deal for the MC. Losing out on 1k+ stat points for not clearing out his own raid fully and gaining 10k coins. This white coin is the only thing that might make it worth it. There hasn't been any items worth buying for a while now, except the future unknowns from the shady store he is frequenting. Of course eliminating trolls is worthwhile long term but the stat loss could be even worse.

fanobody likes this.
  8. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and even the mob he kill in other raid don't give him point. What is the point of losing stats for gold. He don't even get the stats for the mob that count for 90% of the raid and the bonus for finishing faster than the time limit.
    And when will he get a skill other than magic and on item?

9. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if isolated skills exist. It seems like all non-magic skills are tied to equipment.

10. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember he reasoned that he does less damage to his own team if he doesn't hunt the mobs but just goes for the bosses and hidden piece. Taking 90% of contribution pretty much kills his teammates since they get gimped for the next chapters. As he does it, he gets as much as he would if he did a good job while fighting with the team without wasting time and lowering his power to coordinate with the others.

11. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    In this setting they are going for the final 10/15 people. Anybody else will die. If none of his 4 team mates are of a calibre to reach that threshold then him taking the points extends their life another round or two at the utmost.

I can agree it is an indirect "troll" though. Killing them slowly instead of instantly. The morality is kind of shitty from my point of view but it depends on the type of morality one adheres to.

The author addressed this point of missing stats in the latest chapters so it seems fine. Buy high level spell scrolls and buy stats directly with points.

12. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can buy stats with point? Is it a spoil? But the major issue that i find is his stupidity, you want me to belive that he survived to be the last survivor without knowing even going to a magic shop? He don't even know what to do with magic and mind power. Didn't he had to fignt mage?

In reincarnator, they say why he survived, he had a trait and talent to be in the last 4. But k is a nobody that could survive for no reason, he said he could survive because of luck in his teammates at the start and had less point because of this. He should be op because of his exp from his past life and stats so why does he struggle whit the begining raid?

Sorry, i had to let it out, i think i will drop it if the mc is not more smart in the raid 10. It would be nice if the mc used bug to kill boss instead of using brute ability.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    More like he's planning to buy an item that increases stats.

He survived because he's a masterful swordmen. He was good enough to earn the god of sword title last play-through. He focused completely on physical stats back then however. He didn't invest in magic and put everything into Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina. The equipment would have covered the skills he needed.

He struggled in the beginning because he had low stats and he doesn't bother buying any items to make it easier because he's stingy with his black coins. He also tries to fight alone when the missions are designed to be run as a team. If he had stuck close to the team so that they drew aggro then he'd have walked through all the beginning raids easily.

zeus and Sea Dog like this.
  14. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The shady shop probably will fulfill all his needs/weakness. Even making money when trolling dies down. And he needs money to get
    9th circle magic spells and Mythical Tier items he never saw even as the last survivor.

15. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Best quote from the novel ever haha.

If Besgoro had a body, Kei would probably kill him:D

zeus, 0000000, Raneday and 4 others like this.
  16. Oppa

Oppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Jaded I agree best quote! Got me laughing hard while working on the chap

17. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    considering how besgoro actually wanted to marry vampire count daughter at age of 40? hes is just virgin oldman.

18. Oppa

Oppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @redleaf97 Correction! Dirty virgin old man xD

Overclock likes this.
  19. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    K called it criminal, but is it in Korea? In America it isn't illegal, and at most you just get looks.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably not illegal.