Discussion Math is the key to modern magic!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of understand the Matrix now in depth. Information is eternal but not immortal. Data are the subatomic particles and information are the atomic particles that exist in our observable universe. Information can shape or form existence in infinite variations. Truly the divine matrix of the cosmos is the supernatural. Information can be understood through common variations comprehensible to us, but among these common variations is the universal observation of the information. The beloved and hated mathematics.

Imagine deciphering the divine matrix in small circles until a sequence yet unknown to us is revealed. Observing and mathematically solving this cosmic formula, mankind should be able to enter an age of magical science. How truly wonderful would it be to experience the supernatural phenomena we see or read only through fiction or in our minds. Magic necessarily need not to be supernatural in its nature. Do you believe mankind will finally able to become enlightened beings capable of harnessing numbers to powers? If old magic in staple fantasy uses the logic words carry power, then numbers in our reality should be able to manifest the same power through science!

Let us be Pandora in this modern myth! Unravel the secrets of magic through the mundane. Many historical figures that contributed to modern civilization all discovered secrets laid bare in the mundane world. Come! Release it! Free the bindings and extol madness from our hearts! The yearning of the snake coils every knowledge hidden from us! Eat it! Bleed it out! Make low of the high and make high of the low!

2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *slap* Keep it together man! Deep breaths deep breaths!

Fulminata, dhRPGamer, kfahad and 3 others like this.
  3. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's some strong shit...

4. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, does all this mean that we can do teleportation magic now???

5. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    after reading this. . .
    i tried catching bullets. . . .

now i got a freaking hole in my hand. . .
    guess i'm not good at math .

Nazgand, dhRPGamer and Negiomi like this.
  6. Exvalkyrie

Exvalkyrie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dafuq are you smoking?!:ROFLMAO:

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry to say but that idea have been thought long time ago
    try search topic universe relate to math on ancient conspiracy thing
    there some weird books even published
    something like universe create by math which vibrate and dimension is separated by that vibration
    or how a genius Indian mathematician who related to infinity thing said his knowledge is passed by god called ganesha
    so yea magic can acquired by math cuz well if you can reach understanding about universe tlwith math then it same with magic

9. Raphenox

Raphenox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a mathematician, I find this funny. We had a discussion about this back in my university days when we were talking about god and evolution. Someone said that god created us since it was improbable that something as complex as human beings could be created through natural selection. Someone countered that humans are so imperfect, we are limited to the 3rd dimension and our fundamental knowledge about the universe is derived from mathematics that we as imperfect beings have created for our own convenience. Its because of these limitations that we cannot understand or perceive certain elements of the universe like dark matter. Someone even threw out the idea that our mathematics may in fact be flawed and only make sense within the construct of our 3rd dimensional world. What if the world of ghosts and gods existed, do they exist on a higher dimensional plane we cannot perceive? The 4th dimension, the 5th?

This begs the question, if there existed a logical pattern of thought similar to mathematics that could derive the changes/workings of the universe and explain everything, is it really magic/supernatural or is it just another set of calculations? Magic and supernatural phenomenon has certain unexplainable elements that science and mathematics cannot accommodate which is why we use such terminology. They don't fit our understanding of the universe much less with the constructs we have created like mathematics.

Long story short, it's highly unlikely that "our" math is capable of reaching the level of magical competency like you wish. In the case we humans are capable of creating a system of magic that works, it's highly unlikely to be called magic and instead just called "science." Even in the cases where we cannot explain everything about a system, we don't call it magic. If we did, it would be similar to calling dark matter magic. It isn't, it's unobservable mass and we still don't know what the hell it is.

10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle states that the more precisely the position of some particle is determined, the less precisely its momentum can be known, and vice versa. This implies that the very act of observation fundamentally changes the amount of information we can gather on physical phenomena.

This constraints the limits of our observation of physical phenomena, in a sense making finite the infinite possible behavior of physical phenomena. The implication being that somehow, if we learn enough, we might someday be able to non-stochastically limit the behavior of observed phenomena simply by using methods of observation!!!

For example, by using special apparatus, we might even be able to cherrypick the desired phenomena!!!

Spontaneously cause amounts of hydrogen to fuse, without muon interaction or stellar core temperatures and pressures. Maxwell’s demon is a thought experiment to get around the laws of conservation of energy, by allowing only hot molecules to pass through into a specific receptacle while blocking cold molecules. This might actually be doable in reality!!

This could possibly be a fundamental power learnable by humans, with the augmentation of special equipment...

A modern sorcerer could spontaneously cause a massive surge of Hall’s effect on integrated circuits, shutting down computers...defying probability, condensing all the heat in a room causing a heat explosion...inversely freezing people solid.

:blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

11. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    *tries to read* hmm.. yes yes..
    *after a few minutes* ... uhm.. done! what is it again?:blob_tilt: :sushi_dead::blobflag:

Maybe i'll try again later.. My brain gears moves slowly atm.. T^T

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Frustration, depression, and regression.
    The movie was nice and who would have thought his last equations would contribute to black hole theory.
    That is why it would be categorized as modern magic. A magical-like phenomena created though science rather than occult. It's all a matter of perspective.
    Settle down, wizard boy. You might end up exploding in to a magical mushroom cloud.
    This is the first time I saw this blob.

userunfriendly and Naruin like this.
  13. dhRPGamer

dhRPGamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one, no one understands The Matrix. The first was alright, but
    was exactly my thought when I saw the second. Then at the end of the third
    Wait, who am I? Where am I? What am I doing?

On a completely unrelated issue, I once read that though we're 3 dimensional beings, there definitely exists other/higher dimensions. Author of said article commented that out of all known forces, gravity is by far the weakest, for no apparent reason. He postulated that it's because the force of gravity is spread throughout all the dimensions, whereas majority of the known observable known forces are limited to the 3 that we lived in, and at the end of it he estimated that there's probably 27~8 dimensions.

TamaSaga likes this.
  14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Would that not mean gravity is technically the strongest if it were all condensed in one point of space-time axis? Fuck'en law of entropy!

Oh yeah... black holes. Fuck'en super massive gravity clusters!

Wait, if black holes are just one particular byproduct of gravity, then gravity could do much more destruction than a black hole could? Fuck'en universal death scenario!

dhRPGamer likes this.
  15. dhRPGamer

dhRPGamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, according to them experts, that's how the universe began. XD

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a math system novel on Webnovel.
    Give it a try