Spoiler Maydare Tensei Monogatari: Kono Sekai de Ichiban Warui Majo

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, May 15, 2020.

1. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This little fool, her thoughts gives me a headache.... she should clear her mind and look at everyone...

2. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never thought I would be continuing to make defenses for Airi but when I look into the text I'm actually pretty surprised.

Yeah the thing is for Airi, it's escapism, a way to feel free from her problems and the past, trying to forget and rather make-believe she is this ultimate hero in the story, it's not helped she is enabled and told she is the savior. That's is the biggest problem she is surrounded by yes men and enablers. I think with Makia back in her life she will teach Airi a few things and WHY she is her guardian and not just some "evil" witch. But hey that might take a while.

This world is so much better than her old one ever was, so why would she listen to anyone there, especially with how they judged and treated her, because while I do agree she was a toxic friend and manipulative and parasitic to them, she should not have been blamed for their deaths and should've had better support from other networks in her life. And therapy. Lots of Therapy and counseling. I mean it's why she refused to take or even mention Tanaka in this new world, her family name because of how that impacted her. (someone tell me if that ever comes out if Makia ever reveals that tidbit to her or does anyone know if Makia ever tells Airi the truth)

But because she was a teen, and she suffered this loss with no real positive coping mechanism, support, and suffered ostriction, she didn't, couldn't internalize or deal with the pressure of it all, so she turned to escapism to try and drown it all out. Probably the best thing to her, write a story. And to some extent she is right, she does has some form of plot armor (she is a major component in the story for now), surviving her kidnapping, her inital attack at the school which killed her friends and probably others as the novel progress and it does on the surface from an outsider's perspective, it's just another isekai. But we the readers know it's not and that the true protaganist is Maki, the so-called Worst Witch.

Like I pity Airi, but god she can be annoying and obnoxious.

For Airi, the world she is in seems to indeed be a typical isekai story where someone from another dimension is destined to save the world, and she is told this and has been for around two years, so there is expectations there and she wants the reward of the boy Saitou/Thor.

I think she is subconsciously drawn to him because she did have a crush on him and while it was a HUGE dick move on her to confess to him despite knowing Oda's feelings, Oda wasn't making much progress on that front and they weren't dating, and besides Saitou rejected her in the end.

If things were black and white all she would have to do is defeat the "evil" witch (the villainess) and get the boy and if this was another story perhaps. But OH things are never that simple here.

She's a fool because she ignores her problems, rather than facing them and if dealt with them, wears a mask of arrogance and certainty. Maybe we will learn more about her as time goes on because on the surface she is genre-savvy. She knows her fairy tales and common tropes and characters. and she did write the world after all, or at least one version of it. Her problem is her arrogance and her conviction in making quick and wrong assumptions and that she hasn't realised she is in the wrong story.

And I don't think it's entirely her fault, but I can't wait for her reality check when it does come.

At the moment, I think Airi just needs some therapy and a reality check, especially being told you were to blame for your two friends deaths (disappearance in Oda's case). I also don't think she is inherently a bad person, I think she cared for Oda and she did like Saitou, it's she is just a very lonely person who craves affections and made a LOT of shitty decisions and is toxic to those she cares about in trying to maintain that.

Airi is a surprisingly more complex character than I expected, but I might be looking too much into it.

Either way I'm glad they tackle the consequences of Saitou's and Oda's deaths in the real world and how that impacted Airi and the families there. Especially since Airi still dreams about them. Like that entire first chapter blew me away with how they straight-up murdered Oda, Saitou and seemingly Airi in a very brutal fashion, and then introduces us to Maydare, and the implications this is not the first reincarnation rodeo. I love it.

Who knows maybe we might see more development from Airi.

And if not well I would eat my words. Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

3. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for Airi's story @MightyDragoon453 :aww:
    Though i think she's pitiful and helpless, she's still annoying af. She needs to open her eyes and sees for herself. Assuming someone as evil just because of their ancestor's unfavorable reputation is stupid.

4. onionskins

onionskins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So.. What's the end game?
    Did Airi change and apologize for what she had done?
    And what happened to Makia and Thor?
    Did they end up together?

5. Dofu

Dofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FAMILIARS AFTER THEY MAGIC DISAPPEARS? MC's hamsters are so precious and adorable. I love them

sunflowerunderthesun likes this.
  6. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait WHAT! Where the fuck does it says the magic will disappear?

7. Dofu

Dofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was one of spoilers.

MightyDragoon453 and WhiteCoffee like this.
  8. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck, I love this story but I hate it when the magic leaves the world. Then again that is the web novel. Some details might be different. I mean they opened the story a bit differently there.

Oh and btw I forgot to mention this here is where you can see some of the raws for manga

lostross, TrinaAngel, tk_10 and 4 others like this.
  9. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
    REVEAL

I was about to say something, but I held my tongue.

She really was a hopeless girl.

No matter what she was told, no matter what happened, Airi only saw a story that unfolded the way she imagined it, and characters that were how she wanted them to be. As long as she believed that this world was in the story she had written.

“You’ve always hated witches, huh, Airi. ...No, Tanaka-san.”

“...Huh?”

At first, Airi stared at me in puzzlement when I called her by that name.

“You think I’m an evil witch. Because you need an evil witch in your ideal story.”

I finally understood. That was why you were so angry at me back then.

The role you wanted me to play was a wicked witch who did evil. You weren’t worried about me because you thought of me as a friend…

“That is destiny, that is what’s right! I know it. Because this world is my——”

“Please stop talking!”

I also raised my voice and silenced Airi.

“What do you say you know? This isn’t the world of ‘The Story Where I Will be Happy’ that you wrote. We aren’t ‘characters’ who move in ways that are convenient for you!”

Airi’s eyes widened at the mention of that “title” from my mouth.

There was only one other person who knew the story of the novel she had been writing.

“This world is ‘Maydare.’ Each and every one of the people living here are struggling to live, have their own pasts, and have feelings you don’t know about. Eugene Batiste, who died after his body was taken over. What exactly do you know about him…!”

How much of this world did you say you know about?

There was certainly a reason why Professor Batiste hadn’t come forward about being a Guardian. There was a woman he wanted to protect at any cost. You didn’t even know about that. You didn’t want to believe it.

Not everyone took pride in their role as Guardian and blindly loved the Savior.

There was no doubt that Airi was a precious and exalted being, but she must know that each one of us had our own non-negotiable circumstances and important people.

Ah, for some reason, I felt like crying again.

Because Airi, Tanaka-san, was still oblivious.

Even if I stared at her and pleaded with her, my words didn’t reach her, and she didn’t try to see who I really was.

You didn’t know anything, not a single thing, about me.

“Tanaka-san. You still don’t know who I am?”

“W-Who are…”

“I am——”

That day, on the school roof in that other world.

A pathetic and dull girl who had lost the childhood friend she loved and her best friend at the same time.

“I am the reincarnation of ‘Oda Kazuha,’ Tanaka-san.”

I put my hand on my chest and declared.

You couldn’t perceive it just by looking at the surface. The name of the other me, the one in the back of me.

That is what I’m going to share with you, my best friend and love rival from my previous life.

“Huh...Oda...san?”

Her large eyes lit up with a deeper color of surprise than ever before, and unable to even blink, Airi froze in place.

Thor’s face also stiffened next to me.

The other Guardians probably couldn’t understand what I said either. But I had already reached my limit.

More than being convinced that I was an evil witch, I couldn’t stand the way she interpreted the people living in this world to suit her own convenience.

I had to tell you the truth, even if it meant shocking you.

For Professor Batiste, for Thor and the other Guardians, and for Airi...for your own sake.

Even if you don’t consider me a friend, even if you consider me as your enemy, this is something that only I, your former best friend, can tell you.

“...ah.”

I was starting to feel a little lightheaded. I felt dizzy, and my body felt hot.

Maybe it was because it was the first time I let out something like a secret I had been hiding for a long time.

Wanting to cool my head a bit, I turned my back to Airi, pushed open the heavy doors myself, and staggered out of the cathedral.

“Milady!”

Thor ran after me.

“It’s fine, Thor. You don’t have to follow me. You should stay with Ai…”

Thor pulled my shoulder hard and looked at me. He seemed to be panicking heavily.

“Milady, are you alright? You’re crying tears of blood!”

“What?”

Thor’s words were unexpected.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, and while not knowing what was going on, I rushed to the fountain in the central square to look into the water.

“U-uwah, what is this…”

I looked terrifying. My eyes were bright red, and I was crying tears of blood.

Was this a side effect of the〈Scarlet Witch’s〉magic?

Everyone was probably speechless, and my head was probably spinning. I mean, this was something out of a horror movie.

“Milady, we have to do something immediately! It’ll be terrible if you lose your sight!”

Without letting me respond, the overprotective Thor carried me and hurried to the palace infirmary.

As I was being held by him, I wiped the tears of blood from my eyes and looked at the cathedral again.

On the other side of the open door, I saw the Savior Airi sitting down on the floor in a daze.

Hey, Tanaka-san.

It’s as though we’re continuing the fight we couldn’t have back then.

FUCK YES WHAT A REVEAL!!!!! For anyone who want Airi to have a reality check this is the First Step in it.

Fucking knew it and called it. Step 1, in reality, check complete. This story never ceases to amaze me. Like if there was anymore proof the story she wrote was wish fulfillment it's "The Story Where I will Be Happy".
    Really on the nose there is it not. I think this is another reason why Makia was chosen as the recent Guardian because she knows Airi better than anyone and how she sees this world and its people as "characters" made for her and tailored to her own devices, and that Airi wanted Makia to be evil, to be a scapegoat, but Makia isn't putting up with that bullshit. FANTASTIC!!!

I also knew Makia would use "Tanaka" as a way to clue Airi in and really hone it in, that she is MORE than what Airi could EVER expect, that she is not just the descendant of the "Scarlet Witch" but also the reincarntion of her dead best friend. I also like how Makia is genuinely upset Airi didn't recognize or realize sooner she was the reincarnation of "Oda Kazuha" and the mess of emotions she has been facing saying this, she has been keeping this secret for YEARS and now Airi and the other Guardians including Thor know exactly who she is even if they have no fucking clue of the true meaning of it. I love that bit at the end this confrontation was a long time coming especially as a kind of sequel to what should've happened on the roof.

"Even if you don’t consider me a friend, even if you consider me as your enemy, this is something that only I, your former best friend, can tell you."

Exactly, no matter how we as readers might feel about Airi Tanaka. Oda and Tanaka were friends and it was incredibly fitting to give Airi the first meaningful reality check she needed for the longest time possible

Also love how that resonates with Thor too and shocks him even if he might not realize the extent of that yet.

Faelrix, Sara0jan, izznis and 25 others like this.
  10. RevieLeCrensia

RevieLeCrensia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want more spoilers

11. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so if i understood correctly you are saying that one of the Gaurdians was the professor in Makia's acadamy and that he died?:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  12. MightyDragoon453

Reading List:
    Link
  13. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi!
    y'know,, this is one of my favorite manga,
    (because the average Japanese manga only updates once a month T-T (the adaptation))

- the one who stabbed saitou, tanaka, oda was Achromea??
    So, the real enemy in Maydare is Achromea too..?
    - Airi remembers her past life, but doesn't want to remember?
    - the world of maydare is not a novel, but a novel that airi wants to make (by airi)
    - the professor with the owl was reincarnated 500 years ago (well, I already thought this)
    - Makia reincarnated 4 times;
    goddess of war, Scarlet, Oda Kazuha, and makia

1- does thor remember his life on earth?
    2- in ch 22 I only see 3 guardians (2 boys + makia) where is the other 1?
    3- what is the difference between the roles of the guardians and the heroes?
    (i mean at this time the guardian is in charge of protecting savior to 'somewhere')
    what is the role of the heroes at this time?
    4- The ending fate of Airi's plot

well, maybe just this first
    I hope to get an answer..:blobupset:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  14. sanjanti

sanjanti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you look back at the spoilers,
    someone mentions the missing guardian, who apparently turns out to be a professor that I can't recall the name of, and the spoiler says that there was a woman he (the professor) wanted to protect, and that's why he doesn't come forward as a guardian, because the guardians are expected to love the saint regardless of any personal emotions or opinions

15. lulie

lulie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the novel raws? I've been interested in this story for a while, and I'm willing to read it to give spoilers. But I can't find any raws to read. Is the novel done but not translated? Or did the author not publish anything other then what's been translated?

16. ushii

ushii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For your first question, Im pretty sure he gets flashbacks from Makia making him a sourplum riceball thing- Ive forgotten what its called but its what Thor liked to eat in his previous life and he says to Makia "I feel like I've had this before" :)
    SonI'd like to think he does and the manga shows some scenes of Oda and previous Thor enjoying the sourplum riceball/ onigiri :D

17. chiri.ru

chiri.ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers on the prince who's part of the guardians and his ex-fiance? Is there really no chance for them to get back together, no character development? i felt sad reading chapter 23 of the manga

18. NyxEa

NyxEa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanna know if there is a 2nd ml of some sort or what role does the blonde guy have in this novel. Will he be getting in the way of makia and thor?

19. raeeeda

raeeeda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can i get a spoiler on her three friends, the prince gurdian and his ex fiancee and if the saint ends up with anyone, and her reaction when she finds out that her friends are reincarnated

Lilazeaf likes this.
  20. eardun

eardun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Makia was stabbed by Hadefis (he's the God of Death). He isn't a villain, though. The main villains are Achromea and an evil magician ("Blue" something -- sorry, I forgot his name).

That's how things went in the webnovel, at least.

Princess Neala and Lucila like this.