Movie Maze Runner: Death Cure.... Actually Good.

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Viola, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've come to not expect anything of YA movies, especially so for when they are part of a series.

Nearly all of them are just... bad. Really bad. But I think Death Cure is not one of them.

The 1st Maze Runner was a guilty pleasure of mine. Not to say I couldn't recognize all the faults it has, which it most definitely has... but I still really enjoyed it.

The 2nd Scorch Trials was not memorable in the least. It wasn't bad but really wasn't good. Completely mediocre and maybe that is even generous.

But this 3rd one... maybe it is cause I wasn't expecting anything from it but oh boy was I blown away.
    They really upped the action. All the action scenes were great plus an awesome friendship that kept me really invested in the characters as we progressed along the film.
    Despite a rather generic progression of the plot they still gave me one surprise at the end. Despite its standard type of plot the beauty is in the details. Which I think this film did a very good job at.

This is no award winning movie (except maybe something for its action scenes) but it is by far the best entry in the series and just a damn good time even with a near 2.5hr run time.

To anyone put off of this film by the lackluster 2nd entry in its series I think you should go see this new one.
    If only for the great action scenes and world that they finally showed us.

No poll since this is such a new movie, but if you have seen it feel free to comment what you thought of it or the other films.

Just a recommendation from a guy who was expecting Scorch Trials quality but was very happily mistaken.

AHKoT and pirateking36 like this.
  2. Ghost9029

Ghost9029 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not released in India yet and after reading your review I am even more excited now..

kenar, pirateking36 and Viola like this.
  3. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm still looking for the maze. . .

Antman2015, AkeShiro and Lithit like this.
  4. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Bummer. I saw it pre-opening night.
    It's worth the wait is all I will say.

5. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, at least it reach a trilogy, how many movie do you think that adapted from novel that can't reach the so called trilogy ?

6. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    So the name "Maze Runner" but no actual Maze?(I haven't seen any of the trilogy)

7. Simple As It

Simple As It Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the first one was good enough but second was meh. it feels like reading filler chapter.

I haven't watch the third one but I never expect something good on Movie now days especially Adult Teen type of movie.
    I prefer books than the movie, like Ready Player One, I borrow my friend account to read the book few weeks ago and I got to say it was satisfying story. I don't expect much the movie adaptation since it was cramped into 2 hours or so.

8. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
    there is a maze in movie but it was like you play SCP simulator with traps however in the second movie there is no "Maze" at all, it was a filler chapter like I said earlier. if watch it the first 30mnt and skip it to last 30mnt you won't miss anything

9. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy it finished the Trilogy.
    It went from an unsatisfying and forgetful 2nd installment to a great ending to the trilogy.

Even at it's worst Maze Runner was good enough to continue.

There are some YA movie series that should never have had a 2nd release let alone a 3rd and soon to be 4th (Divergent).
    A lot of other were right to stop before they damaged the books too much.

Totally agree.
    Books are always better.... even YA books.
    Ready Player One was a fantastic book and i doubt the movie will even capture a tenth of its greatness. It will miss out on soooooooo many of the small moments that made the characters who they are.

Plus the trailer spoiled a big change they made which already has me pissed off.
    Movie still looks stunning though. In the visual department.

There is only really 3 things you need to know from the second movie... 1 happens in the middle and the last 2 are right at the end. Know those and you are set for the 3rd. The 2nd was just so inconsequential.

10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Books were way better tho...

Viola likes this.
  11. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    oh. . . i just noticed congrats on winning the logo contest. . .
    if it was ages ago sorry i just saw it now. . .

also. . .
    your not drawing by request anymore?

12. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to draw something but I don't have much free time cuz I need to slave out myself to paid my college debt. Heck! I even didn't update my DA page for quite sometime. I draw some sketches tho but all of it was NSFW and it was for HF account

13. Antman2015

Antman2015 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the first one more than the second one. the second one is just too boring

14. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily the 3rd is far better than the 2nd.