Recommendations MC don't have everything

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by A Name Not Chosen Yet, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't put that here as I felt it didn't fit the request. The MC in Commanding Wind and Cloud gets far too much given to him on a platter. Sure, he can't do everything, but he does get all the advantages that a typical cultivation novel protagonist does, even if its better explained in his case rather than being written off simply by "enlightenment's" and "genius".

The MC can't do Magic. Cultivation & Magic are separate in this stories world, using different energies. While the MC can use the energy which develops inside the body, he can't even sense the energy which is used to create spells. So while the MC is a peerless Warrior with as many if not more advantages landing in his lap as a typical Cultivation Zero-to-Hero character, he still can't use magic.

youseiki likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of the Cultivation God may work for you. There's no romance so far in the parts that have been translated though, and no one is translating it anymore. Also, it's pace is very slow by this site's standards.

3. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only liked your coment for the Gantz reference, sadly can't help you mutch with CN novels there.

5. Bigriend

Bigriend Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Sintress

Sintress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vesper has a hard time and even after she gets super powers she is taught very quickly that there are much stronger people. Nothing particularly gets handed to her instead she earns it through blood, sweat and tears. You might like it though it is in the Superhero genre. The Vespidian

7. Akashura

Akashura [Fake-Harem Hater][Saber Fanboy][Tsundere Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
  8. yanpi

yanpi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Conquest - the girls MC encounters do not fit his standards of beauty at all ...
    Otherwise as mentioned before - Gate of Misfortune is a not so lucky MC ...

However, I think Western novels should be more fitting towards your requirements.

And there was one transmigration novel on RRL ... the guy got screwed over as he got nothing special ... like nothing at all ... just cannot recall the name, sorry.