Recommendations MC escapes from ML?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by StellaStar1, Jun 29, 2021.

1. StellaStar1

StellaStar1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone!
    I am quite new to the wonderful world of Novel Updates, but I already have a favorite and am asking help to find more novels of the kind. Namely, are there novels where MC (usually female, doesn't have to be), runs away from the ML and he tries to hunt him/her down?

The perfect novel to convey this is I tamed a tyrant and ran away
    Another really good example is I got pregnant with the Tyrant's child

Some other examples, not perfect but here it goes::
    - The villainess is a marionette
    - Adonis
    - Everything was a mistake

Usually the ML is a yandere obsessed with the MC, and is powerful figure (Emperor, King) who has the resources to do the hunting on a large scale. I go for most genres, so any recs will be very much appreciated!

Gushishi and Krinxin like this.
  2. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Krinxin

Krinxin Book of Weird Animal Facts

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! I'm not sure if this'll be your style but,
    The Villains All Fell in Love with Me After Rebirth
    Is a good novel, its a bl harem novel bout an MC who goes back in time and all his previous enemies want to build a relationship with him.

StellaStar1 likes this.
  4. LinXueLian

LinXueLian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh! I kinda like this trope as well! If you're fine with BL, I can list a few:

Scum Villain's Self-Saving System: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-scum-villains-self-saving-system/
    The MC's reborn a villain and is pretty terrified of the ML since he thinks the ML wants to kill him. The ML actually really, really likes him though, to the point of obsession. It's a happy ending. It's also got a very pretty donghua.

Every Day The Demon Lord is Escaping His Marriage: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/everyday-the-demon-lord-is-escaping-his-marriage/
    I'm kind of following this one right now. The MC does something awful, then he's reborn and tries to keep his distance away from the ML. I'm only 9 chapters in, so the premise may change in the future. The ML manages to find him really quickly and latch on in this one... :sweating_profusely:

(If you're fine with something more brutal and in a beastman environment)
    Beastman Forcefully Raising a Wife: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/beastman-forcefully-raising-a-wife/
    This one comes with a heap of warnings, tbh. It's pretty savage since it is in a rather primitive, scary and dangerous world - there's gore, death, and other things, besides; always a sense of danger for the MC when you're reading. The ML is a snake beastman and he's.... let's just say he's not used to human customs at all. :sweating_profusely: The MC is literally terrified of the fellow the first half of the novel and tries to escape repeatedly.
    It's pretty different from a lot of novels I've read so far. I love world-building so I picked it up, and it does deliver when they build nests and create new living environments, even pottery and agriculture.

Hope that helps~ :aww:

StellaStar1 likes this.
  5. ellie357

ellie357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    <i stole the child of my war mad husband> probably suits your preferences the best, based on what ive read, however its still early in the novel so i wouldnt read that one quite yet. i have a lot of “mc tries to leave but the ml wont let her” if ya want

the obsessive male lead made me the female lead
    there is no counterattack from the supporting character
    i became the male lead’s female friend
    the tyrant won’t let me go
    because she had a time limit, she became the villain’s daughter in law
    first love never dies
    i became the secretary of the tyrant (the manhwa is farther than the novel, and the art is BEAUTIFUL)
    when the male lead is obsessed with the daughter of the villain family
    i was the unrequited love of the male lead
    i dislike the male lead’s child

other ones you might enjoy

i became the master of the villain
    i raised my childhood friend as a tyrant (similar concept to adonis with the time stuff, and the manhwa is more upated than the novel)
    i lost the leash of the yandere male lead
    a villainess for the tyrant
    the symbiotic relationship between the rabbit and the black panther (manhwa is further along)

StellaStar1 and inactive_rose like this.
  6. StellaStar1

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so so much for the wonderful recs, I think I'm gonna read them all!!!! :):):)

LinXueLian likes this.
  7. YanniMTL

YanniMTL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently MTLing Guide to Stabilizing the Blackening of the Villainous Husband, and it has a part when FL runs away from the ML. It's CN, so I don't know if you'll like it? :blobxd:

StellaStar1 likes this.
  8. StellaStar1

Reading List:
    Link
    Is a manga (BL though)[/QUOTE]
    Just read the manga, and oh boy, it was PERFECT! Thank you so much! Really enjoyed it!!!!

9. elliejoy123

elliejoy123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Can I ask where you read 'I got pregnant with the Tyrant's child'? Did you read the novel or the manhwa?
    Also here's some reqs! (il add if i can remember more!)
    To take an enemy's heart (manhwa, BL, complete)