Recommendations MC gets too strong, thinks he is weak

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by pookiepie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. pookiepie

pookiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for novel, where MC gets too strong/OP. Male or female. He starts training or something because he is weak but then gets way too OP for one reason or another. Or even without training, maybe he is a farmer eating spiritual herbs and gets OP that way. Something along the line of dense MC, but in terms of his power. He should think he is average or something, but could rival powerhouses.

To be Power in the Shadows could maybe count. You can check my reading lists.

EDIT: wow, thanks guys, keep them coming

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Peerless dad manhua but only at the first part. MC thinks he is weak because he was defeated by the first guy in the murim. Of course a little later he understands he is strong after beating a number of people.

3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of Heaven's Path
    Running Away From The Hero

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
  5. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    whats that novel where the main heroine is a gorilla?that guy thinks he weak too.....

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. GameMaster

GameMaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That persom later on ...

8. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I become the demon Lord and my territory is an island - Mc does not realise what a a beast he his, always undervalued his magic

So no something something - weak mc ran away from home to a mountain, comes back years later, without knowing that the mountain he dominated has the world's most powerful monsters, that person later on

10. Prime43

Prime43 Member of the Polygamy Sect

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    A cultivation journey of an old dreamer, guy is like 90 years old and by cultivating for a few years he entered spirit severing from ISSTH, he goes outside and month later he is dao seeking, but he does not consider himself strong.

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link

Tilea’s Worries - MC is super OP but thinks they are just a weak chef, in one scene they get their weapon with 1 million attack power enchanted with +1 attack which makes them very thankful for such a powerful enchant.

13. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda reminds me of the manga Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari
    Baka manga link here
    MC's the weakest child of the village who wanted to be a knight/soldier of the kingdom. After relentlessly persuade the village elder, he was permitted to go to the selection/test.
    Here's the catch: the village is actually THE last village before the Demon King's castle of sort & the villagers was actually retired heroes, staying behind as sort of suppressor unit in case the Demon King awaken & boy the MC's despite being the weakest was actually quite OP compared to normal people LOL
    Other, probably Magi's Grandson, Strongest Sage & The Man Picked up by the Gods

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  14. Drakolous Maxima

Drakolous Maxima 《一条龙》

Reading List:
    Link
    Sono mono. nochi ni

Also Savage Divinity on RR is good in the way the perspectives wake and is a personal favourite. As is Invisible Dragon.

15. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    I Said Make My Abilities Average! She knows she's strong but she doesn't know the common sense of strength so she hides it... badly
    Master’s Smile OP mc does administration work. He have OP yandere tsundere subordinates harem (but he consider them as family)
    I turn my attention to blowing the charging goblin away from Maho with a magic bullet. Well… that’s what I tried to do, at least…

In practice, the goblin’s whole body is blown to pieces, and the sound of exploding flesh accompanies the act.

…Damn it. I’d messed up when I’d tried to use just the right amount of power. W-Well… what’s done is done. What can I say, it’s been a very long time since I was last involved in a fight.

Nowadays I just lock myself up in my guild and do paperwork. Putting a little too much power into it is, let’s face it, a pretty easy mistake to make.
    The 5000-year-old Herbivorous Dragon main MC is a weak dragon. Second MC is an super OP loli. The loli believes her power comes from the dragon. If loli found out dragon is weak she might lost control of her super op power
    The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazing on the Dragon King’s Lap MC is OP because she's loved by ALL fairies. MC thinks: yay friend! But in this worlsd, fairies are the thing that allows people to use magic, i think she basically control the world's energy & can destroy a world just by saying it to fairies.

16. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Power in the Shadow - Don't know if this will satisfy your criteria, the Mc is strong and knows he is, it the next part that may interest you, the mc has strong subordinates that form one of the world strongest force, and he doesn't know it belongs to him, he thinks they are just friends playing with him

17. Hriday212

Hriday212 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell the name?

18. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link