Recommendations MC in Modern World and knows magic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Shivam8900, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Shivam8900

Shivam8900 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a novel where the story setting is urban in Modern World. MC has magical powers, or other superpowers, or maybe a cheat system. He should use his powers in really smart ways to make lot of wealth, or maybe wield political power.
    I am not interested in useless dungeons, or fighting mystical beings or monsters, or plain outright adventures!
    I just want mc to have special powers in this same normal world. EVERYBODY must be normal except for him, & he uses those powers to make his life a lot easier and gain fame!
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Iiloveme, Miercing and animefan217 like this.
  2. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I came back but the world is stil a fantasy
    (Is the closest to your requierments that I know of. Tho you have to know the timeline is very jumpy in the beginning. Does not use his powers to make money, but rater to get information... Ohh, I should mention that politics/racism/worldism play a big, but small role in the story, and that there are times when the focus is medival fantasy world.)

kyoshijiro likes this.
  3. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    I also recommend I came back but the world is still fantasy
    also
    Kidnapped Dragons
    Kill the hero
    The Novels Extra
    The Card Apprentice (its not really modern day, but social and tech is comparable)
    Mages are Too OP
    I'm really not the demon gods lackey (70s rather than modern)
    Ex Rank Supporting Role's Replay in a prestigious School
    Colossus Hunter (currently not being translated due to legal reasons)
    Solo Levelling

most korean fantasy novels are set in modern day lol

4. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Politics & wealth aside, the novels that I know got magic & fantasy in modern world are:
    Cop Craft
    Versatile Mage (KOR)
    I am Sorcerer King (manhwa)
    Irregular at Magic High School
    Seoul Station Necromancer
    My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me

animefan217 likes this.
  5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    The Last Science [SE version]
    The Last Science
    The emergence of magic in modern word. I suggest read SE version, it have same content but split into smaller chunks for easier reading and enjoy.

6. Shivam8900

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro.... that's the important thing!
    I am not interested in useless dungeons, or fighting mystical beings or monsters, or plain outright adventures!
    I just want mc to have special powers in this same normal world. EVERYBODY must be normal except for him, & he uses those powers to make his life a lot easier and gain fame! Get the idea?
    Please recommend some more if u have read something like that!!!!

7. black1198

black1198 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little different from yr req but try
    Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel

Mc rebirth and have past life memories of his job as dev in some tech company and he use it to start his own business.

Gets rich, get the girl and have superpowers while everyone is normal till late chapters or the last arch of the novel.

But mostly it's about him making his life alot easier this time, gain fame, become filthy rich and get the girl he loves.

Shivam8900 likes this.
  8. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, got it, Urban modern day + only mc have the supernatural power/system, everyone is normal except mc,
    Plus no doomsday or apocalypse, demons or whatever happened, just normal world

Elixir Supplier (fit your criteria, although the mc have different temper, he's lowkey, doesn't showoff, doesn't really try to gain fame, since he's aided by godlike system, it's obvious he is very op compared to all people in this novel which is basically all normal people)(note:some stuff are nonsense since mc's power is right up very fantasy, and maybe at some point, you will find this story boring)

God of life (cheat system, in modern day, this really fit with your criteria, mc try to make his life easier with system, but sadly it has really bad translation)

God of Cooking (there's no superpower in this one, but his godlike system aided him to be a great chef, and it's really awesome read, try this one if you haven't yet)

The Rise of Otaku (I haven't read far yet, but this fit your criteria, everyone normal except mc, and he have superpower)

Shivam8900 likes this.
  9. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Galactic Garbage Station
    The titular garbage is actually from other worlds ( Coiling Dragon, One Piece, Swallowed Star, Independence Day ( or War of Worlds one of the aliens attack and get nuked movies anyway), Desolate Era, Battle Through the Heavens,...)

It's exactly what you want. Only MC of all native humans has powers ( due to ingesting foreign matter like monster meat from Coiling Dragon or smoking some spiritual plants from World of Immortals or getting mental powers from a dying Spirit Reader from Swallowed Star) and aside from chapters with new garbage, he spends most of his time seeking fame and fortune using precious resources ( as example, mere debris from Stellar Transformations is a very precious wood for sale in this world and in very large pieces due to it being a species from a xainxia world. Bottom line, their subpar or normal is our amazing or one in a lifetime).

His enemies are also only ever lifeforms who get transported along with the garbage ( maneating plants from One Piece, a lamia/snake lady from BTTH, etc.) with local humans ( even dangerous ones like organized crime or special forces) being easy targets for exotic powers they never could have expected to be real.

There are 630+ chapters tled, and mtl is finished at over a thousand chapters.

Shivam8900 and animefan217 like this.
  10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Shivam8900

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you bro! Top Management does seem to be interesting, and it's rating & reviews is simply too good for me to not read it! So, I'll give that one a try for sure!
    If u find other suggestions, pls post it here!
    Thanks again! :)
    I don't want futuristic settings! That needs a lot of focus on world building, and I'm not interested in it for now! Besides, they have animes, so I'd rather see them! Anyways, thanks for responding! :)
    Looks like, u r really interested in slice of Life novels! ;)
    But fame factor is missing in them...so I'll skip them for now, but thanks for the responding! :)
    This one sounds more like what I wanted! I'll give this a try! Thanks for the recommendation!
    If any of u has more recommendations, feel free to post them here.
    Thank you everyone!:):)

12. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? It's not futuristic though? I don't recall him changing the world with any tech.

He does show off precious materials and skills ( skills which are merely byproducts of training in superhuman regimes of music, physical fitness, spiritual training,.....) all the time so people do scratch heads over how he is so good at any field he gets challenged in by another dickwad. It's like IRAS in that manner.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Shivam8900 and animefan217 like this.
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Past Life Returner is your best bet

14. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Tranxending Vision
    2. Yama Rising
    3. I Got A Cheat Ability In A Different World, And Become Extraordinary Even In The Real World
    4. Power and Wealth

Shivam8900 likes this.
  15. Shivam8900

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, Sorry bro...seems like I misunderstood it!
    It does sound like what I wanted!
    Thanks for the suggestion! :)

16. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean. Too often authors either go with " there were a bunch of clans and families with superpowers hiding." and I am all how did these arrogant fucks ever hide anything longer than a damn minute, much less centuries?

Or the MC rapidly disseminates their tech despite it letting the world merely be behind them a decade or so which is not a lot when entire countries have people to study and reverse engineer the bullshit black tech. Doesn't make sense as a person.

Would you give away any tech from Resident Evil as a prdouct or whatever before getting much more advanced shit from somewhere else like Star Trek, Starcraft, WH 40k, etc? I know I wouldn't, it is way too risky.

Which is why I recommended this novel, neither of these mistakes happen. There is no hidden clans, secret organizations or even special government departments.

Just an MC who is using everything coming through to make his desires come true and secure himself. The world at large knows nothing about his powers and the few people who do don't have evidence or even live long enough to gather any. Anything weord he does is either just weird or one of many rando urban myths online.

Shivam8900 likes this.
  17. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Shivam8900 likes this.
  18. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shivam8900 likes this.
  19. chillidude

chillidude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a God in Another World : MC creates an identity for each territory, Pharaohs for middle east, sword immortal, and body cultivator for china, Onmyoji for japan, holy Knight for France, vampire and werewolf for Germany, mountain giant for Russia, Dragon Blood Warrior for USA, and Arthur and his knights for England. Earth originally does not have any supernatural power, he brings it from other world, makes everyone believe that its the era of spiritual recovery.

MC finds out he can travel to another world from earth whenever he wants. He finds primitive people in other world who start to worship him. He starts to condense a Divine Shard in his body meaning he has the potential to be a God. He finds out that he can choose his own priest dome or create a new one that doesn't exist. He ends up creating one based on earth universe. He becomes strong in the other world and slowly creates cultivation techniques for earth as well. Similar to Shepherding humanity.

Shivam8900 likes this.
  20. DarcDavel

DarcDavel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is,
    Power and wealth
    I am a prodigy
    Peerless genius system
    World's richest man starting with 7 billion red envelope