Recommendations MC pretending to be normal/NPC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by endel, Dec 13, 2020.

1. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any novels where the MC is a transmigrator/player/superpowered individual/reborn person etc., but is pretending to be an NPC/normal human/non-transmigrated person/not reborn in front of other transmigrators/players/etc.? Like the MC is not really a NPC or a normal person, but the others all assume that? very specific, I know ^^°
    It doesn't matter if it's BG or GL or BL, or no romance, would love to read anything close to that.

Ceilo27 likes this.
  2. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a legendary boss

Unfortunately webnovel dropped this one like 300 some in, but you could mtl rest if you really like it

endel likes this.
  3. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem to remember that I read one, but forgot both the title and the argument.

4. Ceilo27

Ceilo27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about this one:

Title:
    Reincarnated Maid is About To Be Captured by All Players

Description:
    Being reincarnated into a game world, I not only became a girl, but a highly-popular highly-skilled beautiful NPC maid? ! Most importantly, on my second day [as a maid], the favourability game mechanic was introduced, as long as a player fills my favourability rating with them they become my new owner and can take me home? Nevermind that it’s not just male players, but why do elves and orcs or even female players have favourability ratings with me? (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻ “I should just starve myself to death, or die on the streets...

Danthefanokaku and endel like this.
  5. LastEnD

LastEnD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary mechanic

Blank-1, AbrarMalik and Astaroth like this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess The Legendary Mechanic would count.

MC is transmigrated as an NPC, but there's still players as well. Though he's anything but some random mob character trying to hide away under some rock or whatever if that's what you were looking for.

animefan217 and endel like this.
  7. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds pretty good, so I will give it a go nonetheless! Not really what I'm looking for, since he seems to be an NPC (albeit a self-aware one), and not just pretending. But I love NPC MCs all the same, so this is still great ^^

This looks great! Can't wait to read it. Also not exactly what I'm looking for, since the MC seems to really be an NPC (even if she knows about players). but since I also love novels with NPC MCs, this is still a great find :)

Same problem as the ones above, but I was aware that my search is incredibly specific. Still, I haven't read this novel yet and it's been on my to-read-list for a while, so I will finally get to it haha. thanks so much for the rec!

8. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would recommend The Legendary Mechanic for its action description and it’s world building.

endel likes this.
  9. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes transmigrated and become a character that was an npc, so he pretends to be an npc when the players come in around chapter 50 or so, but he still has access to the forums and livestreams and checks them out sometimes

10. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal Conqueror

The main character was bored with immortality and omnipotence so he decided to travel to another universe to save it but he has to pretend to be a normal person with non-heroic goals to fool the enemy until he gains enough power in the other universe to defeat the threat.

endel likes this.
  11. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Colossus Hunter. It was taken down, but I'm sure you could find what's translated somewhere ;).

System Apocalypse-type novel. The MC kills his friend (due to him being part of a world-ending cult worshiping Chronos) and picks up his necklace as a memento. The MC is the last hero protecting the world, all the others died in a big battle. He eventually dies as well but wakes up before everything began. The MC realizes he's been caught up in his friend's time-reversal ritual and pretends to be normal in front of him.

The friend wants to become the world's greatest hero (which was the MC), so he takes the MC's previous Job (Magic Swordsman, I think). He's basically how most Second Chance main characters are like, just with a stronger inferiority complex. He uses what he knows of the future and rumors to become strong.

The actual MC, however, was the world's greatest hero so he knows what top-secret opportunities were available. So, the MC lets his friend take his former opportunities, while he aims for the better things.

endel and Kalione like this.
  12. kuroba

kuroba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    endel and Kalione like this.
  13. Kalione

Kalione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't seem like people are speaking about this one, or maybe this one is the reason why op is making the thread. Anyways, I just started reading Game of the world Tree, the concept is so well done and very refreshing. Basically MC is a Goddess and helps people from earth to transmigrate to her world in order to use them for her purposes. The transmigrators believe they are players, the fantasy world is a game and the people around them simple 'NPC'.

Lord Sith Lego and endel like this.
  14. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds great! And sounds exactly like what I'm looking for :) thank you for the rec!

This sounds super familiar omg. I think I actually started to read this novel before it was taken down?? or a super similar one idk. Now I have to look for the translation aaaa. but thank you for the rec!

Nice, sounds like what i'm looking for! Thank you for the rec ^^

Ohhh, no I haven't read that one yet! But it sounds really good ^^ thank you for the rec!