Recommendations MC that has over the top luck

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Milanin, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    tl:dr at bottom.
    I am looking for a novel that has a main character that has mostly luck and not much else (maybe being non-judgemental to anything and anyone until they find out more about them?) to thank for the success that he managed to get where they are.

Example #1:
    I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!
    Where MC is reincarnated as a only child of a declining frontier noble house after dying from overwhelming debt and work coming to knock on his door. He tries to be an Evil Lord that would make his subjects suffer, but first decided to build up the economy to even have anything to take from them.
    ... I've finished reading vol4 of the wn

Example #2:
    I Got Reincarnated And Mistaken As A Genius?
    Where MC is reincarnated into a parallel modern Earth where WW2 never happened because of a disease wiping out a large chunk of the population including some key scientists altering the tech to a alternative. In his first years of life he scribbles nonsensical things of male dreams (robots, etc) and his scientist mother really makes them with his "help" when he scribbles on papers with almost impossible equations and solves it correctly.
    ... Am currently on the latest chapter of raws now that the author started writing again.

Preferably JP novels with a syosetu or kakuyomu (or a not locked alphapolis even) other sites too.
    Or translated novels of other languages...

tl;dr: A luck based MC that is kind to allies, hard on enemies,preferably with JP raws
    P.S. ... Prodigy/Genius =/= Prodigal ... Genius/Prodigy != Prodigal ... If the MC isn't just a basic Prodigal, at least explain it a bit please.
    P.P.S. ... A good luck based MC...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say Rebirth of a Godly Prodigal , but that's CN

Milanin likes this.
  3. goldmark25

goldmark25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Milanin likes this.
  4. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendation, personally hate p2w system logic in novels though... Will try it out though.

Edit: ... Won't be reading it, since the first of the things he finds unacceptable is the size of half a pinky? Really? That's the first thing that's shockingly unacceptable? Doesn't bode too well for the novel's future. Also, I hate manipulative types like the fiancee for loan thing.

Thanks as well for the recommendation, am fascinated by genetic skills, but also personally dislike "artifacts" or any kind of item that causes the change and not the MC themselves.

5. gpn159

gpn159 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendation, but can you please tell me, is the MC just a wastrel or does he positively effect the world around him?

Edit: ... I skipped ahead to see if chapters 11-154 exist and are just not shown on NU, but... chapter 10 that I decided to read out of order... Poor waiter... I can't stand a MC like that...
    Just up and go away FFS! Go home and have her cook for you again! Which part of neither nor do you not understand?!

7. WilliSugars

WilliSugars Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it. Can you really call it good luck though?

9. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many cultivation novels where mc finds sth. that makes him strong and only has to make a step to trip over treasures everywhere.
    Like Battle Through the Heavens Mc gets a ring wich holds an ancestor who teaches him alchemy, his childhood sweetheart is the young miss of the second strongest sect in the world and he only has to walk for a bit to trip over treasures which coincidentally are perfect for his cultivation.

Milanin likes this.
  10. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    That's pretty much why I preferentially asked for JP novels, since if I wanted a "everything falls into MC's lap via grandpas and grandmas" novel, I'd just click on the first CN novel I can find.

11. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to some degree “The novel's extra“ could partially fit your bill...

Milanin likes this.
  12. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Slime tensei.
    I would say rimuru is super lucky

Edit: oh, only luck as power... i have nothing to offer.

Milanin likes this.
  13. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Rimuru is overly lucky. I've read the wn translations when clown was still translating... I've left off somewhere after it was revealed that the reincarnated guild master (or what have you) is using some sort of mind-control to make other do his bidding...

14. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Rimuru is a bit of a cheat character skill wise and the lucky side just comes along...

15. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the size changes a lot within the first 100 chapters. And the fiancee... she's not really the manipulative type, she's more of a 'I might not like you that much, but I won't let that get in the way of me actually trying to help you out because it's the right thing to do'. MC's father would've loaned them the money because they're old friends, but her father would feel too bad about it, so he decided to set up the engagement instead (their only problem with the situation is that the MC is so weak at that time, that they're afraid she'll become a widow before a mother)

16. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    And I quote the daughter Chapter 1:

"No, no, no, there is no way I'm going with you all to the Hong family to get engaged!" Tang Muxin buried her head under the pillow and furiously kicked her legs in frustration. "Hong Dali is the city's most well-known wastrel and a disgrace to the Hong family. He is so frail looking and dim-witted, and he's a standard prodigal. There is no way I will have such a person as my fiancé!"

"So you choose to sell your own daughter instead?" cried Tang Muxin. "That guy is such a prodigal, so what if you manage to get the loan? When we get married in the future, all our money will still get squandered away no matter how massive our fortune is. It is only a matter of time… sob, sob…"

After crying a little more, knowing that this was the only option left, she unwillingly climbed out of bed. "Then I will give it a try. Sob, sob. Daddy, you must remember to cancel the engagement in the future. I'm definitely not getting married to that prodigal!"

17. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eduarda and Milanin like this.
  18. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is the one I want the focus to be on. Or at least the POV of different people looking at one person.

19. Eduarda

Eduarda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to mention Cultivation Chat Group too. Though at the point of the translations that I've read, there hasn't been any direct cannon connection to MC's luck and Senior White's luck, as Senior White is always with MC so others assume it's just Senior White's luck rubbing off on MC. But I think it's getting more and more obvious that MC also has heaven defying luck of his own, and it isn't just Senior White.

In this world though, the luck is defined as high risk high reward. So getting attacked by an erupting of a long-dormant volcano out of nowhere, but if you survive it, you'll get some kind of legendary weapon for example.

20. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link