Recommendations MC that has over the top luck

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Milanin, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    An English Original Web Novel: 100 Luck And The Dragon Tamer Skill. MC, and a couple hundred other Earth Humans, are randomly transferred to another world, after the world's made aware of the fact that Humanity will be destroyed unless it works together. The transferred individuals are informed that they're a second-option for saving Earth's Humanity, if they better the world that they're going to, Earth's Humanity will be saved. They are given a Stat and Skill System to work from.

MC accidentally maxes out his luck (100), and then immediately relies on it to choose his skill. He then immediately is required to rely on his increased luck to survive where he ends up.

2. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendation, but a original from 2016, and has been "dead" since February this year at that... I've read it way back when Aho was still around.

3. JemBlem

JemBlem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mir and Milanin like this.
  4. Kyrin Fireheart

Kyrin Fireheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group is actually a really great novel. And I would totally agree that the MC DOES have heaven defying luck it's just buried under other things because of a great author. As a person who generally dislikes CN novels and writing style I would still recommend this very much.
    P.S. Senior White does have ungodly luck but his main super power is that if he doesn't control it he will unconsciously charm anything and everything. Gender or species won't matter :p

5. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    I am surprised that I haven't noticed it being said either... But it's all the same, since I'm already reading it...

7. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    kenar likes this.
  9. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel's Extra
    I would take him as a tad unlucky, but he still has his 'inhuman' luck status of 9.1+. He would have died ten times over without it.

*Read at your own discretion.

10. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if he cheated the system so much when selecting luck and perseverance that the system said Nope, you're not having that anymore...

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is incredibly unlucky ('go for a stroll and random things fall on you and you nearly die' and 'all the Emergency Room doctors and nurses know you well', level of unlucky), but he's still alive despite that, so doesn't that mean he's actually incredibly lucky too?
    Maybe that's what the person who recommended it meant.
    The MC himself wonders about that at one point and gets confused.

Milanin likes this.
  12. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Went to check... I've read up to chapter 60... But then stopped in may of 2016 even though there were still some chapters left (14 chapters)... Now it's even finished? With a epilogue on chapter 109 and 2 extras after... Maybe I'll re-read it

kenar likes this.
  13. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he get anything from it? Stuff about stuff being revealed or anything? Or is it just a chance happening?

14. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Super Gene
    That's my favorite novel. Top 1 in my list

15. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, it's already finished. I should start reading that one xD.

16. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why is revealed, eventually. I haven't actually read through to that point (or I skipped the part with the explanation), but I have read spoilers that answer it.

Short version, MC has instinctual reality-bending powers, and his bad luck is partially due to him basically giving his luck away to other people (and honestly believing that he has horrific luck), while his good luck in surviving is due to things like him refusing to die. There is more to it, but that's the simplest and best explanation I can make from memory of the spoilers I read.

mir likes this.
  17. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally before they've actually met and going just on what she's heard.

18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are very frequent of hints that it means more than the MC realizes, but the mystery continues for a long time.
    I still haven't reached the part @Darius Drake mentioned, but I have read those spoilers too a long time ago. All I remembered was that it did mean something, not specifically what.

I don't remember clearly, but I think there was a side story that talked about the day he was born. He was supposed to be dead, not breathing, and even the machines said that he was pretty much dead. The doctor was freaking out because he thought it was his fault that the baby died, and he was preparing to explain to the mother and family that their newborn died because of his mistake. And then suddenly the baby was completely fine, healthy, breathing, crying even and no one could explain why. But the doctor was so happy that he decided not to question it further.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  19. friehun

friehun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Am Really Not The Son of Providence. The mc starts off unlucky af but then gets the power to steal other people’s fortuitous opportunities and increase his luck. Pretty good story, wish there was more tho

20. paddokuma

paddokuma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link