Forgotten Title MC with partial memory loss / amnesia & ML is devoted to and possessive of MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by jackyross, Mar 11, 2021.

1. jackyross

jackyross Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for the title of this book I've read a few months ago.. I tried searching using different tags but I still can't find it. Here are some points in the story:
    • Completed novel in a Modern setting / during Modern times
    • Female MC has amnesia / memory loss - she thought she killed her father(/stepfather?)
    • MC's father(/stepfather?) left her and her mom to go with another woman and start a family - only later to die by his daughter's hand (he wasn’t the real father
    • MC and ML first met when MC was in her teens, ML sought out MC's mom to be his teacher/tutor to be close to MC and they became lovers
    • ML comes from a powerful family (from a Triad / Mafia / Underground Societies) where he and his brothers are fighting amongst each other and family has different illegal businesses
    • ML trying to protect MC from everything even from herself
    • MC undergoes hypnosis to try to remember / release repressed memories
    Here are some points that I'm not sure if they belong to this novel (I've read A LOT of novels and some are similar that they seem to run on together)
    • May most likely be a Rebirth for the MC and most probably a Chinese novel
    • first few chapters may include MC getting saved by her boss when she was going to get sexually harassed - later on story shows MC's boss keeps having different lovers because he can't have MC when in fact he loves her
    • towards the end of the novel, MC gets kidnapped by the "doctor" who performed hypnosis on her and gets taken to an isolated location with buildings similar to ancient civilization
    • A few males are interested in MC - male characters with backgrounds in entertainment, military and underground
    If anything is vaguely familiar, I'd appreciate your help.

2. lavecinth

lavecinth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is “Doppio Senso” what you are talking about? It’s a completed Korean novel. It is romance, mature themed with a mafia organization. The MC’s parents die from a member of the organization who later on adopts the MC and pretends to be her savior, calling himself her uncle and sexually abusing her (but he never slept with her), humiliating her in front of other men and such shenanigans. Moreover, she meets another man from the same organization, kind of a long story but he falls hard for her and they together along with some other “obstacles” try to find the killer of the MC’s parents take revenge cause the man she meets (who doesn’t know that the uncle was the killer) also has a grudge against the so called uncle-murderer. Anyway, If I continue I’ll never stop. If this one is still not what you were looking for then I hope someone else comes to your rescue, but “Doppio Senso” is a great read with a lot of suspense, sensual mature scenes a magnificent romance between the two and a well built plot overall. Their compatibility both in bed and their relationship is really wholesome and I’m not gonna spoil the ending for you. The reason I answered you is because what you described really resembles this novel. :)

jackyross likes this.
  3. jackyross

jackyross Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not what I'm looking for but that's a good story. I'll add that on my To-Read list.

Thanks lavecinth

lavecinth likes this.