Recommendations mc with poison type dao?/demonic cultivation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by saltedfishh, Aug 9, 2021.

1. saltedfishh

saltedfishh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    um okay so i'm looking for cultivation novels where the mc uses poison to fight or cultivates a poison type of dao or something, it'd be nice if the mc actually fights himself and is not completely weak. if there's none then an mc that cultivates the demonic way is fine too, i mean- mcs don't have to always be on the good side if y'know what i'm saying. and, yaoi/bl is preferable but not necessary i guess. mmkayy thanks in advance! :blobmelt:

2. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm...the protagonist from Black bellied Doctor uses poison a lot. She even annihilated a whole sect using poison.

saltedfishh likes this.
  3. Aniv2008

Aniv2008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mo Dao Zu Shi if you haven't read it yet... who doesn't love Wei WuXian? :love::whistle:

Atsumio and saltedfishh like this.
  4. saltedfishh

Reading List:
    Link
    bumping the post cs im desperate for cultivation novels now :blob_pout:blobmelt_thumbs

5. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    A couple of English Original's came to mind when I saw this:

Fates Parallel: Two girls who ended up on their own made their way to a new school built by three countries, each of which with their own developmental specialty, with the intension of having their children learn all three specialties before they get too old to do so, and see how that affects their development. The developmental specialties are Magic, Cultivation and Martial Arts, and the two end up accidentally dual-cultivating. In addition, due to a qi deviation, one of the girls ends up with a "demonic core", which they're dealing with in the latest chapter.

Molting The Mortal Coil: The second one I thought of does have a MC that starts cultivating a Poison Dao, but only after a vast number of twists and turns. Warning, this is a SLOW story, and takes forever to start moving. Usually Cultivation Novels have great beginnings and slow down the longer they run. This one takes a while before the MC actually manages to start cultivating techniques and methodologies actually appropriate to themselves, for various reasons. Basically, MC starts out, loses family, and gets some manuals that, while not appropriate for advancing his cultivation, gives him alternatives to staying alive than just fighting directly. Many chapter's later, MC's in a stable spot, having avoided those hunting the remnants of his family down, and eventually stumbles upon an area with a wide array of cultivation manuals, and learns that he hadn't been advancing mostly because he had been stupid in his choice of cultivation manual, and a way to still get the benefits he wanted from the manual without actually having to cripple himself doing so. A few hundred chapter's later, and MC's ended up on his own again, and ends up forcefully apprenticed to a Poison Master, due to numerous reasons. This story is currently 627 chapters long, and it does regularly get faster as it progresses, but the beginning is slower than trying to swim through molasses nearly thick enough to run on.

saltedfishh likes this.
  6. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Evil:

Reverend Insanity and Warlock of the Magus World.

Demonic:

A Demon’s Virtue (mc is a demon) and The Founder of Diabolism (never read it, but is one of the most praised novels out there).

Poison:

Almost all female MC cultivation novels out there, cos for some reason Authors can only ser woman fighting with poison and alchemy (biased chauvinism behavior probably).

Against the Gods MC is male and also a poison expert, but the novel sucks and MC doesn’t use poison as primary dao.

SylviaViolet and saltedfishh like this.
  7. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a last minute tip, i just start to read Douluo Dalu (first novel) now (as i tried to see the anime but dropped it in the past) and MC start the novel following a somehow poison dao.

His spirit is a plant and he focus on evolving it to be poisonous, hard and with regenerative powers.

saltedfishh likes this.
  8. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    He uses it a few times but it's never in the focus. His powers shift towards other things very soon.

:blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    And half those novels are written by females (apparently) :facepalm:

saltedfishh likes this.
  9. saltedfishh

Reading List:
    Link
    mmhm yep i've read like a few hundred chapters of the manhua version of Douluo Dalu and it's more like the MC's of a dragon descent? or was it that he had two powers and fused it? or was that the wrong volume? but anyways im pretty sure it was more to do with a dragon?

10. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that's the third part....... reading it without reading the first two probably felt confusing at best.

saltedfishh likes this.
  11. saltedfishh

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read a little of the manhuas of all 4 volumes so it does get really confusing most of the time... :confusedcatblob:

12. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhu Xian
    Tian Ying aka Heaven's Shadow

saltedfishh likes this.