Recommendations MC with unique powers

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AzuriEclip, Mar 23, 2021.

1. AzuriEclip

AzuriEclip Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for an mc with unique powers, something that isn't usually seen in most webnovels. Something like Klein's powers from the Lord of the Mysteries, certain abilities of Qin Mu from Tales of Herding Gods or Su Ming from Pursuit of Truth. Preferrably no romance, please.

2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe something like:
    Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (the powers are amplified w/ the images of bear)
    Re:Monster (can gain others abiltes by eating them (MC's a cannibal))
    Spirit Migration (moving MC's spirit to other living being/container)
    Magic Gems Gourmet (similar as Re:Monster, except MC's absorb the power of monster's magic gems)
    Isekai Nonbiri Nouka (MC got unique equipment which he called All-purpose Farming Tool that can transform to many kinds of tools)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  3. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, there's a lot, i will try to fit your criteria
    what you want is unique system, or unique power individual + no romance (noted)

Soul of Negary (it's hard to explain, but you can try to read to understand what power mc have, it's unique and interesting:blob_coffee:)

Let me game in peace (unique world system, unique mc power)

Holy Emperor’s Grandson is a Necromancer (necromancy + divinity:blobdevil::blobangel:)

Trash of the count family (his power is nature like avatar aang)

48 Hours a Day (interesting unique combat mc)

Regressor Instruction Manual (his greatest power is conspiracy, there's harem + romance tho:sweating_profusely:)

Trafford’s Trading Club (mc literally can do anything, but instead act as bystander in this novel, it's unique and interesting)

Tales of the world devouring serpent (fantasy world, mc eat -> got bigger -> eat -> got bigger, infinite style novel, it can be hit or miss for you if you don't like repetitive plot)

Embers Ad Infinitum (sequel LOTM)

There's a lot of titles that really good that is better than what i recommend, but I don't remember the title:blobfearful::facepalm:, sorry

4. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading The Devil's Cage
    His powers / abilities are so cool. He has more than one unique powers.

Liero Dirlewanger likes this.
  5. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mystical Journey- yes, the first world is merely a martial arts ( no longer lifespans, but there are things like evading bullets, breaking stone and concrete barehanded, healing near fatal wounds), but he dies from a big ass missile and later worlds have more unique setups like mystical beasts he needs to research and discover how to evolve them, a world where he shouldn't have any powers due to not being a monster or witch but won't let that stop him and dreams connecting multiple worlds,.....

Galactic Garbage Station's MC only has whatever he can salvage from fictional universes. Unfortunately, the story itself is not good. 2.5 stars for good idea ( the new garbage chapters are a redeeming point and normal people around MC and him showing off his powers on low dial is the bigger crappy part. His powerups are handy, but knowing the worlds where they come from, MC is always left thirsting for the good stuff since trash comes from worlds like Avengers, Coiling Dragon, Desolate Era, Battle Through the Heavens, Swallowed Star,...

He is lucky plenty of times ( Desolate Era garbage for example got him a blueprint for how to rebuild his house and yard to stop spirit energy from xianxia worlds from dispersing into the void of his world uselessly, superior bees (mortal ones), cooking methods that can train his spirit reader powers of Swallowed Star, a visualization method painting someone threw away that can develop his soul immensely since he has no techniques of his own) but the occasional hostile lifeform ( maneating plants from One Piece, Snake woman from BTTH,arrogant xuanhuan mook is a final boss) is also his responsibility to deal with ( there was also a Battle Wolf cub from Swallowed Star, I think it almost killed him before he tamed it?).

Sadly, the book ends just when he got promoted far enough to travel to the worlds the fantastic treasures/garbage comes from which would have helped immensely with the annoying chapters of modern China and showoff displays.

If you want rare powers MC, mtled stuff is a better pile to search through for it. There is Senior Brother is Too Steady whose main path of cultivation revolves around avatars ( paper humans playing the role of being the real body and taking sure kill hits instead of him), movement ( elemental escape methods cover escaping through earth, plants, water, fire,.. hiding inside related things like boulders, trees, ponds,... and camouflaging so good your enemies think you went another way or escaped even if you javen't moved more than a few steps into a say, a mountain) with his main attack method being items and poisons unlike most people's sword usage and other stupid melee which can easily get you killed or be traced back to you no problem.

Kismet of the Lanke Piece where his power is being the user of a chessboard that lets him accumulate destiny in its chess pieces ( chinese chess, not the one you usually think of) and the importamce of great items is shown well since the board is so good it protects him several times where his ignorance could have had him killed.

6. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

7. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  8. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Great Storyteller - has the ability to understand any language as soon as he reads it. Tho the novel is about an author so there isn’t any fights nor adventures. Still, you should check it out!
    The S-Classes That I Raised - as the name states, the mc can raise the level of those around him. His ability is called, if I remember correctly, Caretaker. He can use it to raise monsters too.
    The Editor is the Novel’s Extra - I believe the mc can edit what just happened. Tho it’s very limited and its success isn’t guaranteed.
    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint - mc can bookmark some abilities and use them. He also can read the mind of characters depending on his understanding of them.
    Regressor Instruction Manual - mc has the ability to see other people’s stats. That by itself isn’t anything new, but
    he also becomes a Bio-Alchemy Summoner which means he can creat creatures/pets. Haven’t read further but I think he will gain more unique abilities!

9. AzuriEclip

AzuriEclip Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already read tcf, trafford's and the holy emperor's grandson, but i've been waiting to pile up chapters for Embers Ad Infinitum (which i'm kind of sure isn't the sequel for lotm since I heard it was supposed to be a trilogy and the next book will be published around 2022) since the reviews tell me that it's a slow-burn, which makes me suspects that it would take at least 200 chapters before being a rollercoaster ride. Soul of Negary sounds kinda interesting though.

I don't mind slow-paced stories at all! In fact, I even look forward to most of them since many of them are reallt good when it comes to storytelling. All of them have interesting titles that i'll check out now.

rhianirory likes this.
  10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH- hex seals
    Ffftrash- chaos/ancient ancestoral human
    Paradise of demonc gods- some kinda purple soul sucking energy
    Reverend Insanity- gu
    Soul of Negary- plague
    My cell prison- a mental prison lab where he extracts powers of others
    Nethrils glory- power of the arcane nethrils
    Reincarnation paradise- exfinguisher blood line that is made to kill mages

For more
    https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/20556/

11. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely read Soul of Negary, he gets crazier and crazier unique powers as novel progresses.

Nightmare's Call, mc has holy powers, but the holy powers how he uses them and their properties in this novel is certainly interesting as heck.

The Dark King, the power system is very interesting and can be a bit heavy to tough it through for some reason, I recommend it though.

Way of the Devil, the way he gains power is perhaps the more unique thing in this novel, the powers themselves are interesting though I don't think of them as unique per se, but its a good read nonetheless if you are interested.

Instant Death, needless to say more than to say that MC is death given human life.

12. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are some rec

Necropholis immortal
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood
    Yama rising
    Death sutra
    Plague doctor

Sees Instant Death, clicks it , Sees the Title pic, immediately closes the tab.

Givemeee likes this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Toaru series is like the obvious answer

15. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one? Touma centric or Misaka one.

The obvious answer is if you run into a MC with unique powerset, more likely than not there are already tons of bad copycats around ( or what you read was the bad copycat).

For power cancelling, someone already listed Galactic Dark Net whose MC relies on a similar shutdown other powers ability, and for electricity use, there are also plenty because stories of fearsome lightning wielders are from a long time ago part of stories ( except it used to be strictly in nonhuman user territory like Zeus, Thor, Perun,.....) and now there are many xianxia MCs running around on lightning or summoning it through a sword.

The ability taking example has stuff like Hunter x Hunter ( two even, Chimera Ant King Meruem and Chrollo of Genei Ryodan), there are characters who get stronger through eating ( Toriko, One Punch Man's Pig God,...)

As long as you can think of it, it's actually an old idea with many different takes on it ( and sometimes not like the horrible -entire novel plot is in a title and now I have nothing to read in another world?!- ).

I think the guy reborn as a vending machine is an original thing, and thanks to the title format, you can probanly find it with that in google search.

16. AzuriEclip

AzuriEclip Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does the title pic look like?

17. fdsgadfgdfgsdg

fdsgadfgdfgsdg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of the God's falls into this catagory. Unlike most cultivation novels MC gain eye powers with odd abilities