LCD Mechanical God Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Morvian, Aug 21, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get what those three think he should have done instead. He was invaded and killed the invaders, nothing more. If he'd done anything else then he'd have been in a much worse situation than he is now. It's bad enough when the enemies are being unreasonable about this sort of nonsense. There's no reason for his allies to join in on it.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they weren't stupid enough to stay put after making that announcement. Honestly, if they were smart, then they'd wait until they were already inside Rose Garden before making the announcement.

That aside, I wonder how much actual benefit Jessica is getting out of this arrangement. I don't remember her being on his short list of invitees into the cultivation pool after all.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's one captive dark elf female. I wonder if he'll add her to his ever-growing harem, and how many of her countrywomen will follow her. Also curious how long it'll take her to decide that she was lucky to be enslaved by him. I'm pretty all the other slaves have come to that conclusion so far, with the exception of the GWs (who are definitely coming 'round).

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If she was caught in the nuclear explosion, then why is she still dismissing reports of Steel City attacking her people?

5. jacha

jacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe she was expecting him to hole up for a moment now that his secret was somewhat exposed.
    Also, with the state that she is in now, she better be as quiet as a mouse, not making any ripples

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Or, she could send her political rivals to the front. They should all be dismissing SC still, but she knows that SC is more than capable of killing GW rank experts, which I assume all of her political rivals are.

7. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't understand the MC personality. he obviously doesn't give a hoot about the world and people, yet he doesn't nuke the 5 cities and only kills the hired thugs sent to kill him...he's also now wanted yet he's still playing rex and helping the scummy kingdom clear the underworld...

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC he already intended to kick everyone out of the black city when he took over it and then he turned it into a military outpost.

the only thing that he left alone was the wizard tower and theres supposed to be people in it...

anyway the novel right now doesn't seem to place anyone of important besides the mc, the egg girl and...his robot ai...he obviously doesn't care about the girls as they're just prisoners

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, at this point, I'm not sure I'd even include the AI in that list. It's barely even in the series anymore, and I can't remember the last time it said anything with any sort of personality behind it.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If she was going to do something so obvious as hide in that room while the sky was falling, then she should have packed up her bags and fled immediately afterward. Sure, it would take her years to heal instead of months (assuming healing would even be possible), but at least she wouldn't be at the non-existent mercy of her enemies. Heck, even surrendering that psychopath MC would have had better prospects for her than staying in that pool, and if she was able to ascend to that level in that culture, she should have known it.

jacha likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if any of the dark elf priestesses would actually be of any use to the MC. After all, they lose their power if they don’t do what their goddess tells them to, and she’s not going to tell them to obey him.

Everyone betrays everyone else at the drop of a hat in this series. I wonder how much actual effort he had to put into convincing that giant to betray his whole clan.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he knew about the moat, and his mechs weren't strong enough to simply jump over it, then why didn't he already have a plan in place to deal with it? I sincerely doubt that he doesn't have access to some sort of bridging technology. Heck, even if he doesn't, he could just get the mechs to toss spatial storage devices into the city that could then spawn massive armies from behind the walls and start slaughtering.

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    getting tired of this...
    it seems like everyone has no importance to the story at all. its basically robocop + terminators vs the whole world

it was really good at the start too..hopefully it gets better

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're looking for quality writing, then I think you may be expecting too much from this series. To me, it was fairly clear that we weren't going to get that from the first chapter, and absolutely certain from the moment he attacked his first town. Honestly not sure why I haven't dropped it yet.

15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no i just don't want a lonely and boring MC. it says harem, but all i see are prisoners of war that don't mean crap.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there is one person who's in the harem willingly (if you count imprinting as willing). Given his personality though, I don't really expect that number to grow.

Of course, you could also look at the women's attitudes after joining. Several of them are quite happy to be in the harem due to be gold diggers.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should get his bot to focus on upgrading that nanobot solution to an airborne infection. Then he can take over the entire subcontinent without a fight. Of course, the author would probably think that that was boring.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that cellphone is a basic model or a smartphone. If the latter, I wonder if it has an app store, and what's in it ;)

If the Hellions have so many GWs, then how could the MC be stupid enough to leave behind 11 GWs if he didn't expect Romulaj to show up almost immediately? Did he secretly want to lose and the universe (aka: the author) just wouldn't let him? Or was he that confident that there weren't enough experts left in the city to be a challenge for the two GWs that he did bring with him?

That aside, I wonder how he'll deal with the Hellions if their strongest experts decide to engage in gorilla warfare. It's not like he has enough troops to flood the tunnels after all, not if he wants them to stay in big enough groups to actually be a threat to multiple GWs working together.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really needs to work on his personal power. His disguise is basically worthless at this point, and I'm certain that at least one GW will have a way to attack his soul through his golem.

"lebensraum" why are we bringing in obscure nazi terms?

Didn't Eunice have the nanobots in her? Shouldn't they be fully capable of shutting down all the muscles in her body?

Why would he burn his daughter to death? Didn't he need to murder her in a more specific way to further his own cultivation?

How is that "too cunning"? Attacking a person's loved ones is the most basic of tactics in history.

I'm sure he'll rescue them, but honestly, it feels out of character for someone who cares so little about the lives of his subordinates.

20. jacha

jacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why wouldn't one bring in nazi/german terms if their more or less universal?