Recommendations medieval war and op mc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KazumaAyasaki, Nov 13, 2018.

1. KazumaAyasaki

KazumaAyasaki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm looking for mc got transported or reincarnated or native to other world where there is a lot of war in medieval times, western one not chinese and op mc that really use tactics and troops not like Hail the King where is he alone or using summoned minion to defeats the enemies

addition: may contain technological advancement, and the troops may be his or borrowed from his position but ultimately he has nothing to do with the soldiers, and excluding qi or cultivation but may contain system so that powerful people aren't heavenly this or that but talented people that train hard and have resources

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    The Human Emperor - chinese but MC is a military strategist. the current translated arc is war arc. there's flashing superpower although MC do have his cheat(well a cheat that will kill him if he failed his task). It's a semi-xuanhuan world or xianxia world where people practise martial art and have some magic. The world is similar to Earth around years 650 - 700 ad. Named Empire also similar to Earth :- Tang Dynasty, Goguryeon Kingdom, Turkish Kaganath, Arab Caliphate, U-Tsang, Tibetan Kingdom.

I am the Monarch - korean. He lead his band of merry man fighting in war against other kingdom and noble using his reincarnated memory and tactic learn before reincarnated. it's a fantasy world with magic, swords and fantasy beast

Rumby likes this.
  3. KazumaAyasaki

KazumaAyasaki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have read The Human Emperor and dropped it... i forgot why, is the mc using power of fate or something like system? maybe i'll revisit it again

i'll try I am the Monarch
    edit:
    - The Human Emperor, i just remember, he looks like not op at all, despite the empire is aleardy have sign of falling he doesn't do anything impactful and clevery, i dropped it when just sometimes after he visit the emperor, it just an emperor, a human yet the author make it like a god and mc really weak and small, it made me think is this guy is op or not, doesn't have air of future emperor or at least a grand marshall

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. CHevalier

CHevalier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also a fan of this genre,can you leave some recommendation after u read mine.

City of Sin starting Book 2 it has a lot of war and kingdom/army building.
    Tales of the Reincarnated Lord slow at first, skim through the first 40 chapters and get to the part where he gets recalled home.
    Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi this is a bit wonky because it is a R18 with lots of sex but it has decent kingdom/army building and wars.
    The Grandmaster Strategist although this is chinese themed is really good. I recommend putting it on hiatus after the end of vol 3.

I have a couple more but those are dropped or chinese.

I wish you a good binge.

I has changed at the current chapter he leads an army to fight, it will pick up pace after this I think due to him revealing his abilities and the Empire falling in dire straits.

5. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    It's start slow as 1st 200 chapters he find his followers. Starting of Military Camp Arc it will get better as MC will show his strategies prowess.

203 - 218:
    Military Camp Night Ambush
    235 - 264:
    Counter intelligence against Korean Master spy
    323 - 381:
    Military Camp Trial
    489 - 641:
    war against U-tsang and Mengshe/Nanzhao Polity

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link