Discussion ===== Mega Merged WW & Qidian Thread (1.0) ======

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CoffeeMonk, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    You know as much as you hate QI you can't just insult all CN as a whole. Well it not like I don't understand how you feel because I hate them too.

elRouge likes this.
  2. Daoist Dragonking666

Daoist Dragonking666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Its not only oral, there were written ones too. But Ren did not want to disclose it.

4. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just avoided that guys comment because it struck me as too one-sidedly racist to comment on :s

AHKoT and badMal like this.
  5. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian or more precisely Yuewen Group (Shanda Cloudary + Tencent Literature), own over 3 millions books. They could have pick a novel from their huge catalog to translate instead of trying to vie for the ones WW has. Obviously it was a move to grab the skilled translators over at WuxiaWorld. The offer they made in their post made the intend clear.

6. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually don't participate in posting stuff here - blame lack of time on my part - but holy hell, this Qidian business is all shades of rotten donkey balls.

Of course, all I am going off on is the two opposing statements and nothing else, but either way, I foresee rough weathers up ahead. I only read a handful of Chinese novels (none in QI's library) and almost all of them are hosted in WW. Hell, I began visiting WW only after discovering TDG by accident almost two years ago!!

I sincerely hope this doesn't set a precedence that Korean and Japanese publishers decide to follow. Now THAT would be a disaster equal to biblical in proportions.

7. Potatos

Potatos [Mostly Inactive] [Frozen Ink's Slave #2]

Reading List:
    Link
    I will firstly say that I don't support qidian at all and I do not plan to read their novels(not that I was ever reading them) but @AnarchyOtaku this is possibly one of the most racist statement I have ever seen.

The chinese are not defined by what the authors have written in their novels(which is where it seems like you are getting your info from) nor are they people who do not believe in freedom. There is very big controversy about their government yes, but why do you believe that just because their government is doing shady shit, everybody in china is shitty too? All governments do shady shit bro.

Also about organ harvesting, what does that have to do with the current topic? And just to cast a bit of suspicion on the topic(I am not denying it is false) Falun Gong(people who protest organ harvesting in china) was created by the Americans..... not the chinese...... Adding on to that,(since I end up meeting a bunch of Falun Gong people where I study), do you believe that millions of people can randomly have their organs go missing and no one will say anything? There is illegal organ harvesting in china yes, as there is illegal organ harvesting in many other parts of the world.

Again, what do chinese tourists shitting on the streets have anything to do with the current topic? Where are you getting the data? Do you think that china so poor that they can not afford washrooms? Are you okay? China is actually one of the richest countries in the world(does not mean best living conditions), and has over one billion people living in it. Are you trying to tell me that at least a seventh of the world shits all over the place in public?

Chinese people are not from North Korea, they have access to things that happen outside. They do not have google and the government is shitty, but that does not mean that they can't travel outside of the country and find out for themselves. VPN also exists and a lot of people in china use it so they can find out about things they perhaps can't(which isn't much).

P.S sorry for the wall, I just got mad

kenar, Goodman, AHKoT and 2 others like this.
  8. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that they have both but it seems like the "ORAL" agreement gives them permission to accept other novels and the written doesn´t and that´s the problem.

The oral agreements can be use but only if you have proves and normally the one that has more money is the one that has the reason in most of those cases

They want money for the new novels and the only way to solve it is to give them the money with a WRITTEN agreement or give them the novels back

9. Yash

Yash Master hacker and design genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so here i was reading about this attack on qindan and i try to go to their website but its blocked in my polytechnic which was not the case a day ago reasons unknown.lol
    As for the drama all i have to say is someone make back ups of every page in ww just in case of the worst case scenario i already have several novels backed up if qindan wants a war i will give them war i will make so many websites for people to read free that they will never be able to delete them all. If they really want to get dirty prepare to say bye bye to every translation on their website.

kenar, AHKoT and Wand148 like this.
  10. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, they have a system in place that at certain times of the year WW can purchase new licenses, and the oral agreement was that if new series move over to WW as a result of a translator moving across, then they could post their stuff on the site until the next term date arrives, at which they then purchase the corresponding licenses to translate.

Ultimately, there is only a delay in time as to when the license rights are purchased and this would be because Qidian set it up this way and agreed on the beforehand scenario.

but now that WW refuses to sell itself to Qidian, QI is complaining that everything WW is doing is illegal and they should be shut down.

Purital, Chiiiiiiiii and Theta like this.
  11. elRouge

elRouge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "there is too many of them"
    " the fight has just started,brave your heart soldier!"
    the smell of battle draws near
    KOOOoooon KOOOoooon
    the sound of the horn signaled the start of the bloody war
    "Chaaaarge!"
    each cavalery unit sprung up and the infantry follow them
    _________
    Good luck WW

gheist1234 likes this.
  12. CE-NEX

CE-NEX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Currently reading through this forum, a couple on reddit and over on WW*

So is is correct, to my understanding, their main target isn't just the translations, but the translators as well? They can't seriously believe people will be willing to work for them if they pull this kind of crap. Operating in bad faith is a huge no-no over here in the States (not too sure about Europe). Anyone involved with commerce knows someone willing to violate agreements and utilize loopholes in their complete favor with one group, is completely viable to to shaft another, right? Do they think that the translators are brainless?

Yo, if this falls through, my fanfiction account is getting another story, wuxia themed, where the bitchy fiancee seeking to break her engagement with the MC is called Qi Dian. Regret screwing what could have been something amazing! Regret!

13. Shikon

Shikon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOT ENOUGH. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! /s

On another note, I don't see how Qidian/Yuewen Group expect to garner any support by acting this way.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN and Ratsche like this.
  14. carupin

carupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck Ren, wishes you all the best!(y)(y)(y):giggle:

15. Theta

Theta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of what happens in the future, all I can say is fuck QI if they plan to implement a paywall. I, personally, am subscribed to lots of TL Patreons for early chapters, and I can directly tell you that although most of us don't mind spending the money to support translators, we would not be interested in being forced to pay for something that was essentially free for the past 2-3 years.

A paywall system is so dumb because not only will it deter many new readers from joining, old readers who get bored of slow novel arcs will stop paying. When you're talking about a genre where 80% of the series have complaints about being generic and arcs last hundreds of chapters, I can guarantee you that the 10-20 popular series will not be enough to justify spending $5-20 a month reading. Next thing you know, we'll have a service where multiple readers share the same premium account just to cheat the system.

16. Lengyue

Lengyue Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember there was a post about the chinese being the most racist, but i see some people being racist to chinese because of Qidian.
    I do get angry toward those comments, but not to the level where i want to be racist toward the guy who made that comment. Anyway where i live every chinese get racist comment (No exaggeration) so i already accustom those comments.
    Did you guys know than RWX is a chinese american?

17. elRouge

elRouge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wht the heck.i don't quite get it about the agreement thing but QI sound very evil
    do they don't have any shame

18. Black Heart

Black Heart A Perfectly Normal Individual

Reading List:
    Link
    Yarr...When chinese webnovels starts to get "real" y'all know know where to get chinese booty yarr...

19. Yash

Yash Master hacker and design genius

Reading List:
    Link
    They think this is china they have pulled this shit on many authors who refused to host on their website so they thought it would work here dumb shits and the matter of the novels moving form gravity to ww was already buried and explained.

20. heishiken

heishiken yarvic001 Hell Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    If quidan wins, lets just do it the old school way, share chapters around in which ever way you can, save all the current Stories, continue to support TL'ser and fuck quidan, I knew shit like that would happen when into the scene. Honestly never going to pay for quidan, I support translators because they go into translation without knowing if they will ever see a donation, but still in most cases deliver quality. Also the quidan System of China is bs anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.