LCD Mei Gongqing

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Lachiel, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    or like another man that want to get into her pants.

qwerty likes this.
  2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost all male character in the novel wants to get into her pants, she might as well get one that could protect her and made her laugh. Such a waste he will only be brotherly figure.

SeiraJLoyard and qwerty like this.
  3. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    little bro zone.

qwerty likes this.
  4. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    Wang Hong held her in his arms and with his head slightly tilting, leaned his mouth against her ear, tickling her with his breath. While she trembled involuntarily, he whispered: “And then what? Do you want me to explain to the world that whatever happened that day was just forced by circumstances? Do you want me to say that though you love me, you are not good enough for me? Would it be best to let the world feel that your admiration for Wang Qilang is a thing of the past? That you can still find a good man to marry?”

Wang Hong slowly turned to face her, his hands cupping her cheeks. His inky eyes were slightly squinted, but he did not smile. “Have I been so consistently magnanimous that you can just use me when you want to use me and then leave me when you want to leave me?”
    Whoa. Woa. WHOA. Never expected Wang Hong would ever do that. Ha! Had Ran Min finally met his contender?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    qwerty likes this.
  5. hamster428

hamster428 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm the translator and I don't mean to hijack the thread but here's the answer:
    The Nan'yang Prince is indeed royalty. In Chapter 20, Ran Min reveals that the prince's name is Sima Mo. Sima is the ruling house of the Jin Empire. Often, princes who do not become the emperor are relegated to other regions of the country and get their own "duchy" to rule instead of staying in the capital. Like Prince William is known as the Duke of Cambridge, the Prince of Nan'yang can also be translated as the Duke of Nan'yang.

Also, Jiankang is the capital and is further south.

Thanks, shall go back to lurk mode.

Shio, qwerty, Lachiel and 2 others like this.
  6. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    @hamster428. First of all, thank you for translating, usually I don't bother saying this if the translator doesn't have a wordpress account and if the translation is too old (for now, I read in bulk).

Secondly, I think that it was showed in an earlier chapter how the mc escaped the prince, indirectlly, am I wrong ? I don't know how to put the spoil bar and I think that you have a better memory than me.

Thirdly, I hope that Mei will be badass... Not centered to much on her love.. Even if the story is tagged romance; by the way, there was another chinese novel with a similar character, but witouth the midlle chapters...I'll try to find it, maybe you can tell me if those chapters are relevant to that story.

qwerty likes this.
  7. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel without middle part, i think it is chu wang fei.
    You could add spoiler by typing [*spoiler] text [\*spoiler], but without *. Check the help section (fourth Button at the bottom right page/ the circle ones) for more code.

CDLevit likes this.
  8. hamster428

hamster428 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @cdlevit this is chic lit so it will be heavy on romance. That said, if you like the tone and pace so far, it'll continue to be that way. Just bcoz there will be romance doesn't mean the MC stops being badass.

About the escape from the prince, she did not have to escape the prince in her previous life, it was his advisor she was running from.

And about the other novel, it may be CWF as Shio says but I am not a reader of that book so I can't tell you anything about it.

CDLevit likes this.
  9. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a late comment, but regarding the poll in ch 61-62, which one do you choose? I am torn between Wang Hong, Sun Yan, and none. Yes, I am that indecisive ><.

None, because she is strong enough, but the society at that time didn't view woman that didn't marry nicely. Sun Yan, because position wise, he is the most suitable candidate for Chen Rong. Considering the plot, there's a high possibility she won't ended up with SunYan, but he's my favorite character. Wang Hong is really dashing in the latest chapter, but as Chen Rong said:
    “Wang Qilang, if you weren’t from the Wang house of Lang’ya, I would hang onto you so untiringly that you’d have no other way but to marry me.”
    He's just too unobtainable.

Arua likes this.
  10. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite agree with all you said. I think I commented after reading the chapter that I always felt like Sun Yan was the most fitting for her.
    Concerning Wang Hong, be it because of his position as Wang Qilang or something else, so far he always restrained himself from really showing interest in her.

Anyway, at this point in the story, the romance is almost nonexistent...

Chen Rong is so busy with trying to free herself from the influence of that stupid uncle that she just can't see any man as anything else than a tool for that end... It's a little painful to imagine her situation. She has no safety net, no proper backing in her own family to ensure she's not just thrown away, and that f... prince and his right hand man lurking around. The word "perverted" to label them would sound like a compliment, I hope they'll have a painful death in the near future...

After reading the two last chapters though, regardless of what Chen Rong said about Wang Hong, it's not my personal choice but I think that author is planning to ship those two together. Chen Rong clearly left a lasting impression upon Wang Hong's mind. The distance between the two probably decreased a little. Now the question is, does society's perspective on Chen Rong's "pedigree" really matter to Wang Hong if he's in love? Wait&See... Maybe this is the actual starting point of the romance in the story.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Shio likes this.
  11. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter is.. just say I'm grinning non-stop when i'm reading it. So Wang Qilang route? Maybe I am just reading too deep, but when he said “Whatever I want to do is the rules.”, it means he's serious about Chen Rong, right? My heart just completely went to Qilang's route.
    Now I am waiting for the moment RanMin visit Chen Rong's clan house.

SeiraJLoyard likes this.
  12. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Prince the main family tried to marry the MC to was one of the biggest pig I've read about. But he is still minor compared to some...

13. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah Rong! Ahahah, she taught that stupid old hag a good lesson!

14. MahyuRingon

MahyuRingon Easy to Forget

Reading List:
    Link
    this looks interesting to read. ~

Arua likes this.
  15. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it. Anyone please tell me that disgusting trash of a prince will get killed eventually.

16. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so. Or at least he should get demoted.
    Can't wait for the next chapter

17. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    i like wang qilang. the kid sun can wait till he grow some hair first.

Shio likes this.
  18. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    Wang Qilang for the win.
    The last chapter kind of feels like death flag. Hopefully it doesn't happen *cross finger*

19. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    no way. chen rong sent back in time to change her destiny right? since qilang died before, he can't die now, not with chen rong there. god, i really don't want ran min to win.

Arua and Shio like this.
  20. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, Qilang won me over in those chapters. I'm sailing this ship! All aboard!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Shio likes this.