Melancholy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by orig27, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. orig27

orig27 Everlasting Monarch

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading Er Gen's Renegade Immortal's mortal arc and I suddenly felt a sort of melancholy then I got chills when I read the insight chapter.

"Death is to die. If a person dies, it is death. If the heart dies, then it forgets…"

I made me ponder what is life and death; if ever I die someday will I also forget....

I just felt like making a thread and wonder if anyone ever felt the same as me.

2. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Congratulations! You are having an existential crisis!

Lazriser, Dragon God and Zariox like this.
  3. Alvory

Alvory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uh....i don't want to think of dying and i don't want to die. I wouldn't mind being a ghost but I don't want to die. Don't ask me why cuz i don't know

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus [NUFs cutest Panda][Pandesu~][BootyFul][Hungry]

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm a simple panda,
    i live when people feed me sweets.
    i die if people forget to gib me sweets.

5. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thus that which is the most awful of evils, death, is nothing to us, since when we exist there is no death, and when there is death we do not exist."

Dragon God likes this.
  6. PKitty

PKitty 『Ash's Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a strangely morbid yet reflective thread. However I have come to accept that I will have to die one day but at the least before that I want to be remembered.

7. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    Please find yourself the sooner the better...

Cuz you might not comeback...

*scary music*

8. orig27

orig27 Everlasting Monarch

Reading List:
    Link
    What is immortality?

Is it being undying....but I always think that being forgotten is worst than dying.

I want to be remembered forever; I want to carve my name in history; I want the world to know that I exist in this world...I want to be immortal! :cry::cry::cry:

Dragon God likes this.
  9. illusorum

illusorum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Renegade immortal can do that to you sometimes. I think it's the only one that focuses the mc on the mortal world AS A MORTAL for so long even after he gets super strong.

Anyway, ahem. this is what I figured from living. What will be left of you when you go to heaven or wherever else? nothing. Memories? Insubstantial. Future generations? So what, you're still dead. In the end, you should become happy as you live and die without any regrets. Of course, this could be helping others and getting self satisfaction, lazing around, or even laughing randomly out loud. If you have a religion, follow it and be fulfilled. Chase for fulfillment but not shallow happiness. Familial love, sharing, contemplating on life, enjoyment of nature. Not like money, lust, or anything like that.

Well, hope that helped you.

10. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure what you mean, if you die you will forget? Do you mean that you will be forgotten or that you are scared of moving past and forgetting things you love? Or is it about some reincarnation cycle where you'd forget your past life?

If you die, eventually you will most likely be forgotten after a period of time, there is no way around that. However if you leave a bit of yourself somewhere you can always be a change in the tapestry. It might not be a large change like Brunelleschi inventing perspective, Newton making physics or Tolkien creating modern western fantasy, however there will always be a permanent impact.

11. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm hoping to go full on ghost in the shell before I die. Let's get digital! Come on technological advance!

12. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry time is an illusion the past present and future are one, and they extend even beyond that. Even if you die tomorrow you will still be alive, because you are actually dead right now. You are dead in the past before you were born, and you are dead in future. Existence is a constant, every moment of your life is experienced an infinite amount of times. Like a CD being played over and over, your life right now is the music, but your existence is actually engraved on the CD along with everything else in the universe. Did a mention the whole multiverse thing? So basically that CD is being played an infinite amount of times, and the music comes out an infinite number of different ways. Honestly this part is confusing to me, in fact this whole thing is confusing, but hopefully it makes you feel better.

13. Zariox

Zariox 『Professional Wordmaster of Bullshit』『Alien Lv79』

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest your brain holds your memories, if you die you probably wont feel anything, there's probably no after life or some shit like that, you just die. Don't bother thinking what you will think when you die because you wont think.

Dragon God likes this.
  14. SomeDude

SomeDude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stumbled upon this video and have the same feeling as you, existential crisis.

A very informative and entertaining video.

"We can never die, because we were never alive in the first place"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  15. Dragon God

Dragon God {King of Peasants} {Tanya's Husbando}

Reading List:
    Link
    I've walked down this path. Immortality is branding history with your emblem, planting your flag on the sands of time.

Adolf Hitler, Julius Caesar, Isaac Newton, etc are all immortal.

I aspire to join their ranks.

16. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Legends never die! Remember them for centuries, because of one mistake!

Dragon God likes this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to be immortal~ sure it will live for looooooooooooooooong time~ but meh~ short and colorful~ if there many immortal sure it not lonely but being alone as immortal seem pretty depressing~ seeing people who close to you aging and die while you still the same sound too sad~ if you want to leave your name in history go ahead~
    action reaction~ cause and effect~ too lazy to make my name~

18. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    When i read er gen atte or issth I often cry too
    Good author

19. 1st Tribulation

1st Tribulation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link