Discussion MEMORIZE

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Kzhckz., Jan 9, 2021.

1. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i've read this particular novel manhwa adaptation, i want to know what happened to this novel, reason it's dropped, and why nobody looking for this novel though the manhwa did a good job for now.

And i want to ask something regarding spoilers about this novel ending which netizens said it is bland, like flat cola.

Raw : joara
    Novelupdates : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/m-e-m-o-r-i-z-e/comment-page-2/

Because i'm second coming of gluttony which implied there is shared universe and i like tscog from start to end, i'm curious about this novel.

Thanks in advance bro

2. Naraina

Naraina Step Red Sibling ⭐ | † Trickster

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna know too soo I'm gonna camp here :blobcozy:

3. LTigh

LTigh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand of some of the sperging out and autistic screeching from various weirdos regarding the manhwa version, supposedly the MC's actions become more "problematic" by the standards of the aforementioned weirdos, and in addition, there were some console wars with regards to the translation teams working on it that ended up in some huge blow-up with money involved which got either "misappropriated," or someone paid a bounty for the translation and whoever got paid never delivered.

Also, with regards to the non-weirdo complaints, I think the biggest issue was that things started to fall into the same boring pattern after the writer ran out of ideas, to the point of the "flat cola" ending in the original Korean.

Again, this is only what I've heard (or rather, what got screeched at me from various weirdos after I apparently remembered some plot development incorrectly, since M E M O R I Z E was more of a passing curiosity on my part rather than some autistic obsession for the weirdos).

In any case, I didn't bother reading the MTL to find out if the weirdos were correct, their screeching pretty much turned me off to the entire thing at the time, but if someone wants to dive into that dumpster fire, by all means, Godspeed.

tl;dr: observed "toxic fanbase," alleged "toxic translation teams," probably a "water finds its own level" sort of thing. Would love to see it picked up, but can understand why translation teams wouldn't want to deal with weirdo reader base.

Edit: I may not have all the details of the translation issues correct, as I said, this was explained to me by various readers who where much more knowledgeable about the situation, but I stopped paying attention after they got a little... erratic.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Naraina likes this.
  4. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, interesting