Chinese Memory Lost Side Stories 美人为馅 by Ding Mo 丁墨

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Roses and Pearls, May 8, 2023.

1. Roses and Pearls

Roses and Pearls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Memory Lost 美人为馅

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/memory-lost/

Raw Link: https://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3013095

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

This novel's main story has technically been fully translated but there are side stories that kind of provide a bit of relief to the end of the story. If it isn't obvious, I adore this novel (and all of Ding Mo's novels, I love the writing style and the crime element to some of them) and considering how the end of the main felt bittersweet, I really hope that someone can translate the extra chapters. The translation to the main story is amazing but I don't think the side stories were planned to be translated, considering the novel translation ended in 2019, so I hope someone can pick this up.

I just want a proper happy ending.

As for why this novel is worth it; although I've never been a fan of amnesia in novels, Memory Lost takes an interesting take on it. Mixing that in with crime investigation the character(s) without parts of their memory force them to evaluate the motivations of the other people around them. This adds a more thrilling edge to it. And considering this has been adapted into a drama and a manhua, I'm not the only one who enjoyed this novel.

Description:

In the presence of strangers, Han Chen was always handsome and cold, making it difficult for others to get close to him. He was like the frosted snow – pure, and slightly chilly. Yet, he was also like the river flowing in the dark night – quiet and moving. To many, he was akin to an unparalleled and untouchable god.

Only in the presence of Bai Jin Xi would this famous top police superintendent expose his deeply hidden shameless nature.

“Come and sit nearer to me, I won’t eat you. At least, not now.”

“I have never touched other women before. Do you want to check my body?”

“Bai Jin Xi, never ever leave my side. Every year, every month, every moment, every minute, every second.”

In her heart, there exists an obstinate old man – one who has tirelessly loved her throughout all these years.