Spoiler Meng Shi Zai Shang

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Karamell, Mar 10, 2019.

1. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that but in the first life his his way of cultivating is what made me think he is insane. Power at the price of emotions and eventually killing the girl you love, is insane in my view

babayagu, Bella94, Neyva and 5 others like this.
  2. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naaah~ It's cultivation world, actually him sacrificing his emotion is pretty tame thing to do for power... as for killing the girl he loves.
    Actually from what I can gather from MTL- he didn't mean to do it- what prologue shows us aside... "usually" MC would have dodged that no problem and survive the ordeal to chase him again. He expect her to come out of that one way or another- but unfortunately for him MC was... already injured? Or do something to give her power boost that also significantly make her unable to bounce back as usual.
    Imagine thinking of some chara with plot armor- and suddenly she is not coming back anymore and really super dead.
    I can't really remember the exact circumstances, but her death was an accident in his part in a sense he didn't expect "that" would eventually kill her.
    Which is why he went progressively mad with grief afterward.

KuranFan, Eraien, babayagu and 17 others like this.
  3. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Since he sacrificed his ability to have emotions, how did he get them back? I can't imagine how he finally realized that he did something so horrifying, even if it was an accident. Because after all, he did kill the girl he loved. And that's another thing. If he was so crazy about her, how in the world did he realize it so late?

And yes, ML is creepy. The first time he creeped me out (but I'm not sure of what happened because the translation might be unreliable) was when he was stuck in a secret dimension alone and finally escaped, he wanted to kill the MC because he thought she had fallen in love with some kid?

KuranFan, babayagu, Neyva and 7 others like this.
  4. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    rather than sacrifice his emotion, I think it is more to sealed his emotion. And, I think grief is too intense for the seal so it break?? And if I didn't remember it wrong,
    his father too sealed his emotion, and now he suffer from that. Like father like son, huh... :sneaky:

KuranFan, Eraien, babayagu and 8 others like this.
  5. animestar411

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did the dad seal his emotions and is it really true he sold his wife if so why

6. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he did sacrifice his ability to feel emotion and such- but all in all it's not like it's totally gone and make him a robot. It's sealed so emotion won't get in the way of cultivation level up. Funny thing about cultivation in Xianxia novel is... feeling/emotion is a wild card, it either help you to advance or screw you over with "heart demon" and you fail. Most of the time however- it's the latter, it hinder instead of helping.

But really, their first life is a prime example of you never know someone's worth until you lost them. When Yuan Chu died the first time around, it didn't dawn on Chen Yuan at first. All he can think about is she shouldn't be dead and he would revive her as it's just right for her to be alive instead of dead.
    Yeah- the guy try to justify reviving her one way or another like how sky should be blue. He didn't go mad in instant.

Aaaaah- this question will open another can of worm LOL but basically, it's not the husband who sold his wife. It's her in law.
    Furthermore... Chen Yuan isn't actually the real son of the Mom that got sold- he is traded upon birth to protect him because he is a prince. Yeah- funny thing... so the father you're talking about is the present current crown prince of Empire NOT the husband of the poor Mom.

As for Chen Yuan's real set of parents- let's just say their romance is fucked up too. The real Dad of Chen Yuan seal his emotion for the same reason, desire to advance quickly and he doesn't care about anything else. And his Mom is missing for different reason aftereward... but Chen Yuan is orphaned because they were off solving their problem and gets really nowhere LOL

KuranFan, Eraien, babayagu and 16 others like this.
  7. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't help laughing when you explained that ML is completely mental in his 2d life because he
    w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ Voldemort
    butchered his soul to turn back time. It's a key detail that makes a lot of sense.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Aquaa, Neyva, Dragon_Reader and 9 others like this.
  8. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone been reading the manga recently? They finally go rescue the mother… and I kind of hate her. She's so weak minded. It makes sense why she acts the way she does, her life sucked. I am 90% sure she has Stockholm syndrome but I can't help hating her.

I snuck a peak at the raws and I was annoyed. She was calling for the demon king the entire time. When MC mentions ML, she begs MC to bring him over to the palace. She claims that the demon will treat her son well.… I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. The demon guy would've definitely tried to kill ML if he was brought over. From what we've seen the demon has little value over human life and what he seems useless. I doubt what ever image the mom was thinking of would ever come true.

She had a brief touching reunion with the ML before begging him to help the bad guy. Of course the ML rejects her request and the mom threatens to kill ML if FL kills the big bad. She reveals ML isnt her son, she can't reveal his origins because her real son would be in danger. She turned on the ML, who she seemed to still consider a son to some extent, super quickly in favour of the demon king.

I did feel sympathy for the mother right before her death though. In her internal monologue she says that she was attached to the demon king because he was one of the few people that treated her well. The people she married weren't great people. Even her son, who once came to visit, wouldn't give her a glance. She never thought that the words she desperately wanted to hear would come out of the ML mouth (some thing about caring for her until old age).

She finally realizes her mistakes. Before she goes she tells male lead his true identity, he's the child of some king. Tells him to remember he is a noble person. She dies saying, "how nice would it be if I really had such a nice son".

She's really lived a terrible life. Neither the people she married or her family really cared for her. Her biological son didn't acknowledge her. She was sold by her family into the clutches of a evil man. It makes sense that she was attached to the demon. The characters we grow into are generally defined by nature and nurture. She had neither going for her so it's not surprising she's weak. I still disliked her character at the very though.

babayagu, _J_, Neyva and 11 others like this.
  9. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read manga?

animestar411 likes this.
  10. animestar411

Reading List:
    Link
    Google the chinese name. Most of the valid raws website have the chapters locked and to unlock them you need to pay

Aquaa likes this.
  11. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the one I was using to read it. I like it because it's the strip version but there are a lot of icky ads. Just train yourself to ignore them and you should be fine.

https://m.qimiaomh.com/manhua/1381.html

Daisychangedhermind, Aquaa and Foxil like this.
  12. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I didn't like her much either. But I do appreciate that she's a complicated character. She's caught between her feelings for the demon king and for her (adoptive) son.

I think I remember her being ML's adoptive mother (the one he considers his real mother in his heart) rather than biological. There's angst when ML finds out she's been alive this whole time and the 'trade' was more of a mutual one than something she objected to. ML had no idea, only knew that she was the only good person to him in that family/clan and unaware that she resented him. At the end, adoptive mother gives up struggling with her feelings and somewhat admits that even she couldn't manage to be completely coldhearted towards ML and I think she dies saving him against some huge beast? She pushes him out of the way and gets eaten by it instead, but not without final words.

babayagu, Mikaa, Leilacus and 2 others like this.
  13. HappySheep00

HappySheep00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading the mtl in babelnovel and they're almost at half of the whole main story. However, I'm quite confused how the ML manages to sense the MC whenecer she is in danger. In the earlier arcs it is explained by the dragon egg, but when the dragon hatched, he can srill sense her.
    And it seems that the ML is at least partially insane.. There were times he acts full on violent yandere with a red jewel portruding in his forhead? What is that? Can someon explain this?

Neyva, Leilacus, Bella94 and 2 others like this.
  14. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. He finally touched her heart as he was trying to save her. I've been learning Chinese and with the help of Google translate I got the gist of the chapters. Her last words were, "How great would it be if I had such a good son."

I liked that before she died, in her last conversation with ML, she reminded him he is a good/noble person. It didn't make up for the fact that she tured on him super quickly but it was heart warming. I hope the mom finds peace in the afterlife.

Someone covered it in a previous spoiler but I'm just gonna simplify it her instead. In the first life, when the MC dies, the ML becomes overstricken with guilt and grief. Apparently the FL was in love with the ML and had been chasing the him. The ML was also in love with her but he was practicing some kind of martial art that suppressed or removed emotions.
    During the battle that killed her, he didn't actually mean for it to happen. He was anticipating that she would dogde all of his moves. FL couldn't complete control her body/powers during the fight due to a previous injury. After her death, he suddenly felt everything he couldn't before.
    Unable to live on without her, he warped time and space at the cost of his own soul. He succeeded, but by doing so his soul became severely injured/incomplete. Those bouts of madness are the side effects of his damaged soul.

KuranFan, Eraien, babayagu and 10 others like this.
  15. Eri96

Eri96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read MTL at the part where MC have only 7 years left to live. Does anyone know what will happened to her and ML in the future?

Mikaa and stumblmer like this.
  16. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I only remember that they ultimately have a happy ending, if that's what you mean lol. You can assume that they find some cure or solution to that problem.

17. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I'm going to guess they OP their way into solving the problem and live happily ever after?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    babayagu and Lovina like this.
  18. Hiddenahalf

Hiddenahalf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May i ask what is like their happy ending?

1. When they confess their love each other ?

2. When they do dual cultivate as the summary said?

Thank you very much!

19. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoiled about the boy who is mean to be rival of ml and the villain in last life(the one whom ml bribe in current life during tournament for not to be fl's disciple and always collecting treasures)

Mikaa and lazynoodles like this.
  20. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I remember, the boy has poor (can be count as tragic) background. He and his now dead little sister had miserable days back in their village. All they have is each other as the villagers thought them as monster. I think the boy has face on his back(?) and his sister got another in that era people found terrifying. So the two holed up in some mountain(?) to avoid villagers as they want to kill the sibling for their monstrosity. And when the boy come back to their home from somewhere (is it to get the food??), he found out that the villagers found the sister and killed her. So that's why in later time he goes to poisoning village as revenge for his sister.

MC who heard his story, know that they actually have a case of conjunction twins, but with how the era is still not developed enough, the people thought as monster. The boy felt relief as they are not really a monster and he actually had two sisters, he remember how his sister said that she can feel the concious/feeling of her twin (I think in sister's case the twin is alive but can't do anything much, but in boy's case, the twin is not really alive???)