Discussion Mental Health (Depression & Co.)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by janperson, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely Get Real Treatment - and try to find a shrink that does more then try to endlessly talk it out (long term billing scumbags). I spent close to a decade 'just toughing it out' and ended up with a whole host of self-destructive sublimated behaviors that have been a nightmare to try to deal with. Untreated depression can morph into a deeply buried self-hatred that will do ever so much more damage in the long run, no matter how happy or content - or successful - you seem to those around you.
    On the down side, expect your decision to get treatment to damage your employability - pre-employment background checks will almost certainly raise flags to future prospective employers, and 'wellness programs' that let employers access your medical history are becoming mandatory.

2. Sora_the_Fifth

Sora_the_Fifth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's gonna happen after you die?
    Even if you don't believe in afterlife & think that there won't be anything except darkness after you die and still think that it's better than living now
    Then let me tell you it's no good.If you've pondered and pondered and pondered to reach this conclusion then I won't say anything but that's not the case with you right. You choose death so to hope for a better world after you're death & that's ridiculous. You might be thinking of death to escape from harsh reality but to die is to disappear and it's not the pain that disappears, it's your existence & what awaits you after death might not be any better than now.

3. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... don't know how much this'll help but, here it goes. I have schizoid personality disorder, and for a while I suffered from a slight depression mostly due to the fact that I had become unable to experience joy from life due to my disorder. My schizoid traits came strong when I was studying abroad so I had to return to my country with my mother shouldering the debt. All those factors combined only made it worse, so I went to the psychiatrist and let me tell you, it made a world of a difference. With tghe right medication and alternative therapies you can lear to overcome, or at leat deal, with having these kinds of problems.
    My advice would be to try and stay positive, even when things look bleak or you don't see much improvement. Take thinks slow and try to surround yourself with family who support you.
    Share your problems to those you trust, and if you don't have anyone like that, then try to make them; or go to group therapy(which doesn't freaking exist in my country). Oh, and always, always take your medication. One time, I tried to stop taking my meds since I had improved a lot and It was horrible, and I still haven't completely recovered.
    So, stay positive, share your problems, and try to enjoy life in whichever way you can. It will help.
    So yeah. I wish you all the luck in the world and have a nice life.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  4. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah i just remembered a great way of coping with eevrything ^^ tell you that someone somewhere in this world will always have it worse than you and keep living ^^
    it is more useful for men who usually have a great pride ^^

Poor_Hero likes this.
  5. sebbu

sebbu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good & sufficient sleep not to be tired, hobbies to keep one interested/occupied and not bored, enough foods/drinks not to be hungry/thisty

6. sebbu

sebbu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    having lower expectations as not to be disappointed by results

7. NinetH

NinetH Demon Yuri lord....lazy guy

Reading List:
    Link
    haha depression.......so troublesome , so annoying, and so merciless.

I easily get depressed, i even get depressed with just being bored(other examples, net slower than usual, time being too fast and etc). I pretty much avoid novels, mangas and etc that is too sad(akame ga kiru and etc). when i get depressed I basically become a living corpse (and also i can't translate when i am depressed). there always 2 things that i think when depressed that is "i want to destroy everything" and "I want to die" but sadly i'm too much of a coward to do them.

and because i don't like becoming a living corpse, i try not to get depressed. to avoid depression, like other says hobbies, if you don't have one then find one, make one or else boo hoo for you. also you can rant, yes ranting is a good way it can release stress and some of your depressions, but be sure the place of where you rant is with your friends or fellows that kinda understands you and are not assholes who can't read the mood, also don't rant about others but your life, ranting about others might case a war and just makes you more depressed in the end. and lastly fulfillment, basically do something that makes you full(mentally), do something you are proud of , something like a feeling of " fuck yeah i'm awesome", I basically draw(currently in a slump) and translate. when i finish drawing or translating, i feel "yeah, I'm awesome".

anyway too lazy to think more stuff so
    TL;DR: do something that makes you feel satisfied , in body and in mind

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Poor_Hero likes this.