Messaging people who can't type coherent sentences

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Mar 29, 2020.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's just me, but I find quite a number of the people I try to communicate with using text based channels seem to be unable to convey coherent ideas to me. They often leave out crucial information I would need to understand what they are talking about, and don't respond when I want them to clarify. Also, for some reason they don't know they can edit what they've already when there's a glaring error in their message. I've been getting more fed up with that kind of thing recently, as the quarantine has made it necessary to communicate in that manner more often now.

I figured I'd make a thread about this issue to farm up some nuffies, and to see if perhaps I just don't know how to read and it's totally acceptable to rely on vaguely implied meaning when messaging someone.

Edit: note that I'm speaking of people who share the same native language as me.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why tho?

imK likes this.
  3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Which part dang it?

sapassde likes this.
  4. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    it inet engrish

TokioftheBel likes this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, this thread is going to be painful to look at. I can tell already.

mir, felidormit, fuqifeipian4 and 9 others like this.
  6. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lang u age is not perfect

7. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    engrish ish ard

8. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    y know!
    Edit: For clarification of my answer I had to edit this post, replacing the previous "?" with an "!".
    I apologize for this mistake.

9. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are talking about the people here, there are some who go through mastering the dao of mtl aka machine translation. It can sorta mess with your mind and influence your writing...

It's scary af.

As for the others...

They are either too lazy to write or... they are from a country where it's being taught like that or like their country doesn't teach english at all and they learn everything from reading novels and manga or watching anime. Welcome to the world of internet.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    mir, felidormit, mangoberry and 3 others like this.
  10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm mostly talking about people I know irl, who are fluent in English, and most of whom are attending university. People on NUF are usually pretty good, with the odd exception of a few people who aren't quite there with their English skills.

imK and sapassde like this.
  11. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, coz most peeps here are not that fluent in English? English is my second language but for some maybe it’s their third or fourth.

imK likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I totally get the feeling... Some people are just unable to give you the info you want and just makes you go crazy! >.<

Luckily enough, most people I talk to are either able to communicate properly or unable to use a cellphone, so I rarely have to deal with those types... There are only 2 people I have to deal with in a semi-regular basis that can't convey their point and can't wrap their head around simple concepts... Still a pain though... T.T

UnGrave likes this.
  13. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    video calls exist.
    voice messages exist.
    its true lots of info is missed out, maybe due to the need to type long stuff.
    your own messages maybe misinterpreted too

imK likes this.
  14. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im so lzy 2 type why bothr w it hmm

Shizun likes this.
  15. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... My only guess is they are being lazy? They want it fast without much typing. Thus they write it shredded. Their expectations are likely that humanity should have been able to decipher what they are writing.

Or they are high. That's another option. Nowadays you can get high with everything.

16. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine reading a post, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw powost iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie powost?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha pwost, good job!

https://i-am-a-fish.tumblr.com/post/168157413417/imagine-reading-a-post-but-over-the-course-of-it

17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea'know... asking questions like this is just like asking all the shit posters to come and make nuffles, right?

On a side note, 20 or so year ago I worked on a farm. The owner of said farm was a short fat fuck of a man with worse hygiene then your average hickyweeb and had a habit of talking about his penile implants(no joke)... he also like to invade your space while talking to you, which was normally accompanied by light shower of spittle and slurred speech. Astonishingly enough, he wasnt drunk, even if he sounded and acted like it. He would ramble on about this and that, get side tracked two or three times, all just to tell you a simple message we already knew because he told us the day before as well xD

So yeah, I hear ya, and I sympathize with your plight. Just look on the bright side, you dont have to talk to those people face to face as they spend 10 minutes stuttering along just to tell you to put the low pressure tires on the spray buggy while he takes the tank truck to pick up a load of liquid fertilizer.

felidormit, mangoberry, imK and 3 others like this.
  18. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Classic
    My other hypothesis is that they're mocking me, since they always ignore the fact that I requested clarification even when I reply immediately.

juniorjawz likes this.
  19. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    Tat sounds awfully forced... lmao

Btw to the others. The ones who are mtl reader... they auto correct it in their minds and it can happen they see no mistakes even though there is.

thanks for the nightmare, i appreciate it.

juniorjawz likes this.
  20. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    Give us an example of the conversation.

mir likes this.