Discussion Metal Gear Survive - Beta + Release Date + Single Player Gameplay

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by rei_hunter, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Konami is just milking the cash cow called Metal Gear now that Kojima is gone. Honestly though, is there any difference between this game and MGSV except for zombies? Personally, I've never played MGSV but I've seen people playing the game. It looks as if Konami added zombies into MGSV and resold it as a brand new game.

2. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that the buddy system is there, and the Helicopter transport is also there. (Since this is a pretty big map, you'll need TRANSPORT)

The enemy types so far are

Regular Wanderers
    Armored Wanderers (Armor'd equipped)
    Suicidal Tank wanderers (They soak up lots of damage, and can explode)
    Attacker Wanderers (A Grenadeir Variant was shown)
    And a Metal Gear Wanderer

All of these guys will have varying levels of "Damage Soaking Capabilities"

While some can take only 1 shot, some will probably take multiples to take down at lower player levels while the waves of zombies get increasingly powerful.

3. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks cool hmmm

4. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly from this trailer alone, there's so many stuff to go through.

If you see the Antenna Towers with a light green signal, that's probably a wormhole warp from your base to other points in the map. (Usually three when you activate it)
    From the cutscene, i think you can base defend it with a buddy from your camp, which will be awesome.

If anything, when you activate it, you have to defend it.

Climbing, Stealthly moving about, and Fulton Trap. Climbing has also been revamped so that you can actually crawl horizontally up pipes.

Glass Bottle distractions

For survivor rescue, if they all have their own story, that'd be nice, and also i expect to see SOME of the Metal Gear cast to come join the fun.

Chopping Trees for Wood~.

Kuban Energy seems to be energy collected from Zombies. Maybe to let you summon your equipment in specific places.

Rusty Machete, Survival Machete [Gold], Crowbar (Time to Half-Life this.) Portable Shovel (I hope it can be used to dig around for treasures), a higher rarity Suvival Machette (Probably Uncommon) Shock Rod (Probably a modified stun baton)

Oh from the weapons/crafting screen, there's a last tab. I'm not sure what it is, it looks like a floppy disk with bars on top.

The spear melee looks cool. Very dynasty warriors. Maybe from the classes in game? Who knows.

Flame Bat looks great.

Reinforced Wood Bow as well.

Sledgehammer is very Sledgehammer (Maybe its a Warhammer)

Defense Units includes, Wood Fence (Common), Wooden Barbed Wire Fence (Uncommon), Normal Fence (Common), Barbed Wire Fence (Uncommon), Eletric Fence (?) and Cardboard Fence. Wooden Barbed Wire Barricade (Common), Normal Barricade (Uncommon), Metal Barbed Wire Barricade, Large Barbed Wire Barricade. Spiked Barricade, Large Spiked Barricade

Interceptor Units include Heavy Machine Gun Type M, Heavy Machine Gun Type D, Gatling Anti-Aircraft Gun, Mounted ANti-Aircraft Gun, Mortar, Machine Gun Turret.

^ From the placements above, i think we might see some aerial wanderers. Maybe bugs? D:

Spear action with a thrust, overhead thrust and another thrust. + Molotov Usage.

Electric Trap usage (Stuns nearby zombies) and Military Composite Bow? with rapid fire shooting. :eek:

Oil Trap is awesome.

Another composite bow, with a Grenade Arrowhead.

Shotguns are highly accurate for some reason, which i like. Fultons are used again~.

Automated Machine Gun turrets on use with Barbed Wire Barricades.

Jeeps can ohko D:

The gear walkers are pretty nice.

New enemy type, Wanderer w/ a grenade launcher. Fires off a Black Hole Grenade. Fun.

Base Building. you start out with 160 Squares, some of which you can't build upon unless you remove debree (maybe with your survivors.)

base camp development also has a level capacity, which is weird. Maybe its for adding more things into it. Base Dev has 6 tabs, 1 is for Buildings/Structures. These include Campfire, Campfire and Hanging Pot, Smoker, Kiln, Kitchenette, Food Prep Facility, all your weapon things.

The next tab seem to feature Resource Facilities, like Water Tank, Rainwater Purification Tank, and has a max limit of 10 on deploy each. I guess you'll be hoarding food/water a lot.

Other Facilities seem to be for "special" buildings. Listing Repository (Probably to drop weapons into your storage), Exploration Team Ready Room and Exploration Team Ready Room (Large) (Probably for automated tasks when you're not around), Broadcast Facility and Broadcast Tower (Unknown yet), Torch (Probably for a Day and Night Cycle)

Intercepter Units Tab seems to have no limits. I've listed them all in the weapons crafting tab. I guess all the things you get from scavenging are either turned into Steel, Iron, Gunpowder, Screws and Gears...

Defense Units i've listed them all already + Wooden Barracks. I wonder if you can repair damaged walls/fences.

Base camp can expand a fucking longway, that must be a heavy grind :O

Metal Gear raid boss in co-op~

5. Kna

Kna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I want to know is... Will the game force me to play multiplayer like in MGS V?
    If the answer is 'Yes' then I guess I'll pass. :(

6. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    MGSV didnt force you.... but if you want some highend recipes, you'd want to play online.

7. Kna

Kna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It did. Whenever you go online the game moves your resource to the server which means it's up for other players to grab them. (F.O.B. raid)

There's no way to stop the game to move your resource so it's either you go stop them or let them take your stuff away and when you come back to the game and found that someone robs your base, the fastest way to gain resource is to rob other bases and the vicious cycle continues...

And those high-end stuff, it's for pvp. The stat was overkill and the cost of using them is way too high to use in normal mission.

8. Atamahead027

Atamahead027 Pleasure Research Club President

Reading List:
    Link
    The AI look stupid.

Metal Gear Series is about conspiracy political power and stuff. and then u got this,
    Stealth Zombie Slaying Shooter.......

i guess i just wait for another leak from Death Stranding

9. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    let me remind you that Metal Gear Solid has had Zombies. Dragons. Talking Cats. Ghosts. Vampires. Reviving of Dead Characters because NANOMACHINESSON!, vampires running on water, zombie like monster from another Dimension...

so MGSurvive has the backing. Kojima is a hack for saying that "Where do zombies fit in that?" at 2016 when he has made zombies.

10. huskybreed

huskybreed Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. mrkacho

mrkacho Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And my brother still waiting for it ahaha

12. Atamahead027

Atamahead027 Pleasure Research Club President

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but thats not the focus of the story.
    Dont know if mgsurvive will have a story to tell tho.

13. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems to have.

a live beta player got to play for more than 5hours for the first few moments of the game. we'll know more once january 18th comes around.

14. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe, in context, he did defend his statement, that Metal Gear Solid has always been primarily focused into the discourse of nuclear arms race, or at least the central core theme was. Not getting warped around into a zombieland.

Though like I said before previously, I do agree if you look at it purely as a "survival against zombie" game, and minus the Metal Gear tag, yeah, it does have some potential.

15. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link

40minutes of Metal Gear Survive Singleplayer. Also, Polygon player just.... fails for some odd reason. O right. GOING RAMBO!

16. Drkinferno

Drkinferno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'm gonna play it. Metal gear isn't metal gear without kojima. Because he was metal gear

17. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    METAL GEAR SURVIVE!

Its an actual blast xD~

18. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. The game's going to die a flop.

add on:

honestly. Pay 10USD to unlock a save spot. Basically paying Konami to use your own physical drive to save a slot.

ROFLMAO

19. Foguinho

Foguinho Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have one thing to say

#FuckKonami