Discussion Microsoft Bought Blizzard

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Jan 18, 2022.

1. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Microsoft is still not big enough to own a monopoly on gaming. Buying Activision-Blizzard is a risk that can pay off if Microsoft can sort out all the issues plaguing Activision-Blizzard. I'm still mainly playing on PC and Playstation, so this news doesn't really affect me. I don't care for any Blizzard or Activision titles.

2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the best immediate benefits from this have been watching all the deranged screeching from ponies having a sh*tfit about this. Even saw a few claiming PS should have bought ActiBlizz instead or that Sony could and should outbuy MS. Like, sure, a company with a $143.5B market cap and $18B cash in hand could outspend a company with a $2.35T market cap and , even after spending the $67B entirely in cash for ActiBlizz, still has about $60+B cash in hand (which will likely start going up again after a short while).

3. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    lol true

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, people seriously thought Sony could buy Microsoft? That's definitely hilarious~

I mean, both are giant companies, but... Geez, Microsoft is the bigger one, anyone should know that... >.>

5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    that's hardcore ponies for you. completely disconnected from the reality of things. It's why they're still trying to fight console wars and flood every xbox tweet XD

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Given that Japanese companies are bigger than they appear and all their conglomerate equivalent own banks, I would argue they could buy Microsoft.

I think it's Zaibatsu, I know Toyota is part of a Zaibatsu.
    The same with Mistubishi but I don't think Sony is.

But I know an unassuming Japanese company could be as big as Berkshire Hathaway when you trace their family of companies

It's the reason foreign companies cannot survive in Japan or Korea. Their conglomerates operate in every single business you can think of.

Samsung made cars at one point

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.