Resolved Missing Chapters from favorite

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Warlock Of The Void, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm just going to wing it
    Three novels that r tld on QI r not showing on my favorites list when there chaps r updated, these r :
    When A Mage Revolts
    History's Number 1 Founder
    Ultimate Scheming System
    The Wizard World
    Now there r chaps in reading list and novel home page but they r not showing on my home page in list of favorites . I don't know if this counts as a bug or something but any help is appreciated
    I should add that no I did not change any settings whatsoever , and it is not happening because of something I did , anpthan thing to note is that all other QI novels r still showing except for the ones that I mentioned above

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    If they are coming in home page but not in favorites, I guess it might be a bug. Mention your browser and such details as well.

3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    The semi-recent change to qidian’s ad chapters that requires you to log in to view the ad and read means the chapters aren’t getting displayed until the ads are released, since they violate a long established policy. The chapters’ dates are however reflecting the original release date. This means that the chapters are showing up... in the past. If you look closely at the novel page, the new chapters that have just appeared should have an older date. The chapters are showing up on the home page, just not the first page. Depending on the age, it could be multiple pages back.

It’s less of a bug and more bad coordination and planning during the implementation of the change. To fix this, we'd have to cater to said change which would take time, if Tony decides to do it. Why the group decided to take this approach with their releases alludes me.

My recommended fix for this issue is to make a qidian specific reading list that you can check at your convenience. If this doesn’t suit you, your reading list should automatically generate a link you can use with RSS readers which will give you notifications for chapter releases. You can set this up across all reading lists or just specific ones. I hope this helps!!

#notabug

runsing, MangoGuy and Blitz like this.