Discussion Missing Meetings

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lissi, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I-I'm kinda panicking right now. This is the 3rd (4th?) meeting I've missed this year, and it looks really bad since then I'm not doing my share of the work and I'm just not sure what to do :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

So see, me and my partners use Slack. I don't know why, but I just can't get notifs from there. It doesn't work on my phone or computer and I've tried and it doesn't work.
    I hate Slack!! But they're not willing to use Discord or just email...

Then... I mark the meeting times and dates on Google Calendar, which does give me notifs, but the meeting I missed today was rather important and I don't know why it didn't show up in my calendar today and all I've done this year is apologize and I know I come off like an insincere slacker now :blobsob:

My dad just tells me I need to find a way to fix this problem because it's really important I attend but for some reason... I just keep missing this organization's meetings in particular.

I'm wondering if maybe a physical calendar would help but I'm not sure, do you guys have any tips or tricks or anything to just... not miss meetings and always go on time and stuff? Or do you guys miss meetings too?

For the record, these meetings are a bit irregular- i.e. they don't happen every week, so it's kind of hard to remember for me just memory-wise. :bloborz:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    amilhs likes this.
  2. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    Put a whiteboard on your bedroom door and write the date on it you’ll see it every day then and remember

3. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a whiteboard...

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Does your phone have a calendar app? I recommend adding the meetings to your phone’s calendar app with as many alerts as possible. I usually set up far away obligations with a one week reminder and a two day reminder, and switch them to one day reminder, two hours reminder, and thirty minutes reminder as it gets closer to the time. Since implementing this strategy, I rarely miss meetings anymore. When I was in school, I did find a physical to do book the most helpful.

judeiiro and Lissi like this.
  5. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy one then it’s logical to use you can wipe it off and write the next date on it as well super convenient for you

Lissi likes this.
  6. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I do!! I think I'll try the one week and two day thing, so far I've just been using the half hour reminder thing...

Ah... okay~

Anra7777 likes this.
  7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Phone notepad and calendar widget. I used to use them to keep check of things i have to do. Since i use my phone a lot, i see it a lot too.
    i keep it in a separate home screen tho, i like it neat and clean for my main home screen.

You can also set an alarm a day before (or even a week before) and an hour before the actual meeting. Calendar apps have that kind of alarm.

8. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Widget...?

9. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical (handwritten) Memos are the best way to remember especially when you wrote it yourself.

10. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Like a planner book? Or sticky notes on computers? I think I've tried both but neither worked...

11. CardOne4All

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably android user but IPhone also has them (android has more)

12. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    So is it an app or more like an extension on Chrome?

13. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a phone feature. long tap homescreen then you should see something like "widget". Oh, I'm android user so if you're using apple, I'm not sure how it works.

Lissi likes this.
  14. CardOne4All

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither its built in the system:
    Here’s a quick guide on IOS (it mostly works the same way on android)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lissi and Bad Storm like this.
  15. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just download any one of those 'Sticky Notes' app widget and put it on your smartphone/desktop homescreen. No need to setup calendar schedule and stuff.

Screenshot_2021-07-18-06-31-17-434_com.microsoft.launcher.jpg

Lissi likes this.
  16. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A trick that I found useful was scheduling an alarm on my phone around an hour before any important meeting or interview. that way I have a good amount of time to prepare and test everything before I join a meeting. if you live with other people, they will probably find this annoying but having an alarm with a note to remind you of anything important generally is very effective.

17. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also set a reminder on your device if you don’t want to buy a calendar so when that time comes, the alarm will go off and remind you.
    Though, I do recommend you getting a physical calendar or maybe use a sticky note to write down important dates and time so when you come across it, you will remember.

18. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like Raven said, get a whiteboard and mark it out or a calendar. If you can keep missing them when noting them in your electronic devices, that just shows that you don't consult your devices very often so you need a more "physical" reminder.

19. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use the calendar app on my phone and also sticky notes on my PC. Although I heard the best way is to write it down and leave it somewhere you can easily see. Maybe use a real sticky note and stick it on the wall next to your bed?

20. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I have similar experience with Slack, it just wouldn't get me notifications :facepalm:
    I found using alarms works the best for me since alarms are the hardest to ignore. Although a bit cumbersome to do sometimes.
    I organize my tasks in Trello, the alarm for wake up and an hour after I wake up, I'll name them "Open Trello!!" so I'll remember to open the app and see my schedule for the day.
    Then I'll set other alarms corresponding to the schedule

Lissi likes this.