LCD MMORPG: Martial Gamer

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nekorin, Mar 7, 2018.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

how did he get things without any effort? his ENTIRE LIFE has been building the foundation for the skills he needs in the game. if you cant recognise this then you need to grow up.

i think it kinda depends on what you are looking for. if you want growth. OG has it.
    weed in LMS is basically superman

this one is basically just putting the right person in the right place so his skills shine cus his skills arent required anywhere else in a peaceful world.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
    Astaroth likes this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. I guess technically you're right? But really?

What he really should realise is that this is a casual game novel where the author had to come up with some kind of excuse to make a super martial artist play the game.

But really, just compare plots. What is the MC's goal in this novel? Is it to become the most OP ever? Is it to get revenge on some company that killed your parents? Is it to pretend to be nice so you can have some friends to play in a tournament 10 years later? Is it about earning enough money to get the loansharks off your back and cure your grandmother? And so on...

Nope, MC literally just plays the game to not feel useless and earn some money so he can be with his wife.

Now, how many novels have you seen where MC even have a wife at all? And the other players? How often do you get to know about anyone other than the MC, who generally speaking doesn't have any personality in the first place either besides something simple like being "perfect" or "greedy".

Personally, LMS is probably one of the best novels in terms of how epic it can be, though it got a bit repetetive & longwinded. In terms of VRMMORPG it's way above what I've seen from Martial Gamer so far. But they're not really comparable in the first place.

Martial Gamer is honestly more like a Deathmarch or The New Gate, without being awful trash ofc. And at least so far it doesn't pretend to be serious with some evil conspiracy backstory or anything. Though I guess at some point MC's clan and stuff might show up and it could potentially ruin the novel.

gary0044187 likes this.
  3. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude this first line, I was reading "Martial Gamer is honestly more like a Deathmarch or The New Gate" and thinking, "but it isn't garbage?" then you cleared it up and I loled. but yeah tbh, I think we are later going to meet his family and this yang family, and this story is going to become about how you can actually get better at martial arts using the challenge of the game as he has started realizing so far.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no clue why you dislike the fact that the mc has a wife. i like it. i like stories where the mc isn't alone and doesn't care about anything.

grid played the game so he could earn money and feed himself too. weed also played the game to get rich. he trained for 6 months to get ready to play the game. nothing wrong with that.

yet it's suddenly wrong in this novel? what the fuck are you smoking?

weed and grid goal in the goal was to simply earn money. nothing more nothing less. yet it's wrong in this novel???
    in LMS, weed was forced to become the village chief and eventually create his kingdom. he didn't want to make the village AT ALL. he didn't want to be the best player either and didn't want to compete with hermes. he spent days alone grinding for levels so he can get drops to sell to support his sister.
    grid played the game to get rich...all he wants is money..

lms is the best simply because theres nothing better. like i said, weed is superman. he is so OP. he spent 6 months to become better at sword than the Olympic level master. he can win against his friends in the dojo who is probably 2-3 weight classes above him. he is a stock market genius and he made his entire village richer than bill gates....best novel huh?

not to mention that he is the ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE VRMMO who realized that he can use martial art moves and he had to fight the final boss to make the final boss realise that too!

gary0044187 likes this.
  5. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, he finally fought the final boss? wtf... I thought that long slog would never end...

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wang Yu is more of a mid liner based on his class. There was that one novel with female MC having all stat in def, forgot what it was. Though I doubt wife will become a top class front liner, can't help imagining how Wang Yu would feel with his waifu defending him lmfao

7. Nekorin

Nekorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Itai no wa Iya nanode Bōgyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  8. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    ahahahaha.... MC met wit his lil bro in the game and kick his ass for impersonating him and about to insult his sis in law..:cookie::cookie::cookie:

9. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes one wonder why he need to replicate WY's appearance instead, huh. Idolize his brother too much or his true appearance is not up to par...

10. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    he said, so he could make his big bro takes all the blame of his wreckhafok did.
    I.E; lil bro grap a butt or breast of famous female player and spread rumor dat he as 'iron bull' did it and make em to came to him if they wabt revenge..

LaDyViL likes this.
  11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I like your i.e. but I guess it's coz he thought Wang Yu didn't play the game, so if he wronged someone in game, he'll be off scot-free as the victims would instead hunt his bro irl instead of the Great God Iron Bull lol

:blob_grin: wait till you see Fei irl

RizYun likes this.
  12. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn this novel is funny as hell. Author does a good job writing male characters and making them funny. I hope he makes the female characters be funny to and strong.
    I figured that was his brother or somebody from his family.

13. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP rankings, level locked at 20 for this quest

14. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    The developers are thoroughly evil.

15. kKk45427

kKk45427 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone read this in raw? Could u brief some of the main events like:
    Things relate to MC family?
    How will Mc and his wife relationship progress?
    What will MC wife role in game and as story progress?
    How will the game progress?

One last thing, will the game that MC play has any hidden plot? or is it a another real world?
    Is there any supernatural events occurred as the story progress? or is it just a story about game?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2018
  16. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    These questions are better asked at the Spoiler thread ( https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/mmorpg-martial-gamer.60764/ ) as here is the LCD thread where discussions on latest translated chapters take place. Some people don't want to see spoilers here.

kKk45427 likes this.
  17. SeiNoNarukana

SeiNoNarukana [A Certain Holy Sword]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, did Yang Nuo even returned the bow ?

18. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    they are still doing there respective quests

and she probably won't as the MC doesn't need it and doesn't really care about selling it

19. SeiNoNarukana

SeiNoNarukana [A Certain Holy Sword]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the only(?) obsidian rank weapon in the game atm right ? And MC was poor in financial state.
    If the author makes it like that, it would be inconsistent.

He doesnt know her that well anyway.

20. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Mild spoiler, it's probably gonna be covered in a few days.
    I forgot but I don't think so.