LCD MMORPG: Rebirth of the Legendary Guardian

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    should definitely read it, definitely recommend from the first 10 chapters translated, either way only 10 chapters have been translated as of yet, so wont make a difference to give it a try...

2. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't like guys that suicide, they have weak mentality

readerz likes this.
  3. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    just skip and start from ch-3
    and seems like you don't even know how he died, how boring........ don't bother reading if its that much irritating. else you won't gonna stop complaining.

somehow i don't like this kind reincarnation, after all its just makes it look boring...... but if it were to be similar to VRMMO: unparalleled under the sky. (i forgot the name, not sure if spelled it correctly..... probably got the first few words correctly for its name) then it would have even more interesting, since the MC in that didn't die but mutated.

4. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    he didn't exactly suicide, he was gonna be killed so he just jumped out together with the enemy to get revenge? and kill him and save the girl he liked from the guys torture, basically give it a try and you will understand, i am unable to explain it well

Astaroth likes this.
  5. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    Did his girlfriend marry the other guy because he was wealthy and more successful? Did he meet his girlfriend in the translated chapters?

6. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    well more like, his GF and the guy she married both are filthy rich, while MC is just a normal rich. her family forced her marry that other guy, and he did visit her wedding but he didn't meet her, just left it without anyone noticing.
    in translated chapters he met her in (i forgot was it school or college), at first she and him were enemies. (before his death, they were first enemies then they slowly become friends to lovers)

7. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    After his rebirth he didn't meet his gf cause she will start to play only a year later after the game was launched..

8. bromnath

bromnath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well that makes sense. I know they do item colors in smite for different tiers

9. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is almost the same with The Great Thief and Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World isn't it

10. CannonBro

CannonBro Heaven Destroying Armament

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, only difference is the MC is a tank class (guardian)

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read this novel so I can't comment, but there's just too many of these GF forced marriage + take revenge & get killed / suicide + return to the past and become OP in mmorpg.

I'm already reading a couple of these and right now the one I enjoy the most (dropped all the rest basically, at least for now) is Mad Snail's Rebirth of the Thief who Roamed the World.

So basically, how does this novel compare? Is it any different somehow? Better / Worse? What is the point of reading rebirth of the legendary guardian?

Hopefully there's some original and interesting stuff in this novel.

p.s. I noticed one thing, at least according to the other LCD thread: the MC is a warrior instead of a thief / rogue, so that's one thing that's different, right. Does he do anything meaningful with it?

e.g. For all it's fault I really liked Zhan Long because of how the MC was a priest but he used a Sword and played like a fighter, but with a self heal of course.

12. Zenobys

Zenobys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi friends, I'm part of the translations team for this novel and here to clarify item/monster grades/tiers/rarity or whatever you want to call it. For translators, the highest priority for us is to convey the author's intended meaning WHILE maintaining consistency. For RLG, Flying Alone has made an utterly confusing system which made the translations harder.

For instance, White-Wood is the translated version of bai mu (lit. white wood). He then calls them white equipment at times and wood equipment at others. Things get more confusing when he introduces Gray-Silver equipment or baiyin (lit. white silver). Now some might say baiyin can be translated as Silver on its own. But do note that all lower tier equipment are denoted with a color and an ore (or wood) and to translate it as just Silver would break that consistency. Thus we renamed the supposed White-Silver to Gray-Silver so that if the author calls them gray equipment in the future the readers would not get lost.

I guess I will end this explanation with the list of item/monster tiers so that you may refer to it when you need to. I will also upload this list onto my site when I have time.

White-Wood
    Black-Steel
    Green-Copper
    Gray-Silver
    Yellow-Gold
    Violet-Platinum
    Mythical
    Ethereal
    Holy
    Ascended
    Celestial

Also when the author refers to them as colored equipments we will use White-tiered while if he refers to them as material equipments we will use Wood-grade.. not that it really matters but still just putting it out for you readers to understand.

strixflash likes this.
  13. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    to make it simple i placed numbers on your post. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
    and by the way, don't take my replies too seriously, else it might cause a headache, well then ...... continue reading.......................

0 - dude he didn't go for revenge, but villain came to his door, and tried to kill him, just because the girl liked him.

1 - how am i suppose to know, seriously it got only 10 chapter released at the moment, and within these 10 chapters it didn't looked bad.
    and there is no point of reading it, read it if you want or don't read it. for what reason a person would read a book, i guess you won't even know that.

2 - don't hope for it, wait for it. this book is already completed in raw chapters, so you just have to wait and see how the story goes.

3 - wow seriously, can't you guess by the name of this book. that's right he is gonna become legendary guardian, when he made his class. this game got option where one can choose a specialization, and he choose guardian. it was the same class with same specialization before his rebirth.
    and seems like you haven't read that much of VRMMO novels, VRMMO: the legendary thief MC is a warrior class, VRMMO: UUTW MC is a undead class (skeleton), shura's wrath MC is warrior type battle soul class.

anyway, if anyone got anymore, thinking where you actually haven't read it, then i suggest you read, rather then guessing some weird story-line by reading the description. unless of-course you're not interested on reading, then don't bother, its really a pain to see how weird random guesses people likes to make while actually not knowing the story.

sorry if anyone got hurt in their brain after reading this. phew, now i can take some break
    (wait i was taking break, never mind)

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm asking if something interesting happens that sets this novel apart from other similar novels, and the response is: I shouldn't make guesses and I'm stupid for not assuming that "Guardian" refers to a Warrior specialization while simultaneously being provided a perfect example of how the title doesn't necessarily correlate, e.g. "The Legendary Thief" being a Warrior. Thanks. :rolleyes:

p.s. 10 chapters and apparently nothing worth mentioning happened so far. Gotcha

p.p.s if anything cool did happen feel free to tell me about it

15. S1ash

S1ash Muhahahaha

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the story so far. Did not read the legendary theif and so on.....

Hopefully he calls up his friend soon, I want him to get the unique mount and not forget about it

16. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the difference between this and "Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World" is the pace of this novel more fast and it seems he will be OP af considering he's level 7 now while the others level was only 3-5

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not a suicide. The Cantonese term for it is "tong kwuai yee chun" , basically "total utter complete mutual annihilation" (not the most correct pinyin since I don't master writing)

O_Ohwscuva likes this.
  18. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    btw in the chapter 10, a girl lv 10 vs boss

how come she can reach lv 10 faster than MC ? i though his lv are the highest right now in chapter 10, but he still not yet to reach lv 10 and still use beginner sword IoI.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  19. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    i think she was fighting a level 10 boss and not that she was a level 10 player herself, i think she too is a pro player? as she can fight a higher levelled monster so soon so early without knowing all the in and out of the game? so a pro player but not as good as our mc, maybe a future guild member?

20. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    from chapter 10

[Firebenderbarr] (Black-Steel Boss) <= it must be the boss

Level:10

HP: 2286/5000

[Calina] (Normal) <= who is it ?

Level: 10

HP:537/2000

this Calina is the elf mage girl right ? it written in there that she is lv 10, because in the description of her HP reaching at alarming lv / 1 step to grave IoI

and wow Mage lv 10 have high hp and it's almost half the Black-Steel Boss hp, are this player use bug ? or a hacker ?