MMORPG's (Or just MMO's)

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Lachiel, Oct 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ritsuru

Ritsuru Wanderer of the Clouds, Here and There

Reading List:
    Link
    PANDA COSTUME FOR LIFE!!!

Astaroth and heishiken like this.
  2. heishiken

heishiken yarvic001 Hell Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you just played as Popori :p

3. Ritsuru

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah playing as popori wasn't cute enough so I got the panda costume as popori.

4. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    The last time I play MMORPG is playing Ragnarok Online... I stopped playing after entering highschool... And that is... over than 15 years ago?
    Man... I'm feel so old....

5. Ritsuru

Reading List:
    Link
    Then are you a おじさん?

6. heishiken

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for Pure cuteness nothing beats elin, especially liked them with gunner. Just had something.
    But still, talking about tera wants to make me play it again, maybe I will dl it again.

7. Ritsuru

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're gonna play again, tell me. I'll join you :D But I'll stick with my popori which means we might not be in the same server unless you're gonna make a new character.

8. heishiken

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah gonna make a new Character anyway, but are you US or EU ?

Edit1: Think they have different clients

9. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah.... I always consider myself an oniisan... I still haven't got a cute daughter, so I reject the ojisan moniker.

I wanted to play new MMORPG.... sadly.... Time is against me....

Shio and Ritsuru like this.
  10. Ritsuru

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*

11. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    There's not that many new fun looking MMO's right now, most games are basically PvPs

12. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoping for non-death-game VRMMORPG to become reality.

Ritsuru likes this.
  13. Zante87

Zante87 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    played Vindictus for awhile~ was going solo lann with a focus on agil, played till mid 50's since bosses could always one shot me but then mobs started to be able to... played WoW since a month befor WotlK on and off, latest was as 70 twinks, also played LoL, Aoin, archlord, c9, robocraft, runescape, archeage (becoming a healer is a trap!), entrophia universe (screwed myself over after first time taking money from my character), and a ton others. mostly just reading now and waiting for black desert~ highly recommend vindictus for those who want to try something similar to whats in The Kings Avatar.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Tera is a great mmo at first, but everyone is just the same, the only difference between you and any other character of the same class is who has the highest item level, there's basically no kind of different variations (Glyphs and personal combos change it up a tiny bit), only the same thing with higher stats. So for me (And many others) eventually tera just becomes a grind for better gear.

If you want to play PvP Arena then you're fucked, or good luck getting VM4 +15 awakening (Or perhaps there's yet another even more grindy set by now), because despite being an Action RPG skill only matter if you're on the same level of gear and you can get matched against anybody even though you've just gotten into it you might just run into that one guy that can one shot you...

BAMs and PvE Boss encounters can be immensely fun though, not so much while leveling any more after BAM nerf and introduction of "Avatar" weapons.

On topic: my favourite MMO's I've played: Tera, Vindictus & S4 League. S4 League isn't really that much of an RPG and last I played it it was full of hackers...

Vindictus would have been my top favourite if it wasn't because it's only instanced and that the Raids are laggy as hell, seriously you'll get like 5 fps at times because of the server. And to nobody's surprise so is it pretty important to be able to dodge and block on time when you can get wrecked in seconds...

I'll still recommend giving these games a shot though, just don't expect to play them for months and months...

15. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember few.

I played Perfect World, but i got bored fast and just flew around a lot. I played Silkroad, but got bored and left. I played MU, but people left so i left too.

I played SWTOR, but other than the story everything else got annoying so i quit.

I played WoW, but i stopped after the Lich King. I played RIFT, but the limitations are too many, money earning is too slow and no auction means all i have for sale is just useless crap unable to be sold. I played Wildstar and it has a less restricted f2p model, until you want to join a guild.

I played Vindictus until its crapguard started screwing around. Since then any MMO with a crapguard is crap in my eyes.

I played Skyforge until being a god no longer had any meaning at all. Seriously, if you want to make a game about being a god, actually let people feel like gods. Skyforge is like a novel i read about an unlucky guy with a crappy life that dies a crappy death only to become a crappy god and have a crappy afterlife. That's Skyforge.

I played GW2, but i just couldn't seem to find a good weapon with abilities i wanted and it was annoying to deal with.

I played Path of Exile, but a moment of carelessness killed my hardcore character and i was deflated.

I played Wakfu, but that only works occasionally, for bouts of relaxation.

16. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    This just tells how short-lived an MMO is. I'm just waiting for a VRMMO--not the occulus or whatever is. I want to interact/feel inside the machine.

17. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same...but how long is that gonna take...

i know the pain...to date i have only finished two Games period: pkmn diamond and HrtGld

Simon likes this.
  18. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played Forsaken World. Was into it till I realized how important money is to the game
    Played Vindictus but never really got into it
    Got beta for blade and soul but never played it cause I had to go to college.
    Used to be really into online games till I found this forum...now I just read all day and make up polls, jana:D

19. nEoQuIcKsiLvEr

nEoQuIcKsiLvEr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Played WoW, Lineage, Lineage II, Was a regular for two years on Aion, was on Rift for awhile, Warhammer, Conan, Wildstar. Then some other f2p's

I played alot and slowly dropped off alot. Usually I got on those theme park American MMOs for a while. I played Blade and soul on a chinese server with a really bad connection that's how desperate for a good MMO I was. Had high hopes for Archeage when I heard about it and saw previews, then I played it and it was bleh. The only MMO I'm kinda waiting for isn't really an MMO and that's "The Division"

20. Ji Ning

Ji Ning Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone played Avabel? It is a phone MMO that is good and very convenient to play.