Recommendations Modern Chinese BG Romance where FML has a Professional Life Beyond ML

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by crayole, Nov 23, 2021.

1. crayole

crayole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asking for recommendations for books where you can tell that the female lead is actually knowledgeable about their job. I'm tired of reading novels where the characters almost seem to half-ass their jobs or where the authors have shallow understanding of the reality of certain professions--actors/singers and doctors especially.

Preferably looking for books where the FML is not an actress/doctor (for reasons stated above).

Please do not rec books where the FML is talented in everything and anything. (i.e. My Wife Slaps People In the Face Online Daily, Ma'am You Have Been Uncovered)

Some examples of what I'm looking for:
    I'm specifically looking for modern chinese romance but historical, futuristic or wuxia/xianxia is welcomed.

OVERALL, I'm asking for novels where the author put just as much effort into the FML's professional life as they did in the romance.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  2. crayole

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SilverMist721

SilverMist721 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's seriously a type of novel which is quite hard to find, where Fl has not just romance and has a personality which is quite in line of your own preferences.

Here's a recommendation ->
    Quick transmigration : Cannon Fodder comes to Counterattack.

4. crayole

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr I feel like I'm trying to find a 4-leaf clover :blobconfounded:. But thanks for the rec!

SilverMist721 likes this.